Profile for Fred Davis > Reviews

Content by Fred Davis

Fred Davis "Fred S. Davis" (Columbia SC USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

5.0 out of 5 stars REVIEWS FROM AMAZON US POSTED BY THE AUTHOR, 14 May 2013
5.0 out of 5 stars This one hits the mark!, April 9, 2013 By
Anthony West - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Book of Undoing (Kindle Edition)
First of all, wonderful pointing in The Book of Undoing!!! Love it; going through it again. Reading it again is providing more clarity. I appreciate where you say "For the first time in your life, you have a choice." This is more practical than many of the pointers from some that say otherwise when it comes to choice. Making the clear distinction between Big Me/little me in your writing helped me see where much of the oscillation was occuring that I couldn't see before. I like the fact that "Brook" runs into many of the seeming roadblocks that I was experiencing myself and you addressed the issues with such simplicity. I no longer feel that there is something unobtainable "out there" that I need to acquire "in here." I also notice that what you've said here makes oscillation more obvious. I'm almost at a loss for words here, yet I'm not. Less is more and I feel you've hit the mark in this definitive book. This is the simplicity on the subject of Non-duality that I've been anticipating for quite some time now and here it is. Thank you once again, Fred. Bravo!

K. A. Popko (Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Book of Undoing: Direct Pointing to Nondual Awareness (Paperback)
I'll admit it, I bought this book as an "add-on" to my purchase of two other nonduality books in order to get the free shipping. And when it arrived today with my other books it was the first one I opened because of its short length. I thought, well, why not start with this one and be done with it since it's so short, and so I did. Not only did I start it but I finished it as well (not that that was so hard because it's only 107 pages, but oh my, what a power-packed 107 pages), and I have yet to open either of the other two books, and really don't feel I have any need to.

So, what did I find within the pages of this little gem? Simple writing and, more importantly, effective pointing to that which we are. One cannot help but discover the real nature of what we are through this imagined dialogue between Fred and "Brook" as he guides her gently and unmistakably to Being-ness itself. I think this is a rare thing in these days of growing interest in awakening as evidenced by the many books emerging for those who thirst for something more. So many of these books leave the reader lost in the words, but this one actually takes you beyond the words and shows you how to "find it", what the experience of "it" is, and what happens to "it" when imagination starts to dance again.

These are the same goals of many similar books, but this one actually succeeds in taking the reader there. It goes further than that as Fred elucidates how this already awakened and ever present awareness cannot be separate from anything else, that in fact, you are not only that awareness but "that which is". Why struggle with "what is" when you ARE that, and there is nothing other than that? Every manifestation is the mirror that reflects the reality of what you are. THERE IS NOTHING ELSE! This isn't just an idea that one takes on board, but a realization that is born of a direct visceral experience in the here and now. That's the value of this book, it is a practical handbook on waking up and nonduality.

When reading this book, read it as though you ARE Brook, and go through the process with her that Fred guides her through, because in a very real sense Brook IS you in your unexamined or confused state. And in the end you will discover that not only isn't Brook who she imagined herself to be neither are you. You will discover, as Brook did, that that which is pointed to can be easily seen/realized, and that "this" isn't some kind of confusing idea for the mind to latch onto in order to be awake, but is the very ordinary experience of every day awareness that is always here. The realization of this simple awareness/Being-ness brings with it implications that are far from ordinary.

Will I read those other two books? Of course; I love this stuff too much not to. There are some things out there to be savored because of how they are written and they become true friends, and those other books may prove themselves to be just that (and who doesn't enjoy the company of friends?). But this book is one that I have already developed a sort of reverence for because of its simplicity and effectiveness. Well done, Fred, and thank you for bringing this gift to us!

