Profile for PurplePixie91 > Reviews

Content by PurplePixie91

PurplePixie91

Page: 1 | 2
Altec Lansing 'Muzx Extra' Noise Isolating In-Ear Headphones for iPad, iPhone, iPod
Offered by A to Z
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 26 Nov 2013
Got these for my brother for Christmas. I actually managed to catch this product when it had been reduced from 50 to 7.99 - astonishing value! VERY happy with that! Seller even included a lovely courtesy note inside the parcel, which was a nice, personal touch. Finally, after Christmas I had a sneaky go at using these earphones and the level of quality is simply remarkable. My brother was VERY impressed. Brilliant all round! Would recommend.

The Firm - Total Body Toner [DVD]
The Firm - Total Body Toner [DVD]
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 26 Nov 2013
Got this because I don't have the money or the time being a final year uni student to go to the gym, and I find this really pumps up my adrenaline without it being too strenuous. After changing to a more balanced diet plan and regular walks, I've found that I've already lost two pounds after one week of using it! Just one side-note, however: it might help to mention that if you don't want to follow the beginners' instructor, you'll need two light, two medium, AND two heavy dumb-bells to go along with the workout for non-beginners. I didn't realise this until I read the DVD cover!
That being said, I do recommend this for people who don't have the time or the money for the gym like me; it works wonderfully.

Pikachu Necklace
Pikachu Necklace

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Okay, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Pikachu Necklace (Jewellery)
Got this for my flatmate for Christmas, as she loves Pokémon. Seller included a complementary mini jewellery bag, which I wasn't expecting, but I was very happy with this little touch. However, I found that the Pikachu itself looks a fair bit smaller than the photo had me believe (about the size of a 1 coin I would guess, when I thought it would be about as big as a 50p piece, for eg), as does the chain, as the previous reviewer mentioned. In fact the chain is VERY thin, too, so may swap it out for another one. However, unlike prev reviewer, I found no lack of paint in the eyes - but there IS a bit of yellow paint that's obviously dribbled around the back, and I found some scuff marks on the back, too. All in all, considering it only cost me about 5, it's not exactly TERRIBLE, but I admit that it could be better.

Megan Fox Print Scarf in cream
Megan Fox Print Scarf in cream
Offered by Yufashion
Price: 2.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft AND Intricate Design, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Megan Fox Print Scarf in cream
Got this for my coursemate for Christmas. It's soft to the touch - from the look of the photo I was expecting a chiffon feel, but it feels more like fine cotton. It also has much deeper colours and a lot more detail than the photograph shows, so, all in all I'm more than happy with this product :)

TypeandColor Exclusive Sony Xperia M C1904 C1905 Flower Floral Butterfly Silicone Case Gel Skin Cover (Rainbow Flower)
Offered by TypeandColor
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars So-So, 26 Nov 2013
Beautiful design, unfortunately not AS vibrant as shown in the picture but it would have been silly to assume otherwise anyway. The design 'in person' matches that in the picture, and actually looks more detailed than the photograph! My only major concern would be that I've had experience with this kind of phone cover before; the design will eventually chip and peel off after a few months (the longest I've had a design last for, after being very careful with it, was about 8 months)... So unless you really REALLY want this, or you're completely okay with the design on the cover only being temporary, then this might not be the right phone cover for you.

Doing a Successful Research Project: Using Qualitative or Quantitative Methods
Doing a Successful Research Project: Using Qualitative or Quantitative Methods
by Professor Martin Brett Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot recommend this enough!, 26 Nov 2013
This is a fantastic book, perfect for uni students, especially for undergraduates conducting research like myself. I had never heard of this book until I spotted it in the library, and after the 2-week loan was over I decided to order my own copy. It uses (student-friendly!) language instead of jargon, and gives fantastic advice for dissertation-writing including finding a methodology that would be right for you. However, it's not JUST limited to qualitative and quantitative methods as the title might imply; it's given me some very valuable insight into the right steps to take in my project as a whole, such as how to go about choosing your research question, how to conduct pilot surveys, and how to bind all your work together at the end. And for people who can't stand big heavy textbooks like me, you'll love just how compact this is, with only 273 pages, including the preface! I WHOLE-HEARTEDLY recommend this, it is THE most perfect little book for final year projects that I've ever seen!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2013 5:08 PM GMT

Leather Case Cover with USB Keyboard (QWERTY) for 7 inch Tablet PCs
Leather Case Cover with USB Keyboard (QWERTY) for 7 inch Tablet PCs
Offered by Time2 Direct
Price: 4.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for lectures, but is very flawed, 20 Nov 2013
Fantastic little USB keyboard for my 7" budget tablet! However, like the previous reviews have mentioned, you DO need an adapter cable if your tablet doesn't have an appropriate USB port, like mine, although my tablet luckily came with one. The biggest flaw is that the clip in the case does NOT hold the tablet very well at all; there's only one clip at the top, which 'squeezes' the tablet down towards the keyboard to hold it in place. I recommend that you don't carry the tablet in the case lengthways, as it WILL slip out; either put the case in a bag or carry the case like you would carry a plate. Other than that, though, it makes a very convenient item for my lectures at uni. Would recommend especially for students!

NEW! Gembird MIC-222 Compact Notebook Microphone
NEW! Gembird MIC-222 Compact Notebook Microphone
Offered by TK Logistics
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, 30 Mar 2013
I bought this when I started having problems with my built-in netbook microphone. It didn't come with any instructions, so I spent a good hour trying to look for ways to set it as my default microphone for skype, which is what I needed it for, and trawling numerous websites. Eventually I realised that it's a simple plug-and-go design; just plug it into your microphone jack and it just 'replaces' any microphone you might have built in :) it was a god-send, thank you so much for this product.

BestDealUK Keyboard Keypad Chat Pad Text Pad For Xbox 360 Controller
BestDealUK Keyboard Keypad Chat Pad Text Pad For Xbox 360 Controller

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Mar 2013
Bought this for my boyfriend for his birthday, as he was irritated by how long it took to manually type out messages on his xbox to his friends online. It's wonderful, good value for money, fits into his controller beautifully, and my boyfriend couldn't be happier. I am now saving up for one of my own!

Page: 1 | 2