Profile for Caz > Reviews

Content by Caz

Caz "I love cooking" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
BL450 Fruit & Vegetable Blender with 18oz & 24oz Cups in Black
BL450 Fruit & Vegetable Blender with 18oz & 24oz Cups in Black
Offered by Ninja UK

5.0 out of 5 stars The Nutri Ninja has a 900w motor like the Nutribullet 900 pro model but the Ninja is ..., 1 Aug. 2015
This appears a very solid blender and I am impressed with the build quality. The cups,which come in two sizes, are very thick plastic and they have flip top lids to sip from.

The Ninja has just made very light work of a smoothie consisting of ice cubes and kale leaves and other ingredients - around 25 seconds and it was done. The recipe came from a book included with the Ninja with 30 recipes although I have also ordered the Nutri Ninja recipe book (70 recipes) for more inspiration.

The Nutri Ninja has a 900w motor like the Nutribullet 900 pro model but the Ninja is much cheaper at time of writing this review which clinched it for me, as did many reviews and comparisons I saw online where the Ninja faired favourably.

The UK Ninjakitchen site sells cups and lids as spares which is also good.

Jigframe Light 1000 Medium Fits puzzles that are between 26.57 and 27.6 inches long and between 18.74 and 20.08 inches wide Fits puzzles that are between 675 and 701 millimetres long and between 476 and 510 millimetres wide
Offered by Jigthings Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice way to enjoy a completed puzzle for a bit longer, 12 April 2015
I've just finished a lovely Schmidt puzzle and it fits well in this frame. The frame will allow me to enjoy my completed puzzle for a while before I replace it with my next puzzle which is currently in progress.

The process of transferring the puzzle to the frame was very quick and easy. Once the puzzle is on the back board of the frame the whole lot slides in to the frame like a drawer. The frame itself is nice and sturdy and can be orientated landscape or portrait on the wall.

Very impressed with quality and service received from Jigthings.

Schmidt Ciro Marchetti Space Station
Schmidt Ciro Marchetti Space Station
Offered by Boardgames4usUK

5.0 out of 5 stars and were of nice quality. The image was a lovely one to ..., 12 April 2015
I've had a lovely time putting together this jigsaw. All the pieces were there, and were of nice quality. The image was a lovely one to spend a few hours focusing on as the picture built up and I noticed lots of detail along the way I hadn't seen on the picture on the box - there's more people on that spacecraft than I first thought.

NUMATIC HET200-12 Hetty Vacuum Cleaner, 620 Watt, Bagged, Pink/Black
NUMATIC HET200-12 Hetty Vacuum Cleaner, 620 Watt, Bagged, Pink/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I bought Hetty. Powerful and Effective, 23 Mar. 2015
Over the years I've often seen the Henry / Hetty type vacuum cleaners about in commercial and domestic settings and assumed they were popular for good reason, and now I own one I can see why.

This appears a very robust vacuum cleaner, built to last. There are no fiddly parts to dismantle to get to the bag and filter, you just unclip Hetty's lid and they're readily accessible. Bags are cheap (£5 for 10 on Amazon) and readily available, and my Hetty came with one fitted and 3 spare. With their 9 litre capacity the bags should last a while before needing a change.

Performance wise this at least as good as (if not better than) the Dyson cylinder I had previously. Even on low power setting the suction is really strong and I was very impressed at how extremely well it lifts dust and fluff from the carpets. It is fairly quiet, and glides around with ease on the swivel wheels. There are various attachments for stairs, upholstery etc and these are easy to swap for one another.

I like the fact that there is a 10metre power cord so I'm not forever having to swap over to another plug socket and it will make things easier when going out to hoover the car. The hose is a decent length too and when doing the stairs I can reach them all with Hetty either at the bottom of the stairs or the top, so no need to carry whilst actually hoovering.

This is a great vacuum cleaner at a good price and which I hope will last years.

JIGSORT 1000 - Jigsaw puzzle case for up to 1,000 pieces from Jigthings
JIGSORT 1000 - Jigsaw puzzle case for up to 1,000 pieces from Jigthings
Offered by Jigthings Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality and Features, 7 Mar. 2015
I researched lots of different types and sizes of jigsaw storage cases before chosing this one. It seemed a lot of money to spend, but now I have the case and am using it for a puzzle I can appreciate the benefits this has over other cases I looked at.

Big plus - Jigsort 1000 is slightly more generous in size than the other 1000 piece ones I considered - that bit of extra space gives me a wider choice of puzzles including Ravensburger 1000's which wouldn't fit on the others.

