Profile for Caz > Reviews

Content by Caz

Caz "I love cooking" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
VonShef Professional 6 Piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - 0.55L, 1L, 2L, 3L, 6L & 10L
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality and durable, 31 Jan. 2016
Excellent bowls. These bowls are a nice quality and thickness with useful volume markings down the inside as a measuring guide in ounces, mililitres, quarts and cups. There's just about every size of bowl you would need.

My main reason for purchasing these is because I've started sausage making which needs several bowls to accommodate the various ingredients plus a really large bowl which is good for combining bulk ingredients. These bowls have really fitted the bill. In the couple of weeks I've had these I've used just about all of them - not just for sausage making, I find the smaller ones are useful for storing leftovers in the fridge.

They nest nicely so I think are quite economical on space. They're durable but light and very easy to keep clean and hygenic.

WeDoMugs® What A Difference A Dave Makes Mug
WeDoMugs® What A Difference A Dave Makes Mug
Offered by WeDoMugs UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Jan. 2016
Nice quality mug, delivered promptly Not bal at all for the price.

100 Clear Polythene Disposable Gloves Smooth Size LARGE Food Safe
100 Clear Polythene Disposable Gloves Smooth Size LARGE Food Safe
Offered by Image Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the brand ordered, but fine for light tasks, good value., 16 Jan. 2016
Not bad given price. Not the Shield brand brand ordered but instead was sent Supertouch Brand. They're quite thin as you would expect given the price but Im sure would be fine for light tasks.

Gamewright Forbidden Island Game
Gamewright Forbidden Island Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game. We played as 2 players and thoroughly ..., 16 Jan. 2016
Great game. We played as 2 players and thoroughly enjoyed it. Once you get going the rules are quite straightforward.

In order to win there are 4 treasures to be retrieved from the slowly sinking island and then all players must escape together by helicopter before the island sinks completely.

It's a co-operative game. Although players take turns to make individual moves, players must work together to come up with the right moves to win the treasures and escape as a team. Either everyone wins or everyone looses.

This game is recommended for 2+ players but as it's a cooperative game I imagine it's not too difficult for one player to play solo and take the role of two players perhaps.. .something I intend to try. I like the fact it is simple to adjust the game to various difficulty levels to keep it challenging. The artwork of the game cards is beautiful and adds to the enjoyment of the game and it's all stored in a nice tin.

Much enjoyed and well worth the money

Ravensburger Labyrinth Game
Ravensburger Labyrinth Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleverly designed. Navigate around an ever changing labyrinth to find your treasures and win!, 15 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Ravensburger Labyrinth Game (Toy)
The game board very cleverly designed. It is made up of cards arranged in a grid which move on each players turn resulting in an ever changing labyrinth. Players have to navigate this to reach their treasures in order to win the game.

This game is a puzzle. It's very tactical and yet the rules are extremely simple. Since the layout of the labyrinth is different each game it provides enough challenge to keep people interested and wanting to play again. Really enjoyed by kids and grown up's here.

Rapidough
Rapidough

5.0 out of 5 stars No verbal clues can be given by the modeller, it's not easy at times!, 15 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Rapidough (Toy)
Players split in to two teams and each team has a lump of playdough to model with and cards are drawn to state what needs to be modelled. Each team has a modeller and their team mates have to guess what they are trying to model. The first team to guess their modellers effort correctly first wins the round, and the loosing team has a "plug" of playdough taken from them. No words can be spoken by the modeller and it's not easy at times - you may be required to model a dalmation or the earth for example.

As the lumps of dough dwindle in size through loosing rounds the challenge starts to increase and it gets quite funny - imagine trying to model the Eiffel tower with a pea sized bit of dough! Some interpretations of the modelling efforts are hilarious.

I found this easy to adapt for younger players because it's easy to build in to the rules that difficult or hard to understand cards for their age group can be discarded for a new card - whether the child be modelling or guessing.

Instant hit with all ages - lots of laughs. Quick to play. Well worth the money.

