Profile for voodoojon > Reviews

Content by voodoojon

"voodoojon"

Lucas Classic Line: Escape from Monkey Island (PC CD)
Lucas Classic Line: Escape from Monkey Island (PC CD)

3.0 out of 5 stars control system is terrible, 16 Aug 2005
I loved Monkey 1, 2, 3, but the control system they've put on this game was so annoying that I lost interest in this game. The point and click controls in the earlier chapters were so simple and easy to use that I took them for granted. Now they've replaced this with a system based on either a ps2 style controller or a mass of keys on the keyboard to remember. Even when I had taken the time to learn the functions of the buttons on my controller it's still really frustrating.

Microsoft Blue Optical Mouse
Microsoft Blue Optical Mouse

3.0 out of 5 stars red light? why?, 16 Aug 2005
I found no problems in using this mouse, but I just can't stand the fact that its red led light stays on all the time. Even when the computer is switched off. It's such a pointless waste of electricity. why would I want to see my mouse in the dark if the computer isn't even switched on? I'd have to unplug either the mouse or the computer to get my bedroom to totally dark at night.

The Music of Mississippi John Hurt with CD (Audio)
The Music of Mississippi John Hurt with CD (Audio)
by Aaron Stang

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Blues Legend, great author., 24 Mar 2005
Even if you haven't heard of Mississipi John Hurt, this is worth buying if you have any interest in learning fingerstyle blues guitar. There's no one better to teach it that Stephan Grossman, who personally rediscovered him (I think) in the sixties and helped make some of the more recent recordings. Some of the recordings on the included CD aren't availiable anywhere else as far as I know. Stephan's "Masters of Country Blues Guitar" is also a good buy and included some more transcriptions of MJH.

Saitek P880 Twin Analogue Pad
Saitek P880 Twin Analogue Pad

4.0 out of 5 stars not quite right for pro evo 4, 24 Mar 2005
I bought this to play pro evo 4, and it works OK, the analogue controllers are fine for directing the players movement and passing, but I haven't found a way of setting it up for the more advanced functions like manual pass. If you want a controller for pro evo, you're best off getting an out and out ps2 controller copy.

Zatoichi [2004] [DVD]
Zatoichi [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ 'Beat' Takeshi Kitano

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime - buy it now., 17 Jan 2005
This review is from: Zatoichi [2004] [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this at the cinema in 2004 and it shot straight into my top ten films of all time. Buying it on DVD confirmed this. Some of the slapstick huour was hilarious, and the sword fighting was unlike any other martial arts movie. The only thing I don't like is the unnecessary tap dance scene at the end - Press stop when it gets to this point, it adds nothing to the film (the second dance bit, mind, don't miss the last bit of the plot).
Other thant that, the film is pure entertainment, just like Takeshi says.

James Brown's Funky People
James Brown's Funky People
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars essential: you need this more than you need food., 15 Oct 2004
I got this album mainly just for track 3, 'think(about it)' by Lyn Collins, which has benn one of my all time favourite tracks for ages. I only found out the artist and name of that track a few months ago, and now I finally have a legit recording of it. Anyone who hasn't discover 'the female preacher' should buy this now, and also buy the other two volumes. All the other tracks on the album are killer classics, but for me it's all about Lyn.