5.0 out of 5 stars Direct Pointing Sessions, May 3, 2013
By William C. Wright (N. Pomfret, VT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Book of Undoing (Kindle Edition)
For the exhausted spiritual seeker this book is dynamite. It literally blows your mind. Fred Davis takes you on an intense and exciting journey of discovery into the true nature of experience and Self. Using "direct pointers" he leads you from the "unit's" (the body-mind) limited view to the limitless view of experience. If you have any knots, kinks, or walls, any resistance to what is, this book, if you are open, intent, and sincere, will undo, unravel, any remaining doubts you may have as to who you are. I say: GO FOR IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book undid me, May 13, 2013
By Laurk - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Book of Undoing (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book on line, in the middle of the night when I woke up and could not get back to sleep. I found it completely by chance. By the next morning my consciousness had made a definite shift. I don't expect the world will ever look quite the same again. Don't think about a it...don't let yourself be distracted from this opportunity, just read this book now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Conveys Fred Davis' Work, April 20, 2013
By Wallace Chapman (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Book of Undoing (Kindle Edition)
Finished 'Beyond Recovery' and immediately dove into this one. I can't say enough about the energy and vividness that Mr. Davis brings to Inquiry. I would read anything he wrote.

5.0 out of 5 stars When the student's ready ..., April 3, 2013
By A Customer (Roswell, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Book of Undoing (Kindle Edition)
Fred has done it again. If you have read Fred's book Beyond Recovery: Nonduality and the Twelve Steps, you know how clearly he describes the ineffable. His latest book is no less amazing.

Having had a Direct Pointing session with Fred several weeks ago, I can speak to the efficacy of his non-dual teaching. The Book of Undoing is the perfect follow-up to a Direct Pointing session. If you're ready for the real deal, run -- don't walk -- to Fred's site.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clarity about clarity, April 4, 2013
By Tom Barron "my name is not me" (East Tennessee) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Book of Undoing (Kindle Edition)
Step by step, Fred takes apart delusion and confusion, leaving behind clear knowing. In this moment, anyway. No guarantees for tomorrow - present understanding is all that counts. 5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless!, May 8, 2013

Beyond Recovery: Nonduality and the Twelve Steps
Beyond Recovery: Nonduality and the Twelve Steps
by Fred Davis
Price: 10.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Reviews from the Field, 22 Dec 2012
"THIS IS A WONDERFUL BOOK. Fred Davis is steeped in the knowledge of non duality, and this text is marvelously written for those in or out of Twelve Step programs. Clear, intelligent, well written and lots of fun to read!"
~JAMES BRAHA, author, Living Reality: My Extraordinary Summer with 'Sailor' Bob Adamson

"BRAVO TO FRED FOR WRITING WITH SUCH CLARITY. I hope 12 steppers reading this review really get the delicious paradox of that and find themselves picking up this book. Addiction tends to keep us seeking, even if we are seeking recovery. Fred's book has the ability to really bring the timeless wisdom that freedom is in the here and now into the 12 step movement. Great book. I loved it."
~SCOTT KILOBY, author, Natural Rest for Addiction: A Revolutionary Way to Recover through Presence.

"IF THE TRUE MEASURE OF A BOOK is to be found in the perfume that remains behind when all the words have been forgotten then, for Beyond Recovery, it is this quality of honesty, openness and surrender which communicates itself in the words and between them, administering not just to the mind but to the background of Awareness."
~RUPERT SPIRA author, Presence: The Art of Peace and Happiness

"THIS BOOK BY FRED DAVIS extends the culture of [Twelve Step Recovery] and contributes to the current shift in Western civilization, which is one from attending to religion, philosophy, art, history, music, and science as pointers to our true nature, to true nature itself. In other words, it is a shift toward attending to attention, or to the one attending, rather than to the creative outcomes of that kind of attention."
~JERRY KATZ, editor, One: Essential Writings on Nonduality

I Am Boundlessness
I Am Boundlessness
by Ilie Cioara
Price: 7.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Without Center, Without Boundary, 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: I Am Boundlessness (Paperback)
I Am Boundlessness is a gift from one who has seen the truth to all of us who are trying to see it for themselves. Ilie tells us over and over that seeing this truth for ourselves is all that counts. He asks us to simply use his words to cross the gap and then to let them fall and melt away like snowflakes on warm ground. It's good advice. If you are looking for a bridge leading to the Gateless Gate, look no further. It is in your hand right now.

Ilie Cioara sings like an angel, ever calling us Home; his heart is on every page. Ilie's poetry actually guides us toward that Light. It is beautiful, lyrical, and deeply moving. Petrica Verdes is a gifted translator and an artist; he paints with the master's words and his canvas is spaciousness itself. Like Ilie, Petrica speaks from awakeness itself, and thus he's infinitely qualified to bring forth the true meaning behind Ilie's divine genius.

