Profile for jojo > Reviews

Tales From Acorn Wood: Fox's Socks
Tales From Acorn Wood: Fox's Socks
by Julia Donaldson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Postman Bear, 20 Feb. 2014
My little one loves this series of lift-the-flap books but I don't enjoy reading this one as much as Hide and Seek Pig, Rabbits Nap or Postman Bear.

Paddington Suitcase (Eight book set) (Paddington Bear)
Paddington Suitcase (Eight book set) (Paddington Bear)
by Michael Bond

5.0 out of 5 stars Paddington's a hit, 20 Feb. 2014
I read Paddington as a kid and still do it appears! The little carry case is a nice touch and ideal for a 3-yr old to get excited about.

Jamie Oliver Stackable Small & Large Cake Tin Set
Jamie Oliver Stackable Small & Large Cake Tin Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and practical, 20 Feb. 2014
The large lift-up lid is great for cakes that need slicing. didn't think I'd need the smaller tin but since buying it I've started baking cupcakes!

Baby Annabell Doll Version 8
Baby Annabell Doll Version 8
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars Father Christmas got it spot on!, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Baby Annabell Doll Version 8 (Toy)
My 3yr old recieved this from Father Christmas and it's a total hit. She had asked for a baby with a dummy so she's ecstatic to recieve a bottle for baby too. She LOVES Annabell's baby-like sounds and actions.

As parents the noises are not grating or particularly annoying which is a relief. We've not told her the baby can drink water yet, that's for another day as I could imagine that could be a point of frustration.

We thought Annabell was a very big doll for a 3yr old but she's more than coping and not an issue.

In summary, if you're child is a doll obsessive like ours then Baby Annabell will hopefully be the last doll you'll need to buy.

JJ Cole Mode Bag - Gray Flora
JJ Cole Mode Bag - Gray Flora

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and good looking, 7 July 2011
I was horrified at the price of some of the nice looking changing bags sold in John Lewis, so finding this one was a result.

I've used it for 9 months now and its worked well for me. I love the design of the fabric, its really durable and easy to keep clean. It has enough compartments for my needs and the stroller clips are brilliant.

Now that little one is on solids and bottles the bag is only just big enough ... but it is big enough.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for 1 little one, 7 July 2011
Many of my friends with 2 little ones told me that they wished that they had bought a Phil & Teds initially as when their second babies came along, their original pram needed to be replaced.

So, I've had the Explorer for about 6 months now and generally I'm really happy with it, I walk for miles with it in a week.

Its very manuverable and gives a comfy ride for baby, its easy to fold away and set up again once you've got the knack, the brake is simple to use (an improvement on other P&T models I'm told), it's simple to recline but slightly harder to adjust back (I use my head to push the back rest into the upright position to allow my hands to tighten the straps), the rain cover is brilliant - easy to zip on and comes in a neat bag that can strap to the frame in the shopping basket, a comfy handle bar etc etc.

I have only one complaint and that is that the nice large and very adjustable sun visor keeps slipping from its moorings and falling off. This can be a bit of a pain and the fault is encouraged by regular collapsing of the pram. More R&D required here.

I can't comment on how it works with 2 kiddies yet but at least I have the option to keep it should we have another.