It is convenient that the puzzle board can be removed from the case, and because the board is rigid so it doesn't need a fully supportive base to sit on - so I can do a puzzle sat in bed if I wanted.

I have so far stored the case vertically with the frame of a puzzle complete and there has been no slipping of the pieces. The nice plastic-backed felt sheet that goes over the surface of the puzzle before storage contributes to this, along with the slightly padded walls of the case.

The sorting trays are a nice convenient not too large size. The slide on covers seemed a little fiddly the first couple of times I used them but now I have the knack of closing them without the pieces moving.

The case is nice and robust and because it zips up completely there is no possibility of pieces falling out during transit.

The felt material that covers the surface of the working board keeps the pieces from slipping about although it's still easy to move pieces in to place as needed.

All in all very happy. My first puzzle on this Jigsort is coming along great (Schmidt "Ciro Marchetti Space Station") and it's so nice to be able to pack it away securely and out of the way when I'm not working on it.

Minky Stowaway Full Size Folding Ironing Board
Minky Stowaway Full Size Folding Ironing Board
Offered by Home & Garden Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and very sturdy - very pleased, 26 Jan. 2015
This is a very sturdy ironing board, not wobbly at all. After a couple of goes with the instructions it's very easy to put up and down - less awkward than my old ironing board with the criss-cross type legs. It's almost half the height my old ironing board so much easier to store.. I like the fact when folded up it has a metal handle at the top that can be used to carry it about. It's nice and flat to iron on with a nice replaceable cover. It is without an "iron rest" at one end but that's not been a problem for me - it being compact was more of a priority. I expect this will last years.

Roberts Sound38 CD/DAB/FM Stereo Clock Radio with CD Bookmark
Roberts Sound38 CD/DAB/FM Stereo Clock Radio with CD Bookmark
Offered by Hughes Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and compact, CD bookmark function great for audio books, 22 Jan. 2015
The main reason I bought this radio, other than the Digital radio function, was that it has a CD Bookmark which means it will resume playing audio books from where I left off even after switching off so no more spending ages finding where I last got up to. The next main reason was how compact it is and it really is a neat shape and size - for all it's functions its the smallest one I could find.

The radio/CD/Alarm is very simple to use however I felt the instructions could be better described in places as it sometimes took a few goes for me to get some functions worked out.

Being really picky the sound quality is not quite as rich as our Pure digital radio in my opinion but still very good.

I think this neat little radio deserves 5 stars as it does everything I required

The Pressure Cooker Cookbook
The Pressure Cooker Cookbook
by Catherine Phipps

5.0 out of 5 stars I love cooking and am always looking for new ideas and ..., 2 Jan. 2015
I love cooking and am always looking for new ideas and flavour combinations and this book has certainly inspired. I have tried three recipes so far and all have been amazing. My favourite so far is the Harira recipe we had tonight (reminded me to write this review).. it's an amazing and flavoursome morrocan lamb soup which is a meal in itself - part of the process was to pressure cook chickpeas from dried - so simple and and they taste so much nicer than the tinned ones. The Chinese spare ribs recipe was the first I tried and it tasted first class. The red wine and spelt risotto was also a hit. What a great book! I can't wait to try more recipes.

ScentSicles, Fresh Cut Fir 6pc
ScentSicles, Fresh Cut Fir 6pc
Offered by FireworkCrazy

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate fragrance of a fresh cut christmas tree, 16 Dec. 2014
Just two scentsicles hung on my 6ft artificial tree makes it smell just like a real fresh cut christmas tree - it's a very accurate fragrance in my opinion. I wonder how long the fragrance will last - however with 4 more scentsicles left in the pack then hopefully there's enough to top up if necessary.

Andrew James 5 Tier Spice / Herb Rack Wall Mountable or Kitchen Cupboard Storage
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice sturdy spice rack, 27 Oct. 2014
Nice sturdy spice rack, fits inside the kitchen unit door really nicely. The tiers are deep enough to fit larger spice containers than the brand shown in the picture. Glad I went for the 5 tier instead of the 4, as the rack makes a good storage space for other small items such as boxes of stock cubes

The rack is about 6.5cm deep and my shelves within the kitchen unit only allowed 5cm.. instead of shortening the depth of the shelves I positioned the rack so that the shelves aligned with the spaces between the rack tiers to avoid clashing - even when loaded with spice jars the cupboard door closes fully as it happens.

It's nice to finally see all my herbs and spices at a glace... less chance of me doubling up on one's I think I have run out of, but havent!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4