Fred Davis, Author, Beyond Recovery: Nonduality and the Twelve Steps

Full Stop!
Full Stop!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nonduality from A to Z, 12 Sep 2012
This review is from: Full Stop! (Kindle Edition)
John Wheeler brings us a new book from the depth and breadth of his long experience as a teacher; a book that is so so bright and sharp that reading it is like getting hit by a master sculptor's hammer and chisel over and over again. Like Michelangelo did with his statue of David, John reveals the treasure within by removing all the dull stone that we are not. In well over a hundred short mini-chapters John addresses everything from how to SEE what we already are are via consciously BEING what we already are (right here, he tells us, not elsewhere; right now, not elsewhen), to Nondual social action, the trap of returning to the mind after there has been some seeing, thoughts on the traditions...well, damn near everything!

While all but a few of these mini-chapters are from seeker-teacher Q & A, this is absolutely NOT another general satsang book. The organization and presentation here is stupendous. Here is a random smattering of some of the books great lines, but there are great lines on every page. John knows what he knows as well as it can be known, and thus his sharing is from both gut and heart, as played through a fine mind.

~"The dreamed figure's cognising activity is localised, but actual being or the awareness cognising the dream as a whole is not contained in the dreamed figure at all."

~"Foreground and background are only changing appearances on the ever-present ground."

~"I am not in some select group, nor are you or anyone else in some non-select group. Drop this needless conceptualising."

~"Non-dual traditions basically put across a couple of key points. There is a core or fundamental reality. Your nature and that are not different. Seeing otherwise is the root of all seeking, suffering and doubt. Clarifying one's true identity is the solution. All that appears to be is only appearance of that(reality). Therefore, all there is, is that.

~"When your real nature is clear, it is easy to see how these concepts keep looping and spinning like a butterfly lost in a hall of mirrors. These thoughts, concepts and beliefs have nothing to do with who you truly are. Make sure that the positive truth of your being is clear and beyond doubt. Everything else is a footnote to this basic issue."

~"Being is the reality. It is here and now. We seemingly look away from it due to some residual belief in and identification with the concepts. It is imperative to understand this `mechanism'. Just do that and it is game over. All troubles are based in concepts. In truth, the being, your innate nature, has never gone anywhere in all of this."

Recommended? Please. VERY. HIGHLY. Although you may buy it for the nightstand, you're quite likely to find that it begins to live on your person.

Nothing to Grasp
Nothing to Grasp
Price: 5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear as Midnight, Bright as Noon, 7 Sep 2012
This review is from: Nothing to Grasp (Kindle Edition)
What a fine, fine book! Joan's preface may very well be the best single page of writing on the subject of Nonduality that I have ever read. It's kind of like the opening to On Having No Head by Douglas Harding. If you can really grok that page, you no longer need to read the book!

That does not mean, however, that you wouldn't WANT to read the book. It's wonderful, so sharp and true and real. Most of the chapters are short, which makes it a great bedside table book, or for morning meditation. Joan's been leading people to awakening since the mid-nineties. She is wise and extremely literate. She can help you get there--meaning Here/Now--or she can help you deepen your ongoing conscious experience of it. Or, one can sit back and relish a fine expression of clarity by a talented wordsmith and devoted teacher.

The initial discovery of our True Nature really is uncannily simple. I can't think of a better book to recommend to the person who's ready for the move from the dream of complexity to the truth of simplicity. It shoots to the top of my list for the apparently-not-yet-awakened crowd.

Congratulations, Joan-ness. (Not that you had anything to do with it!)

Advaita Made Easy
Advaita Made Easy
by Dennis Waite
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent primer!, 5 July 2012
This review is from: Advaita Made Easy (Paperback)
I've just spent the last two evenings reading Dennis Waite's newest offering, Advaita Made Easy. I knew this book was coming and wondered if Dennis could really pull this off. He did! If you think you're interested in Advaita Vedanta, this is absolutely, positively the first book to read.

Fortunately, Advaita is quite flexible, and able to meet the reader wherever they come in, so there's no reason to be intimidated. Secondly, Dennis is a clear writer with a wonderful grasp of his subject matter. He's well qualified to lead you by the hand for a long, long way in your Advaita studies, but happily he doesn't clobber you here with a lot of specialized jargon or over-lofty concepts.

