Profile for Nicola71 > Reviews

Content by Nicola71

Nicola71

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Geneticus Book Zero (Geneticus Series 1)
Geneticus Book Zero (Geneticus Series 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't wait for the next book in the series...... I NEED TO READ IT STRAIGHT AWAY! Absolutely love this book and so will you!, 18 July 2016
I'm not really sure the best way to review Geneticus without giving anything away, I will do my best and hope my review encourages you to give it a go, you will not be disappointed.
Geneticus starts with 9 year old Jay living in the slums of a dystopian society on Cenerea, the third planet from the star Letria, which is very much like Earth but is certainly not earth. After Jay's mum takes her own life, Jay gets taken in to a Homeland orphanage where life is hard with constant beatings etc. By 24 Jay's intellect has got him noticed and at Homeland's training facility/university. His life seems perfect to him, beautiful, rich and influential girlfriend, a top job with the Homeland military working on AI's, life just couldn't get any better.......... Then his AI tutor wants Jay's help and tells him the true history of the Homeland which takes Jay on a fascinating journey. He also learns nothing in his life is quite what it seems, including his relationship with Elle, his beautiful, sexist girlfriend. Sorry I can't even give you a clue where the story starts to go, it is the sort of book where the less you know the better and the more enjoyable it is to read.
I know people say they couldn't put a book down but I really couldn't, my son had to pry it out of my hands so he got fed ha ha ha! I kid you not. Not only is Geneticus very well written it moves along a just the right speed, there are twists and turns from start to end, some you guess at and some you don't. I think the author purposely put certain twists in so you didn't realise the bigger twist that was coming. The characters were very well written and importantly believable, you really got to know them and I was actually shocked at what some of them did or had done because of how well you had gotten to know them, you are surprised or shocked that they behaved so out of character, or is that the real them and the them you have gotten to know throughout the story is a cover and a Lie? Parts of the story are very profound and both fascinating and believable....... Maybe? You decide.
This is the first book in a series and I can't wait for the next book, I mean I really cannot wait! I NEED to find out what happens next. Geneticus pulls you in hook, line and sinker, I didn't want to finish it. Obviously I wanted to know what happens but I really didn't want the book to end. This is definitely my favourite book of the year so far and I think also my favourite book in a few years, which I am surprised at because I have read so many good books the last year or so.
I think everyone should read this book, even if it is not the type of book you usually read because I'm sure a lot of you will love it. It has various genre's in this story, it is very hard to put it in a box. So if you're not sure whether to read it or not I recommend you do, I really don't think you will be disappointed with it. I was lucky enough to get this ebook free from Story Cartel in return for an honest review and I promise this is my honest opinion of the book, if I didn't like it I would tell you. When buying books or any other products I always read the reviews and they play a big part in my decision, due to this my reviews are truly my honest opinion.

Premium ULTRICS® Hi-Speed Extra Long Nylon Braided Tangle-Free USB 2.0 Micro USB Charging/Sync Cable For Micro USB Male to USB Male Adapter Cable Universal for Samung Galaxy Note S5 S4 S3 S2 Tab 3 Note 10.1 2014 Edition | Google Nexus 5 4 7 10 2013 | HTC One M8 | Moto G | Nokia Lumia | Sony Xperia Phone Tablet (2 Meters, Purple)
Offered by Sonali

2.0 out of 5 stars Great supplier, 12 May 2016
UPDATE: Unfortunately of the two cables I kept neither worked for long. The first could have been my fault, so I will take the blame for that one. The second cable however had nothing to do with me. It charged well for just over a week then kept stopping and starting until today when it gave up the ghost and went to the scrap yard in the sky :-(
I'm really pleased with this cable, it's much better than the more expensive ones I've bought or that have been supplied with top end phones and tablets. A lot of cables I've bought both cheap and more expensive haven't charged at full capacity and a message comes up on my tablet that I am using a slow charger and to switch charger straight away........... I'm happy to say I don't have that problem with this one and it charges quicker than the original charger. Thanks to the type of cable it is there is no getting tangled up with other wires, it is very strong and durable. I got the 2 meter and it makes life so much easier not having to sit on top of the plug. I am so impressed with this cable I've just ordered more.
I must say the suppliers Sonali, are so friendly and quick to reply to any messages, they are also more than happy to do anything they can to help, wonderful customer service thank you.

