Profile for welshteacakes > Reviews

Natural Health Practice Vitamin C Support 60 Capsules
Natural Health Practice Vitamin C Support 60 Capsules
Offered by Verdure Plus

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't catch a cold!!! Best remedy!, 5 Jan. 2015
Very impressed with this product! Didn't change my diet or lifestyle whilst trying for the first time. I decided to give these a go after reading a book about food combining; it recommended supplementing vitamin c (to go with healthy diet obviously) if you live and work in a city (exposure to pollution/bad air/cigarette smoke/lack of sleep is stress to the body) I first started taking them in mid November and have noticed such an improvement (I wasn't expecting) in my immune system. Normally I would have caught a cold, and I was so surprised I didn't catch a cold off someone this winter; I travel on the bus and tube everyday, squished amongst ill people coughing and sneezing EVERYWHERE during rush hour, so I come into contact with germs on a daily basis. NO cold what so ever. Also, I have noticed my skin has started to clear up a bit; I have pretty good skin generally but get the odd pimple from stress from time to time but they are starting to really heal I can tell.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2015 2:33 AM GMT

Dragonfly Rooibos Vanilla Tea Bags (Pack of 4)
Dragonfly Rooibos Vanilla Tea Bags (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally addicted!!, 8 Feb. 2014
Absolutely love this tea! I don't usually drink your normal tea with milk, I usually have all sorts of herbal teas. I recently had to cut out dairy to a suspected (and proven) intolerance, and this tea with some rice milk (or even on its own) is so delicious! Can't quite put my finger on it, but the vanilla gives it that really nice milky flavour (as in normal cow milk which I miss)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 27, 2014 3:28 AM GMT

Modern Herbals Rasberry 500ml Noni Juice
Modern Herbals Rasberry 500ml Noni Juice
Offered by Modern Herbals Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad!, 10 May 2013
I thought I'd try this after hearing about its great benefits on general health and well being.

It's recommends on taking on an empty stomach - I just received it so couldn't resist having after lunch.... I was having one of those days where you feel a bit groggy/under the weather (hay fever getting me down a bit), have been eating healthy, but just wasn't quite myself. Had a capful, felt AMAZING!! My head just felt like that wow feeling when you have extra healthy food, and felt really alert straight afterwards..... Definitely going to take this every morning!

The taste wasn't too bad - tastes a bit like a fermented juice, but didn't mind it too much, as has a tiny bit of raspberry in it to sweeten it.

Have given 4stars for above comment, will comment again after trying it for a few weeks.

Factorykiss Foil Survival Rescue Emergency Blanket Waterproof Silver
Factorykiss Foil Survival Rescue Emergency Blanket Waterproof Silver
Offered by Tcity

5.0 out of 5 stars So cool!, 15 April 2013
Can't really comment on using this for its' actual purpose, but I love this! I've been using it for some set design/art projects and its so interesting to look at. When you shine light on it, it's like ooooo :)

And dirt cheap too!

It does rip kind of easily if you makes any tears so watch out ;)

Naturya Organic Spirulina Powder 200 g Nutritional Power Food Pouch
Naturya Organic Spirulina Powder 200 g Nutritional Power Food Pouch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 15 April 2013
This stuff is great! Gives me more energy, takes away any sluggish feeling, feel like it is good for digestion. I mix it into orange juice every morning with my handheld milk frother (get one, they are about £10 and good to get if you are using everyday). I also put some chia seeds into the mix too; read up on the benefits they are great too! :)

Naturya Organic Wheatgrass Powder 200 g Nutritional Power Food Pouch
Naturya Organic Wheatgrass Powder 200 g Nutritional Power Food Pouch

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!!, 9 Sept. 2012
After trying this, there is no going back! My skin looks so radiant and healthy after drinking orange juice with a teaspoon of wheatgrass, spirulina and lucuma powder (latter sweetens the taste..it's from a fruit). My energy levels are improved, I just feel all round more healthy than before, and it makes me so happy that my skin looks so nice! I even noticed a difference after 2 days of drinking it one or 2 times a day.
I wouldn't reccomend drinking it straight with water...can taste a bit like...well grass...but orange juice it tastes really good!

My diet or lifestyle did not change whilst incorporating wheatgrass into my life so I know it was these magnificent health powders!

Screaming Masterpiece [DVD]
Screaming Masterpiece [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bjork

4.0 out of 5 stars screaming masterpiece, 12 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Screaming Masterpiece [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this dvd, as I am a massive Bjork fan, and wanted to become more knowledgeable of icelandic music. I thought the film had some beautiful scenery shots, and I did really enjoy hearing the professor at the beginning talk about Iceland's history (pagans, made of danish and irish, did not have music for 800 years)....there were a few bands I liked, but I wouldn't say that many of them were exactly ground breaking...yes, some of them were different compared to the usual manufactured rubbish churned out from the record companies these days, but they were still quite mainsteam I would say. It's definitely still made me want to visit this beautiful country one day.

Bjork - Minuscule [DVD] [Region 1] [NTSC]
Bjork - Minuscule [DVD] [Region 1] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Bjork
Offered by reflexcd2 SHIPPING FROM THE UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 12 Sept. 2011
I had seen most of this dvd as part of the vespertine dvd which came as part of the bjork Live Dvd Archive, but it had extra bits! I love watching her explain things - she's always messing around with her hair, looking over here and there...I can only imagine how complex her mind is! For those of you who haven't already seen the Vespertine Tour video - this is a great insight into the making of the album, and all the collaborators. It also has this really cool clip between some of the interviews, with the songs, of a video camera on a mini train going through this maze of a miniature house. It wasn't until the end of the dvd that I realised each room represented the essence of each song...eg the ears...heart...

Bjork: Bjorkgraphy
Bjork: Bjorkgraphy
by Martin Aston

4.0 out of 5 stars bjorkography, 15 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Bjork: Bjorkgraphy (Paperback)
As a massive fan of bjork, I bought this, as I wanted to find out more about her background and upbringing. I did enjoy it, and it was written well, but I have to say that it was a bit annoying that it wasn't written chronologically; made it a bit confusing in parts.

As somebody who was quite young when she was first on the scene (I was born 1991), this was a great insight to all of the magazines I was too young to buy/read at the time, and educated me on her slightly bohemian up-bringing by her mother, some snippets about her son sindri, her love life, and just her character and way she worked.

Human Traffic [1999] [DVD]
Human Traffic [1999] [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Simm
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Appallingly fake and boring plot, 15 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Human Traffic [1999] [DVD] (DVD)
A few seconds into this film, I knew it was rubbish. The actors were so fake - it was meant to be a "real" film....their laughs were so fake. It's a shame because I actually liked the way it was shot, but I just could not enjoy it...it's like the guys who put it together were guessing what it was like to do drugs. No one went to hospital, no one died, the sex in the film was pretty much non existent. The girls just weren't attractive...it didn't make sense how they worked boring mundane jobs, quit, and then had money to buy drugs and party ect.
I haven't yet seen Trainspotting; somebody told me this film was a rip off of it, and I shouldn't watch this; I wish I listened to them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4