ARRAY(0xac47d510)

I Done A Album [Explicit]
I Done A Album [Explicit]
Price: 7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, 6 Jan 2014
I've always liked Beardyman, and this is an interesting departure for him. After listening to this, everything else just seems to take itself too seriously. If you like electronic beats with a big splash of humour thrown in then this is for you!

One Summer: America 1927
One Summer: America 1927
Price: 8.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Reading, 25 Oct 2013
I'll freely admit that I am biased when reviewing anything by Bill Bryson. Ever since I first read Notes From a Small Island back when I was a teenager, I have been hooked on his books.

With that said, this is not the book that I'd recommend someone new to Bryson start with. It's a little drier than most of his other works.

That's not to say it's a bad book, by any stretch. I am enjoying it a lot. It is a window onto a country that we hear a lot about but maybe don't know as much about as we think we do. However if you have never read Bryson, I suggest one of his hilarious travel books, or the one on science or the home, both of which I cannot recommend highly enough.

Western Digital Black - 3.5 inch 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - OEM
Western Digital Black - 3.5 inch 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - OEM

5.0 out of 5 stars WD 1TB, 24 Oct 2013
I bought this to do a new OS install and did a lot of agonising over whether to get this or the Seagate Barracuda, which has twice the capacity and may be a little faster.

In the end, I read so many reviews and forum posts by people saying their Barracuda had failed after just a few days or a month that I decided that this is a much better bet. I've always gone Western Digital in builds, and they've never let me down yet. So I would recommend this. I've had no problems with it, which for an HDD is about as high praise as one can give, really...

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, SP1, 64-bit, 1pk, DSP, OEM, DVD, ENG
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, SP1, 64-bit, 1pk, DSP, OEM, DVD, ENG

4.0 out of 5 stars The only Windows product to buy, 3 Oct 2013
I'm knocking a star off because this was an absolute PIG to install...so much for Windows installations being easier after Vista! Anyway, I bought it because I was still on XP and I see that the Windows 7 keys are fast running out - and I'd rather pour petrol over my PC and set light to it than be forced to use Windows 8.

Arrived in great time, well packaged with good instructions on how to apply the key. Now it's up and running I can't fault it really!

The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul
The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 July 2013
I am a great fan of Douglas Adams, and it always makes me very sad that he did not live long enough to give us more of his work. I scarcely need to say what has already been said thousands of times; quirky, intelligent, witty, delicately balanced. Adams was one of the very best writers of the modern age, and it is a great shame that he hated deadlines so much and thus produced so little.

Every line Adams wrote, I have found to be worth reading.

Xbox 360 Wireless 'N' Network Adaptor (Xbox 360)
Xbox 360 Wireless 'N' Network Adaptor (Xbox 360)
Offered by SelectGames
Price: 67.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Adapter, 15 Jun 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
When you have a console that needs to connect to the internet, you can't really justify trailing ethernet wires across the living room to either yourself or anyone else in your household.

Easy to set up (as you'd expect - you just plug it in, provided you have the latest dashboard update), and I get excellent signal with no dropout.

The only negative for me is that it is perhaps a little dear for what it is, but if you buy into Microsoft's package, that's something that you just have to suck up. Given the value this thing adds, even at a slightly elevated price point it's worth the money.

A Street Cat Named Bob
A Street Cat Named Bob
Price: 3.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 5 May 2013
Even if this were not a true story, this would be a wonderfully uplifting tale. The fact that it IS true adds that further dimension to make this a true, must-read book. Do yourself a favour and buy this book now!

Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain
Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 5 May 2013
I fancied something totally different to read, and this is certainly that! In a very good way. It is nice to see that some people are trying to disprove the rubbish that the media continually spouts at us about how our society is teetering on the edge of an abyss. People are just people, and this book proves that.

Count Zero
Count Zero
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Count Zero (Kindle Edition)
Not much more to say than if you liked the previous title in the trilogy (Neuromancer), you'll love this. Do read Neuromancer first though, if you haven't yet, as while it isn't essential, it gives the story a nice "Hmmm I know that guy," feel when previous characters are mentioned.

Cluedo
Cluedo
Offered by a1 Toys
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Still holds up, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Cluedo (Toy)
My brother bought this for my Mum for Christmas - we are all adults now in this family (or rather big kids), and we had a great time playing it on Boxing Day!

That said, we all agreed that we do NOT like the update of characters, as we feel that one of the things that really gives the game an individual feel is having those original players that we remember from the past. I also don't like the update of rooms, as the inclusion of a bedroom/bathroom makes it seem that the eccentric millionaire Mr Black (the victim) was in fact living in a bungalow. If I were an eccentric millionaire, I'd definitely still have a library and billiards room.

Nonetheless, the main format is unchanged, and this is a good thing. Still lots of fun with the family, whether young or old.

Page: 1 | 2