To tell you the truth, while it's certainly a beginner's primer, I found myself enjoying Dennis' clear enumeration and expounding of the basics. I'm happy to have it on hand to flip to if I have a question. It'll also be a great "read this" if someone is leaning the Advaita way. This is not a substitute for either Dennis' "The Book of One" or his groundbreaking "Back to the Truth: 5,000 Years of Advaita," but it's a great set-up for both of those.

Let me clear by saying up front that I'm not an authority on Advaita Vedanta. I'm actually one of the independent guys Dennis would tell you to be suspicious of, though he might flip me a wink when he did it. This is a good book; I recommend it highly. Oh, Google up Dennis' website while you're at it. It's easily the premier Western Advaita site. Have a good journey, my friend, wherever it appears to take you.

The Wondrous Journey: Into the Depth of Our Being
The Wondrous Journey: Into the Depth of Our Being
by Ilie Cioara
Price: 7.75

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wondrous Poet, 5 April 2012
Ilie Cioara was a quiet blessing who came and went almost without notice. His impact, however, is just beginning to be felt, and will be long remembered. First in Silence of the Mind and now with The Wondrous Journey, translator and editor Petrica Verdes brings us Ilie's mystic vision, which remains as deep and clear as space itself. The poems here are written from a place of spiritual maturity; the words are those of a master seer in his prime. It's beautiful work, poem after poem, crisp and piercing.

The prose commentary that follows each poem is both illuminating and penetrating. These are less the words of distant and lofty spiritual master on some far-flung plane than they are the whispered observations and suggestions of a Friend. One can only impatiently look forward to the coming volumes.

The "Psychological Void" between Words and Thoughts

Ilie Ciora

In the pause between two spoken words,
Created by reason,
Lies the "emptiness",
A direct encounter.

When words are rare
You encounter this gap;
Connected words
Create the thought process.

The "psychological void" between thoughts

Defined by Light.

In "emptiness," the Sacred affirms itself,
the "ego" is shattered;
In this moment
A new man appears - a creative being.

In humble simplicity,
Through "emptiness" we become Eternity;
A natural fulfillment,
Uniting us with the Whole.

The Direct Path: A User Guide
The Direct Path: A User Guide
by Greg Goode
Price: 11.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Wisdom, Right on Time, 11 Mar 2012
JUST AS A DIAMOND is carefully cut and faceted to bring out the full luster and beauty of the gem, so I hope to do here with this review. For let us make no mistake about it, this book is a rare gem, and I suspect that it's just like an heirloom engagement ring: its light gathering powers will far outlast its owner, or in this case, its apparent creator.

THE DIRECT PATH: A USER'S GUIDE, Greg tells us, could be thought of as "the missing manual" for his other book, Standing as Awareness. We could think of these books as two pillars framing the gate to freedom that is the Direct Path. If you do your part, I assure you these teachings can and will do theirs.

SRI ATMANANDA KRISHNA MENON, the founder of the Direct Path, has told us very clearly: "Time is the generic form of thoughts; space is the generic form of objects." The sooner we come to truly understanding what he's saying there, be it through a passing glimpse, or abiding within it, the happier and freer we'll be. Awakening is by no means a personal event, but don't let that fool you into thinking the hosting body-mind doesn't benefit; it certainly does. Suffering is reduced in all who ever see their true nature, even if that seeing is apparently brief. Suffering is completely eliminated, I hear tell, in a smaller number of others. PERSONAL suffering, I can reliably state, will begin to fade as we close the gap between "what we see and what we be."

"THAT'S GREAT!" YOU MAY SAY. "But just how do I get there?" That's precisely what this book addresses. However, it's not so much moving the "I" over there, so to speak, as it is getting the "I" out of here! That, I would say, is the Direct Path's specialty, but some instruction and experimentation is in order. Buddha's holding up a single flower in what's known as his "Flower Sermon" may have been enough to free Mahakasyapa and kick off the field of Zen, but the rest of us are going to require a bit more detail! The Direct Path: A User Guide provides a great deal of detail, both instructional and experimental.

