Profile for JF > Reviews

JF (UK)

The Last Of The Teenage Idols
The Last Of The Teenage Idols

4.0 out of 5 stars Live tracks., 25 Mar. 2016
Couldn't they have made the Live album, from the Hammersmith Odeon in 1975, a complete recording with the tracks in the setlist order and mixed to sound the same? The unreleased tracks from this show are from the rough soundboard tapes.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2016 8:55 PM BST

Original Album Series
Original Album Series

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star Tull, 9 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
Excellent box set, I would say these 5 albums are my favourite Tull releases, along with the much maligned "Under Wraps". The sound quality is fantastic, the remastering really makes a big difference. Great value.

Welcome To My Nightmare [Expanded & Remastered]
Welcome To My Nightmare [Expanded & Remastered]

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Alice, 27 April 2013
What an improvement on the sound of this remaster, classic Alice at his sick best, and for £3? what a bargain.

State - Deluxe Limited Edition
State - Deluxe Limited Edition
Offered by Side Two

3.0 out of 5 stars No bad, 27 April 2013
Not a bad effort from Todd but not as good as his previous two albums. Maybe a bit too techno for me.

Live - Evil
Live - Evil

4.0 out of 5 stars Far out maaaan, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Live - Evil (Audio CD)
I didn't purchase this for myself, so, not really my cup of tea, as Frank Zappa said "jazz isn't dead...it just smells bad"...correct.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2013 11:05 AM BST

The Dark Knight Rises [2012] [Region Free]
The Dark Knight Rises [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Christian Bale
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 11 Oct. 2012
Absolutely amazing film and a great conclusion to the Batman trilogy. Loved the (sad) ending and how it left the door open for future stories.

Station To Station
Station To Station

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Live At Nassau' cd question, 28 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Station To Station (Audio CD)
I got this today, excellent, my favourite Bowie album. I bought the 3 cd set as I thought the deluxe box was just a bit too much, although I would have loved to hear the 5.1 stuff. Anyways I got a question about the live cd, is there what appears to be a jump in Station To Station about 1min 15sec mark? also does the applause after Suffragette City get louder quite abruptly just as Bowie starts to talk....or is it just my disc?

Along Came A Spider
Along Came A Spider
Offered by Leisurezone

1.0 out of 5 stars Yaaaaaaaawn, more heavy metal., 19 July 2008
This review is from: Along Came A Spider (Audio CD)
Good to see Alice going down the weirdo, concept album route again, this could have been so much better...why didn't he use more synths and vocal effects of yore? this just sound like sub standard, heavy metal crap, where is the imagination? I could go on but I can't be arsed....very disappointing.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2014 5:33 PM GMT

Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC)
Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, two bob garbage, 27 Mar. 2007
I recently bought a new Dell pc, with crap Vista os, and this is the only cd burning software it will take. It is absolute garbage, when you think how much burning software has advanced this looks like an ancient piece of crap that should be in a museum. I wouldn't even attempt to burn a DVD with it, luckily I have software that Vista does accept to do that, but for a simple cd-r burning program it is terrible. Most of the cd's I burn are live recordings and this leaves an in-between song gap, even if it is configured to 0 seconds between songs, so the discs are ruined

Can anyone recommend a burning software that Vista does accept? Nero is useless now.