Profile for GeoffDiGeoff > Reviews

Kubik Evo 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black
Kubik Evo 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black
Offered by ARC UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff... and it has Tetris!, 18 Dec. 2014
I bought this as a Christmas present for my 7 year old son. He loves music, and I wanted him to have a way to listen in his room, with having full time access to his tablet. I've preloaded a ton of his favourite tunes on to it already, and had a listen myself, and it's pretty damn good considering the price. Took me a few to figure out the controls, as buttons do multiple things, but once you've got it, it's simple, and I have no doubt my son will love it.
Plenty of space, easy to load music on to it and the thing that really impressed me (probably showing my age) is that comes pre-packed with Tetris! Awesome :)
For £26, it's a bargain!

Limitless (Out of the Box Book 1)
Limitless (Out of the Box Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sienna and Crane do it again :), 11 Nov. 2014
Another great Sienna Nealon book from Robert J. Crane. I've just finished this book after ploughing through the initial series earlier this year. If you haven't read them already, get them all now and enjoy.
I was wondering where he was going to take it after the epic climax to the Girl In the Box, and I was not disappointed.
I particularly enjoy the up to date popular culture references, which pop up in some of the more humorous moments.
Sienna is a great character, with just the right mix of sarcasm, wit and moral compass. Add the general badassery that she wields, and you have great story which you struggle to put down. Bring on the next book!

Amscan Disney Jake and Neverland Pirates Scene Setters
Amscan Disney Jake and Neverland Pirates Scene Setters

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for our daughters Jake party, 15 Sept. 2014
It did indeed set the scene. The kids thought it was cool and it livened up a dreary hired hall for the party.

Sonos PLAY:5 Black - The Wireless Hi-Fi (formerly S5)
Sonos PLAY:5 Black - The Wireless Hi-Fi (formerly S5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome piece of kit - even stops the kids arguing!, 15 Sept. 2014
This is just what we needed in our house. With a vast MP3 library on our PC, and frequent use of Spotify/TuneIn Radio, listening to music was basically played through our PC speakers. The Play 5 lets us play any and all of our music with ease, controlling it from our phones or PC with a few clicks.
Just as an example: Making the kids breakfast in the kitchen this morning, I could hear them arguing about something. So I tapped the Sonos app on my phone, and put some tunes on in the living room. When I got in there, they were both happily singing along (to Deaf Havana), their argument forgotten.
I left the album running, and headed out to work. My wife later confirmed to me that the whole album continued to play long after I'd left. I can only assume, that it picked up her phone as a controller, continuing to play the Spotify playlist, even though she herself does not have the Spotify app on her phone.

My only desire is that Sonos would engineer their controller to be more. A music library editing system. I mean, when I try to browse music by Genre for example, I get a list of 300+ different variations of weird genres. That's the way the music is set up, not Sonos' fault, but it would be awesome if there was a quick way to select tracks and edit their metadata without having to use an outside system.

All in all, love it. I will most definitely be expanding our kit in the months to come

The Girl in the Box Series, Books 1-3: Alone, Untouched and Soulless
The Girl in the Box Series, Books 1-3: Alone, Untouched and Soulless

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reads, 11 Sept. 2014
Fabulous books, I liked the first two, but by the end of the third I'm hooked. Just ordered four, five and six straight off the bat. If someone doesn't pick this series up for TV then I'd be massively surprised. It would translate to the screen brilliantly, a mix of Heroes, X-Men and a touch of Lost Girl. Get the first three for free, you won't regret it!

Alone (The Girl in the Box Book 1)
Alone (The Girl in the Box Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, fun, easy read, 9 Sept. 2014
I like it, I had just finished the hunger games trilogy and found this interesting. As people have said, it's short, but meh, it's still a good read.
*Spoilers*
Kind of a cross between Heroes and Lost Girl. My only gripe is that Sienna doesn't seem to have enough issues. I mean, she's been locked away from the world her entire life (or near as damn it), yet she is fully capable of holding conversation with people, and seems fairly well adjusted considering. Maybe just part of her meta charms... but I expected a few more teething problems at the beginning at least.

Laws of Motion
Laws of Motion

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic from top to bottom, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Laws of Motion (MP3 Download)
My fave album of 2013 so far. I can't recommend this enough to prog fans and music lovers all over. The skill of these guys is clear to see. Buy it now, you will not regret it!

Dew Sterling Silver Pearl Twist Bracelet of Length 18.5cm 78020SP001
Dew Sterling Silver Pearl Twist Bracelet of Length 18.5cm 78020SP001

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 31 Aug. 2012
I bought this for my girlfriend (now fiancée) for Christmas 2011. She loved it then, she still loves it now, and where's it all day, every day. It's still as pretty as the day I bought it.
Will definitely be looking for further pieces like this.

XMI X-Mini II 2nd Generation Capsule Speaker with 3.5mm Jack Compatible with iPhone/iPad/iPod/Smartphones/Tablets/MP3 Player/Laptop - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A new level of awesome, 7 Feb. 2012
Not going to write a massive review because there are some really good reviews already! But this little speaker is fantastic. For ~£11 I now have portable good quality music. Cannot recommend this enough! I'll be buying two more at least!

Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Terrance (Blue)
Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Terrance (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars My boy was so chuffed!, 25 Jun. 2010
I bought this for my 3 year old primarily for use when we go on holiday. Now he's out of the buggy, the Trunki keeps him happy and distracted during long waits at the airport. That and it holds more than enough clothing etc for a weekend trip to grandma's house.
So far it's taken a beating and still stands strong, the wheels still turn true. The best buy I've made in a long time.

Page: 1 | 2