Profile for E. Walker > Reviews

Content by E. Walker

E. Walker "aqapop" (Surrey, UK)

Brainstorm Toys Aurora Northern & Southern Lights Projector
Brainstorm Toys Aurora Northern & Southern Lights Projector
Offered by Findmeagift

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect alternative to Lapland, 16 Nov. 2015
I LOVE this! I'm a thirty-something big kid who's always wanted to see the Northern Lights, but they sadly never shone when I visited Iceland. I decided to buy this as a bit of fun, but I can't get enough of it! It's so simple, and for the purists it may not be a perfect representation of the auroras, but lying in a nice warm bed looking up at the lights playing across the ceiling is just brilliant! I can't decide which disc I prefer more... The noise of the disc turning is there but faint so it doesn't ruin the experience at all. A brilliant little fun product which is very likely to use up all my batteries with overuse!!

HDE Mini Displayport To Vga Female Adapter For Mac
HDE Mini Displayport To Vga Female Adapter For Mac
Offered by HDE

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Mac Mini '11, 4 May 2012
I was really nervous about buying this product - I'm still quite new to Macs and I'd already had to purchase a VGA-DVI adapted for the old G5 Mac Mini and was gutted at having to purchase yet another adapter!

No reviews really mentioned Mac Minis before, so I wasn't sure what would happen, but I was very, very pleased that this worked instantly in the Thunderport with my Dell VGA screen. So far, I definitely recommend the product...

Bigben Interactive Wii Cyberbike "Magnetic Edit."
Bigben Interactive Wii Cyberbike "Magnetic Edit."
Offered by Eliware

3.0 out of 5 stars A good start with nowhere to go..., 17 July 2011
The Cyberbike would be an excellent idea except for one problem: they only ever created one game for it! There's so much more they could have done - Tour de France, traffic dodging in major cities, a 'Family Ski' equivalent for cyclists (Centre Parcs?), etc. Unfortunately, much as I enjoyed owning this initially, I eventually got bored of the lack of variation in the game, and as it's quite a bulky add-on, it's gone back in the box until they finally do something new for it. Fingers crossed...

My Fitness Coach: Dance Workout (Wii)
My Fitness Coach: Dance Workout (Wii)

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it... When I can do it!, 16 July 2011
I already own My Fitness Coach (Get in Shape), which I use a lot, despite the fact it's very flawed. This game is completely different, and I much prefer it in terms of the programming. Some of the mini games can be a bit frustrating at times, and I have certainly confirmed my inability to move feet and arms at the same time! But I still really enjoy the Latin dance and cardio boxing workouts, which are fun and occasionally challenging, and the marathon mini game is utterly exhausting (in a good way).

This is so far the better My Fitness Coach game, but if I had to make a recommendation, I'd tell you to get Exerbeat first. Then get this game if it's going for a good price.

Fit and Fun (Wii)
Fit and Fun (Wii)

3.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly and flawed, but..., 16 July 2011
This review is from: Fit and Fun (Wii) (Video Game)
I have to admit, when I first tried this game I was very disappointed. I bought it with Exerbeat, and I much preferred Exerbeat. This game has overly sensitive controls and instructions are not always clear. The Wae Bo game is still totally frustrating me as the wii-motes just don't seem to do what they're apparently meant to. And I am slightly tired of being told to move more slowly/quickly when I'm moving at the same speed as the on screen character! The worse has to be badminton - the control delay is rdiculous! It really ruins game play.

However, I have found a very few plusses: I like the jogging as it's a great alternative to the Wii Fit jogging. Picking up recycled bottles on the way is somewhat pointless, but you can just ignore all that and still have a nice beach jog, nice relaxing music in the background. Also, although not easy, the skipping is sort of ok. And I've finally worked out how to set up the Qi Gong and yoga-ish stretching exercises into full workouts with a meditation at the end. This took quite a bit of working out as there were no clear and simple instructions.

I don't think I could recommend anyone rush to buy this game unless it drops considerably in price. Fun is probably not the adjective I'd use, but you probably could get fit once you can work out how to use the game...

Exerbeat Gym Class Workout (Wii)
Exerbeat Gym Class Workout (Wii)
Offered by games.empire

5.0 out of 5 stars The next Wii Fit..., 27 Jun. 2011
I've been waiting for the next 'Wii Fit game', and this is definitely it. You attach your Mii to the game, although it doesn't always get used (I'm pretty sure that's not Mii swimming...), but the layout of the programme is so similar to Wii Fit it just feels comfortably familiar from the start. My personal highlights are definitely the Latin dance (I like making use of the balance board) and Karate, as I've always thought the Wii would be great for martial arts - and it is. The only downside so far has been that occasionally (particularly with body conditioning) my wiimotes don't always register my movements (it's not my fault, honest!). I can also see myself struggling to unlock some of the later mini-game levels - but then that's all part of the challenge! Neither complaint has spoilt my enjoyment so far - on day one I made it as far as Hungary - and I highly recommend this game to anyone who, like me, is looking for Wii Fit 3... :)

Gift Republic: Grow It. Grow Your Own Chilli Plants
Gift Republic: Grow It. Grow Your Own Chilli Plants

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good start..., 3 May 2010
I know some people have commented that these didn't germinate at all, and as I have the least green fingers in the world, I wasn't expecting much. But, actually, four out of five of the seed pots sprouted and are growing well! I've yet to get any actual chillis, but I guess it's early days, and I'm just pleased that they've grown at all! It's definitely a nice kit if you're not too bothered by the outcome and just want to have a go at growing something, like me... :-)

Flavours ("Marie Claire" Style)
Flavours ("Marie Claire" Style)
by Donna Hay

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Cooking!, 21 Sept. 2003
This is the most spectacular cookbook ever! I borrowed this from the library along with a stack of others when I first left home, and within weeks had brought my own copy to keep forever! The layout of the pages is clear and very well presented in the typical Donna Hay style, with excellent colour pictures of every single dish. There are pages of excellent little tips on each of the sections. The sections include 'lemon and lime', 'salt and pepper', 'herbs', and my favourite 'chocolate' recipes, to name only a few. You have to see this book! My favourite recipe so far: pasta with chilli and bacon. But I'm still trying every single one out... If you love cooking, but this - you will love using it.