ALL OF US HAVE HEARD from time to time that "there's nothing to do and no one to do it." Seen from the absolute viewpoint--in other words, when we are standing as awareness--this is unequivocally true. And seen from the standpoint of a teaching strategy, it can be quite helpful for some people. It helped Greg. Yet let's be clear that no teaching, whether it's Greg Goode's, or anyone else's is either actually true, or fit for all ears. All teachings point, and they point to those who have ears for that teaching at that time. They can't even know who that is! Most teachers necessarily have to teach to groups for the simple sake of productivity. That's why I started this blog rather than talk one-on-one in my home. So, right from the get-go there is a devil's trade-off of efficacy for efficiency.

IF "NOTHING TO DO and no one to do it" works for you, that's great. I'm no detractor of anything that works. Yet if we look at the numbers, the nothing-to-do teaching, while being fundamentally true and occasionally effective, simply doesn't work very often. Of course the only question that matters here is, "Has it worked for you?" In my experience, the no-one-to-do-it revelation is most often something that's seen in reflection, in hindsight; it is something that is seen from the post-awaking position, and then misapplied to the pre-awakening position. And it just doesn't fly. I've talked over and over again about the hazards of trying to transfer insights from one apparent state to the other. It might be good to note that even reading this review is in itself a subtle sadhana. It's my sense, and my experience, that "doing nothing" is most often a decision by ego to simply go unconscious. It was for me, and that was within the apparent post-awakening state. It took heavy depression, and Adyashanti's The End of Your World to bring me back into clarity.

I'VE SAID ALL THAT to say this: the great majority of what is said or written about in Nonduality today is either theory-in-conversation (satsang), or pointers-for-practice (instruction on conventional inquiry or meditation). It is the nature of the human beast that it is able to overcome all of this initially great material once we have been exposed to it often enough. I saw the very same thing happen in recovery circles when I was getting sober. I'm not saying these teachings are wrong; they're most certainly not. I am saying that in a world that is overloaded with Nondual information, these tried and true methods are these days quite frequently not enough.

HOW DO WE KNOW THAT? It's obvious to all that a whole lot more people take up this path than successfully 'complete' it. The yardstick must always be awakening, and we are not yet being swarmed by folks who are either abiding, or reasonably stabilized in Nondual awareness. Part of the reason is that we don't necessarily become more awake the longer we stay on this path. To the contrary, we may well go deeper and deeper asleep within an attractive lifestyle choice, while all the while harboring the sure feeling of progressively "getting it". This new book of Greg's is a wonderful exception to all of this. In fact, let me just go ahead and say it:

THE DIRECT PATH: A USER'S GUIDE is for all those people who want to wake up badly enough that they're actually willing to do something about it themselves. Teachers are great, and they'll get you to the riverside, but if you don't jump in yourself you'll never actually get wet.

THE BOOK HAS 40 experiments in it to help you move down the path regardless of where you're starting from. Call them koans; call A User Guide itself a whole book of contemporary koans, not totally dissimilar to the Blue Cliff Record, or the Mumonkan. This is deep inquiry offered up for practice in easy, bite-size bits you can nibble at your own speed. Start at the beginning or start where it interests you and go from there. Approach them openly, do the work, and just like koans, allow the questions themselves to crack your shell. You can't do it. The experiments can, and you can do the experiments.

THE WHOLE THRUST of A User Guide is to get you to take action. When a thing is seen experientially, and not just theoretically, it affects the mind in a different way, and the myth of separation will begin to fade of its own accord, whether slowly or radically. You really cannot directly challenge your mind's view of I-you-world and expect change. The mind cannot transcend the mind. But you can use the mind as a tool to transcend the mind. That's exactly what this book does. It's hands-on, it's practical, and most importantly, it works!

FINALLY, let me mention that this would be a GREAT book for group study.

Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2012 2:21 PM BST

Goner: The Final Travels of Ug Krishnamurti
Goner: The Final Travels of Ug Krishnamurti
by Louis Brawley
Price: 11.72

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hunter S. Thompson of Gurus, 28 Feb 2012
First things first: this book is absolutely beautifully written. Louis Brawley, who has always wanted to be an artist,has found his medium: ink and paper. Mr. Brawley sees and feels as a poet sees and feels and he takes us with him. There are descriptions here of people and events, spiritual insights and mental movements that are so good we would expect to find them only in the best written novels by our very finest writers. Brawley has found his subject, too: a larger than life U.G. Krishnamurti,who can only be described as stark, raving sane.