KitchenAid FGA Food Grinder
KitchenAid FGA Food Grinder
Offered by Blue Trade

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work as well as hoped, 15 Jan. 2016
Having washed this item thoroughly I put a large batch of f well chilled strips of beef silverside through this and was disappointed to find that the batches I processed were contaminated with with small bits of grey matter in places, so it all went in the bin. I'd seen this mentioned in some previous reviews and online and hoped I'd be lucky with my purchase, but not so. There's debate as to whether this is metal dust or oil, either way, not very appetising. I think it happens whenever the grinder gets clogged, which is hard to avoid at times.

This grinder does not like fat at all and it clogged up a few times whenever a bit of fat passed through - and I'm not talking huge amounts of fat either. When it wasn't clogged it processed the meat quite quickly. My Kitchenaid is in great condition and was recently serviced but appeared to labour a little during grinding too which I didn't like either.

A relative of mine has used of of these grinders for years regularly with no problems so maybe I've just been unlucky or should have persevered more - I've been lenient and given two stars for this reason. Having had to discard batches of really nice silverside this put me off enough to request a return through Amazon.

Viticulture Essential Edition - Board Game - English
Viticulture Essential Edition - Board Game - English
Offered by Gifts Direct 2 U Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game that can be played solo as well as multi player, 15 Jan. 2016
Great game!

Bought this Essential edition of the game because it includes the Automa cards which allow solo play (previous edition of this game meant you had to buy a "Tuscany Expansion" pack to get the automa cards which would work out expensive). For solo play the automa cards are drawn to simulate the moves of an opponent which provides the challenge for a solo player - it's a very clever system that works extremely well in my opinion.

The box contains a lot of bits and pieces but the game is very quick and simple to set up. A lot of thought went in to the design and artwork of the cards, board, and pieces which add to the charm of this game.

I'm new to games of this type and found following the instructions very challenging initially so abandoned my first attempt. Then having watched a solo play through of this game on Youtube I quickly got the picture which helped greatly and I completed my first game today without too much confusion in about 1.5 hours. I still had to refer to the instructions as a reminder but the game flowed really well.

The game really put me in to the mindset of a vineyard owner and I got the feel for whats involved in running a vineyard through the various seasons - assigning workers, planting vines, harvesting, crushing gapes, making wine, building structures, gaining wine orders, selling wine, etc. I was totally absorbed for the duration and really had to think hard about my next moves and plan ahead. I lost the first game with 13 points (20 to win a the level I played) due to not planning ahead enough. Better luck next time.

Concentration is important with this game so as not to miss or loose track of actions, which I did on occasion.. I'm not sure I'd do well playing this if there's too much distraction around me. The game has various "levels" of challenge and I started on the first level so this should keep me suitably challenged for some time.

Can't wait for my next game - this time I have a bit of experience so hope to do a better job running my next vineyard!

Sky-Watcher Heritage 76 Mini Dobsonian Telescope
Sky-Watcher Heritage 76 Mini Dobsonian Telescope
Offered by Picsio

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed!, 20 Dec. 2015
Impressed with this telescope given how little it costs. It seems nice and robust and easy to set up.

Viewed the moon tonight and saw nice detail of it's craters. Nice and sharp views. First time ever using a proper telescope so was mightily pleased with what we saw.

Bought a couple of extra bits to use with the telescope after doing a bit of research at time of purchase:

Purchased a 3x Barlow lens from Ebay for £5 (I believe it is a Bresser lens) and this made a noticable difference to how close up we could see and didn't appear to affect quality. We'll be using this all the time I think and hoping this will help get a good view of saturn or jupiter.

Also bought the moon filter which made viewing a little easier on the eye (moon is very bright otherwise).

Dead Sea Spa Magik Dead Sea Salt Brushing 500g/17oz
Dead Sea Spa Magik Dead Sea Salt Brushing 500g/17oz

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this as I was doing a detox which recommended a daily skin brushing, 12 Dec. 2015
Bought this as I was doing a detox which recommended a daily skin brushing. I'm not on the detox now but will continue to use this body wash regularly.

It smells great (not too feminine so fragrance ok for men too I think) and makes my skin feel really soft. It appears to be made of all natural ingredients.

I found it easier to apply the scrub using exfoliating gloves rather than with bare hands - it goes further that way.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5