Profile for Imperata Van Pelt > Reviews

Blackberry Playbook 64GB Tablet
Blackberry Playbook 64GB Tablet
Offered by Mobile Phone Island

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, 12 Jun. 2013
Lets start by addressing the elephant in the room.... this device is not an ipad mini or nexus 7. Were the pricing comparable I would probably rate both of those devices as superior to this. However I bought my 64GB playbook refurbished with 12 months warranty for £65 plus postage. Which I would say, pound for pound, actually puts it way ahead of the aforementioned devices.

I must point out that, as a tablet user, my focus is generally limited to internet browsing, managing my diary, music, video, email and the odd application. I have found the playbook to be eminently capable in all these areas and very easy to navigate around. In fact I actually find its standardised "series of swipes" from within any application to be really intuitive (I personally prefer it over both the android and ios devices I have used).

One thing in particular I found impressive (as a blackberry user) was the blackberry bridge. You can bridge the playbook and your blackberry together and use the playbook to browse the web or access your blackberry emails seamlessly. Once the connection between the two devices is broken, there are no emails left locally on the device - which from a security perspective (business users) is a great solution to a potential issue.

Nevertheless I am not one to be forever consuming new games and applications and I would suggest if I were, I would find the availability and quality of such apps/games on Blackberry World somewhat lacking. There is an ability (with some limited technical expertise) to sideload selected android applications onto the playbook and that does close some of the gaps - but its a process that is a tad more clunky and long winded than just downloading and using apps straight from the apple or android app store.

So in summary, if you can secure one for the price I paid, its a no brainer. You will be getting a quality product that is worth much more than you have paid. If you are not someone who is endlessly looking for new apps / games, then once again buy one of these, it is more than enough for your needs. But if you are looking for a good tablet with the flexibility of downloading thousands of games and applications at very cheap prices - this isn't for you.

3.5mm Headphone Splitter Jack Cable for Apple iPhone 3G
3.5mm Headphone Splitter Jack Cable for Apple iPhone 3G
Offered by LTZmart

5.0 out of 5 stars How do they supply this so cheaply?, 12 Jun. 2013
I was doubtful as to the quality of this given it was being advertised at 53 pence including delivery but how stunned I was. Works perfectly - I am staggered it can be manufactured and delivered for less than the cost of the uk postage stamp you would have to buy to send it to someone!

The Illustrated Guide to the Elements: Volume I
The Illustrated Guide to the Elements: Volume I
by Jenna White

5.0 out of 5 stars Steam Punk Extrravaganza, 4 Mar. 2013
This book is very a la mode. The Sherlock Holmes "case book" style of investigation is a brilliant mechanism for a detailed description of each element as personified as a Victorian "lady." It hints at steam punk but isn't a slave to the genre. The writing is inventive and compelling, the characters of each element, easily conjured from the multi-layered descriptions. The science is fascinating but doesn't slow down the narrative.

The real star though is the amazing art. It really needs to be seen to be believed. (Have a sneak peek on her web site[...])