The Kingdom - Here Be Dragons, Here Be Dreams
The Kingdom - Here Be Dragons, Here Be Dreams

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the read, 28 Feb. 2016
I was given a copy of this book in return of an honest review.
I must admit this wasn't quite what I was expecting, I obviously misread the info I was given which was my mistake. I didn't expect God to play such a huge role in the book or for there to be quite as many bible quotes, I am ashamed to admit if I had read the info sent to me better I wouldn't have read the book. That being said I am grateful if misread my info as I would have missed out on a truly original book. I'm not sure how best to describe the book it is part memoir, the authors own story, part fantasy and part something I have not quite pin pointed. I really liked that God was a real character in this story and I think he would be very happy at the way he was portrayed, we saw things from Joanna's view and also from God's. Lucifer was also portrayed, his voice at least. I liked the way that Lucifer was portrayed, not as his cloven, evil personal as he usually is, in fact I found him quite funny the way he heckles, scoff and laughs, all the while whispering in Joanna's ear how God doesn't love her, how she doesn't deserve his love. His role is to put doubt in people's minds, convince them they are not good enough etc... etc... I found him more believable than the fire and brimstone totally evil role he usually plays, in this I found him more real his turning people from God by deceit. God on the other hand is constantly assuring Joanna and others of his love for them, that he has always loved them and always will, and his sadness at those who turn their backs on him. I felt he was a very human God who had all of our good points amplified and more, with none of our bad. Joanna's life is far from easy, her childhood is truly abysmal she is treated terribly by both parents especially her bi-polar mother, her father doesn't care for any but himself. With God's love she gets through this but her journey in the big world isn't the easiest by far.
I don't really want to give anything of the story away, it is well worth the read. I apologise for not giving this book a worthy review but I couldn't find the right words without saying too much.

Yonder (A Southern Haunting Book 1)
Yonder (A Southern Haunting Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love this book and so will you, 28 Feb. 2016
It is so hard trying to write a review of Yonder without giving any spoilers but I will do my best. You are best reading this story with no idea of where it might take you
I wasn't really sure what to expect from this book, is it a romance? Or a Ghost story? Or something else? All I can tell you is to let go of any expectations, let the story take you by the hand and lead it where it will........
I absolutely loved this book, the author weaves a beautiful, bittersweet story of childhood dreams, heartbreak, loss, revenge and love but not necessarily in that order. This is one of the few books that have brought tears to my eyes, whether they are from sadness or happiness I will let you find out for yourself. The story follows the lives of childhood friends with Isabel being the main character. The characters are so well written they could be real people, the author writes about them as though they are well known and loved friends. Their story is written in full colour, you can see the scenes being described, smell the heavy fragrant air, feeling you really know the characters and being pulled full force into the story. I know people always say "you won't be able to put this book down" but you really won't! It has a lot of secrets and surprises, in fact I decided to stop trying to second guess what was going to happen. For example from early on I thought I knew who Eli was and what happened to him, turns out I was only partly right in who he was the rest was a complete surprise.
I really can't praise this book highly enough and I have recommended it to all of my friends. If you are undecided about this book is suggest you buy it, you won't regret it. Sorry if you feel I haven't told you anything about the story but the best way you can read it is by knowing nothing about it, I so hate reviews that tell you either the basic story or spoilers from the book.
I can't wait to read the next in the series x

Domire The Sleep Mask sleeping Eye Shades Eye Blinders 3D Eye Mask
Domire The Sleep Mask sleeping Eye Shades Eye Blinders 3D Eye Mask
Offered by AzureView

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, 25 Feb. 2016
Does what it says. More comfortable than some and no light comes under the edges, I find it very easy to fall asleep with it on. What more can I say!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn last long, 25 Feb. 2016
Fell apart in no time.

Hair Angel Tangle Xtreme Soft Touch Brush, Black/ Neon Pink
Hair Angel Tangle Xtreme Soft Touch Brush, Black/ Neon Pink
Offered by Online Beauty Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyo sh own at l one Tang Angel!, 25 Feb. 2016
I absolutely L♡VE this brush 💞 I have one of the original Tangle Angel's which I also love but having long hair this bigger version with slightly harder bristles is perfect for my hair. If my hair has got very tangled I find using the original and then this works great and they remove all the tangles without too much hair loss. Due to the heavy medications I have to take it get a lot of hair loss and my hair itself breaks easily, I've tried so many brushes trying to find one that doesn't pull my hair out or break it as much as every hair brush I've true......... Until I found Tangle Angel, both brushes get through my hair easily with very little hair in the brush afterwards which is amazing, already my hair is getting thicker (as in amount of hair). I really can't believe the difference. In my opinion everyone should own at least one of these amazing brushes 💜

Head Case Designs Serena Mermaids Protective Snap-on Hard Back Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S5
Offered by eCell

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty, 25 Feb. 2016
Great quality as always from HeadCase and the picture is beautiful, looks great on my phone and everyone always says how cool it looks 💙

Stairway to Heaven (Live At The Kennedy Center Honors)
Stairway to Heaven (Live At The Kennedy Center Honors)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this version 💜, 25 Feb. 2016
I wasn't too sure what Heart's version of this classic would be like but I have to say it sounds great and they have done a very great job 👍Love it 💜

The Friendly Swede Replaceable Tip Hybrid Stylus (3 Pack), Hot Pink, Light Blue and Purple
Offered by The Friendly Swede [UK]

5.0 out of 5 stars Best stylus I've used and last well, 25 Feb. 2016
My favourite stylus. I bought some of these some time ago and loved them, unfortunately for me so did my friends, so I ended up with none lol! I have been meaning to buy myself some more but kept forgetting. Easily the best stylus' I've ever used, aluminium body and each head lasts a long time. Highly recommend these 👍

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9