Another apt title might have been No Fear and Much Loathing All Around the World. Brawley spent five years with UG and a weird, wonderful, rather madcap group touring from India to California to Switzerland and Italy, always on the move; flying, driving, and always, always talking. Well, there's a lot of hollering here, too, but there's damn little silence. UG has a lot to say, he's not shy about saying it, and all of "those bastards" better know it. I got to where I would laugh every time I saw "those bastards" appear.

If you are a fan of the other, more famous, far more pastoral Jiddu Krishnamurti,approach this book with caution. I'd advise you to come absolutely as open minded as you can stretch. UG, and Brawley too, assail JK, as they refer to him, with scorn and venom. I'm never quite clear why. Brawley sounds victimized and UG sounds enraged, but then, curiously, as we come to the later pages, there are hints of gratitude and devotion as well, from both author and subject. If that sounds like some kind of complex paradoxical combination, you are dead on it. If there ever was a spiritual puzzle, UG is it. He carried his own gravitational field, and nothing works quite the same once it has entered that field. It extends into this book.

I got an interesting tip from someone I respect about all this anti-JK stuff. My friend said, "I wonder if UG, by being so scathing of all supports and gurus, was actually trying to free people from dependency, and, indeed, continuing the work of JK? Louis said that UG often saved his most scathing comments for those that he actually honored. Confusing but possibly true." I liked this story so much that I didn't care if it was true or not. I adopted it and it allowed me to drop my own proper defenses and lay myself bare to the red hot sabre of sanity wielded by this strange little man, who was easily Twentieth Century spirituality's best-kept open secret,and strangest enigma. UG wasn't well known, because other than very early on, he didn't speak to large gatherings. He spoke to whoever showed up in front of him, on his turf. I love that! I should say that he often whacked his guests on the on the head, cursed them, and hit them up for large sums of cash as well. He needed all that cash, because as hot as he was to get it, he was feverish about giving it away. He once gave a faithful adherent $70,000 in cash because UG could see that he needed it. P-a-r-a-d-o-x.

I came to this book knowing very little about UG. In a sense, I left it the same way. Did anyone ever really know UG Krishnamurti? I don't think so. I came to love him, I'll tell you that, giant warts and all. It became unnecessary for UG to explain himself to me. He was a force of nature and a storm doesn't explain itself, it just blows! As I came to the end of this book, which is almost 400 pages, I simply did not want it to end. I milked it for days. I knew UG was going to die, but I don't want him to die; I wanted him to live on and on. And so he does. UG is alive and well and ranting in the pages of Goner (which is what UG called people who flocked around him). Louis Brawley has done UG proud. It's a great read about a great heart. I could not recommend it more highly.

No You and No Me
No You and No Me
by Rick Linchitz
Price: 8.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight from the Heart, 11 Feb 2012
This review is from: No You and No Me (Paperback)
I like this book and I like this man.

ACT I
Rick was an rich, athletic, in-charge physician, and while that may seem like a terrific story and an enviable situation, it is not generally what we'd color in as the optimum background for Self-realization. Who'd want to give up such a great story in exchange for no story at all? Not many, our friend Rick included.

Enter a Long Dark Night of the Soul. After being diagnosed with cancer Rick's medical practice suffers dramatically. Goodbye health, wealth, and central identity. Time for a restructuring holiday, don't you think?

Rick goes to Costa Rica and stays at a resort that just "happens" to be owned and operated by author and spiritual teacher Satyam Nadeen. Don't you love how God works a plot? There our whipped physician hears, not for the first time--but for the last time as the Rick character--"Consciousness is all there is and you are that." Ice shatters, it is seen the river has always been flowing beneath it, and a new life is begun.

ACT II
"Dr. Rick" now talks about those experiences (somewhat irregularly) and their aftermath with tremendous candor and humor. This book is a compilation of some of those satsang teachings, and I'm happy to tell you they are fresh and alive. It's like your friendly neighbor "got enlightened" and is willing to discuss it over tea. The questions are typical, but the answers or not. I love the section titled Teachers, Teachings and Students: that alone is worth the price of admission.

ACT III
Take this book to bed, make a new friend, and don't call me in the morning. I won't be here and neither will you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4