Profile for Helen Prout > Reviews

Content by Helen Prout

Helen Prout "HelenP" (Dublin, Ireland)

Slippery Elm Powder 250g
Slippery Elm Powder 250g
Offered by NaturalHealth4Life
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Slippery Elm Powder 250g (Misc.)
Slippery elm is a great product for lining the stomach and throat. I use it to counter-act the effects of too much acid - it couldn't do this on its own, but I find it helps (I also use wheatgrass).

Easy Karaoke EKS516P Karaoke Screen Party
Easy Karaoke EKS516P Karaoke Screen Party
Price: 96.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 6 Jan 2014
Although this product was very well priced, in the end I wasn't overly ecstatic with it.

I thought the sample music CD that came with it was very poor and not suitable for my 5 year old (she is familiar with nursery rhymes; not the latest pop tunes). She used it for a day or two, but it has been forgotten and left in a corner ever since. Perhaps when she is older she will go back to it?

Apart from that, everything was in order - the machine came with all the cables I needed to connect it to the TV, and no batteries were required, which is always a plus.

Robin Wood Tarot Deck
Robin Wood Tarot Deck
by Robin Wood
Edition: Cards
Price: 15.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a pretty tarot deck, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: Robin Wood Tarot Deck (Cards)
I absolutely adore these cards, they are so descriptive and pretty - they make reading tarot easy. I have a number of decks, but this is the only deck I use.

Panasonic Lumix FT3 Red + Case + 8GB Memory Card (12.1MP, 4.6x Optical Zoom with GPS)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty camera, 27 Nov 2013
I don't know much about cameras, so this can only be a half-hearted review. Its fairly straight forward to use, with decent video capability.

Queen Bee Manuka Honey 25+ 340 g (Pack of 2)
Queen Bee Manuka Honey 25+ 340 g (Pack of 2)
Price: 38.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery - well priced, 27 Nov 2013
The honey arrived quickly and safely to my door. Extremely sweet stuff, but is known to be very good for all ailments, so I don't mind.

WD My Passport Essential SE 1 TB Metallic Red Portable Hard Drive (USB 3.0/2.0)
WD My Passport Essential SE 1 TB Metallic Red Portable Hard Drive (USB 3.0/2.0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 7 Jan 2013
This is a great product, compact and portable, but still holds a lot of information. The only downside is the price.

Vtech Kidizoom Twist Digital Camera 122853 (Pink)
Vtech Kidizoom Twist Digital Camera 122853 (Pink)
Offered by RIGHT BARGAINS
Price: 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera - especially at this price, 7 Jan 2013
Very happy with this camera - my daughter has had endless hours of fun using it. The special effects she can do with it are amazing, like putting a mustache or pigtails on the people in her photos. It also takes some pretty good video footage!

The only downside has been trying to link it up to my laptop - normally you just plug these things in and they automatically pop up, but not in this case (I had to call in reinforcements - my brother - to figure it out).

Pocket Guide to the Butterflies of Great Britain and Ireland
Pocket Guide to the Butterflies of Great Britain and Ireland
by Richard Lewington
Price: 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little book - very easy to follow, 9 Jan 2012
Great little book - with nice little drawings - making it very easy to distinguish different types of butterflies. One feature that I found particularly useful, is that they tell you what type of plants different butterflies prefer to feast on - making identification in my vegetable garden that much easier!

Let's Sing Nursery Rhymes With Justin Fletcher [DVD]
Let's Sing Nursery Rhymes With Justin Fletcher [DVD]
Dvd ~ Justin Fletcher

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, 18 May 2010
I gave a present of a Justin Fletcher DVD and CD to my nephew and they can't say enough about them.