Profile for a rose > Reviews

The Creative License: Giving Yourself Permission to be the Artist You Truly Are
The Creative License: Giving Yourself Permission to be the Artist You Truly Are
by Danny Gregory

5.0 out of 5 stars gets your creative juices flowing!, 25 Feb. 2009
This book has given me back that urge to get drawing, sewing, painting sketching etc etc. Basically it has given me back that enthusiasim that i knew i had, i just needed something (being this book) and someone (Danny Gregory) to kick me up the backside, give me some confidence in my self, and my own capabilities, to get me back on my creative track! What i like about this book is that you don't have to be perfect at drawing, in fact it urges you to get rid of all the reasons why you feel you can't draw and just let yourself go ahead and bloody well do it! The fact that this book itself is filled with his own illustrations from his journal is instantly inspiring. The text may however put people off, as it is all handwritten. I found it quite easy to follow however some others may not get along with it, but it definitely goes along with the journalistic theme that runs throughout the book. I havn't yet fully read all of it, but find myself keep going back and forth searching for new words of inspiration which it certainly does! Bought alondside Creating a Life Worth Living by Carol Lloyd.