Profile for Anon > Reviews

Content by Anon

Anon (UK)

The Politically Incorrect Parenting Book: 10 No-Nonsense Rules to Stay Sane and Raise Happy Kids
by Nigel Latta

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, great advice, 12 Jan 2014
I ordered this book when I realised I needed help with taming my 2y 4mo little boy. I was able to read the salient parts of the book in a couple of hours as it was easy to read, light hearted and reassuring. The case studies made me realise that my situation really wasn't as bad as I thought. The practical advice was just what I needed in my time of need. The text could do without the regular name dropping about the author's many qualifications, but these do not detract from the usefulness of the advice offered here. I would highly recommend this book for anyone who's toddler is behaving like...well...a toddler! It will give you the positivity and confidence you need to stay sane!

Life After Life
Life After Life

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Life After Life (Kindle Edition)
I was very disappointed with this book, having read such glowing reviews. I didn't even get 10% through before giving up on it - something I am loathed to do with any book. The plot line was slow to develop and the characters lacked any depth or substance which left me confused about who was related to whom. I eventually I decided to stop reading it when I realised that I had no interest in any of the characters or what might happen to them. I'm just glad I only spent £1.50 on this download as, even that, is money wasted.

The Last Letter from Your Lover
The Last Letter from Your Lover

1.0 out of 5 stars Painfully slow and dull, 13 July 2013
I found this story very slow. The prologue was lengthy and I found myself just wanting the story to start. I needn't have been so impatient though. When the story finally started it was neither gripping or interesting. It was simply dull with characters who were not developed particularly well and therefore I struggled to be interested in them. I gave up after about 50 pages. This was my first Jojo Moyes book which came highly recommended by a friend so I was hugely disappointed.

What Have I Done? (No Greater Love)
What Have I Done? (No Greater Love)

4.0 out of 5 stars Distressing but thought-provoking, 10 Jun 2013
If you are ok to read about horrific domestic abuse then you will cope with this book. I found it quite distressing but was intrigued to know why the option the main character (Kate) took to change her awful situation was the one she ultimately took. After finishing the book, I'm still not convinced that Kate explored any other options, so that, for me, was disappointing. In some respects it was uplifting to read how someone could endure such abuse and manage to rebuild a life for themselves afterwards.

The Half-Life Of Hannah
The Half-Life Of Hannah

1.0 out of 5 stars Slow starter, 10 Jun 2013
A very slow starter which I got 20% through before giving up (which I hate to do). I was waiting for a hook to pull me in or, at least, some direction in the story. But there was neither. The characters were weak and unlikeable and the author's style of writing didn't suit me.

Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found (Oprah's Book Club 2.0)
Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found (Oprah's Book Club 2.0)

2.0 out of 5 stars Possibly as much of a slog to read as the PCT is to walk!, 13 May 2013
I managed to get almost half way through before abandoning the book, a bit like Cheryl Strayed abandoning some parts of the trail. It was an easy read but not a page turner and so I struggled to want to find any enthusiasm to read on.

Baby BuBu Classic Prints: Posey
Baby BuBu Classic Prints: Posey

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-buy for breast feeding mums, 1 Dec 2011
This is a brilliant product, obviously designed by someone who has breast fed! Being a first time mum I was a little wary of breast feeding in public, or even at home when visitors came to see our baby. However, with this great product, I was able to relax and enjoy feeding my little one whilst still being sociable AND maintaining my dignity! The neckline feature means you can look down to see your baby and talk to him/her during feeding. I've had lots of comments from people about what a great idea the feeding cover is and I always agree with them!

Harmony Thermal Blackout Curtain Lining Pair Ivory 46x51
Harmony Thermal Blackout Curtain Lining Pair Ivory 46x51
Offered by Ideal Textiles

2.0 out of 5 stars Does the job though I suspect they were previously opened, 10 Aug 2011
Bought 2 pairs of these black out linings. One pair had definitely been previously opened and had a subtle smoke smell to it which I wasn't happy with as they were bought for my baby's nursery. However, the unopened linings were perfectly fine.

Heart Shaped Flying Lanterns - Pack Of 2
Heart Shaped Flying Lanterns - Pack Of 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Well presented, 10 Aug 2011
Very impressed with the presentation of packaging particularly as this was bought as a gift. We haven't flown the lanterns yet so can't comment on the product performance.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Average service, cover up job, 6 April 2009
I originally left neutral feedback as an honest reflection of a neutral transaction - from the buyer's point of view. I have since been harassed by this company by letter, phone and email in their attempts to get me to delete my feedback. I would, now, never buy from this company again. Instead of trying to improve their service, they are simply trying to cover it up. I would have given zero stars, but this wasn't an option.