Profile for Jukeboxjohnnie > Reviews

Movie 43 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Jackman
Offered by wantitcheaper

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good all round, 3 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Movie 43 [DVD] (DVD)
I really liked this, I found the humour really funny and I don't usually like US comedy. I think the test is if you liked the Jackass films this will appeal, if not then don't bother. Only the ongoing plot thread was weak I enjoyed all the sketches and great seeing celebrities in the roles.

Madhouse [DVD]
Madhouse [DVD]
Dvd ~ Vincent Price

3.0 out of 5 stars Please tell me what happened?, 5 July 2013
This review is from: Madhouse [DVD] (DVD)
So I didn't waste my money, can someone just tell me what happened at the end? the police and studio audience vanished and I couldn't work out who was dead or alive? Any answer appreciated. Reasonable 70s piece despite my lack of comprehension
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2014 7:57 AM GMT

Pentax K-01 Compact System Camera with 40mm Pancake Lens - Black
Pentax K-01 Compact System Camera with 40mm Pancake Lens - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Another quirky pentax, lovely but flawed, 29 May 2013
I love Pentaxes, the quirks the designs, got this and the Q knowing I would still use Nikons/Fujifilm for anything serious. It looks fantastic, designed by an Australian ive never heard of, results seem good for 16mp. Great for using any Pentax M derived lens. But the problems.... 1. The rubber flap over the SD card socket is unforgivable, it wont lie flat without a great deal of effort and will break at the two thin hinges if used regularly. 2. There is a really alarming clunk when you turn camera from left to right when off, I know its probably the sensor stabilisation system but I really don't like it. 3. Pentax lied about the AC power chord accessory, its in the instruction manual but then they decided not to make it, just great! 4. It really doesnt handle well, I'm all for brick shaped cameras but it really isn't quite right in the hand. So I give it three stars as a user proposition, however if you just want to display it with all your others and fiddle with it occasionally it goes up to 5 stars. Pentax have just discontinued it after only a year so a potential collectable, best got 'manufacturer refurbished' a bargain price if you look around. lets hope the Ricoh takeover doesn't screw up Pentax bringing unique cameras to the market

Mer MM1L 1L Ultimate Polish
Mer MM1L 1L Ultimate Polish
Offered by Rhino Car & Van

1.0 out of 5 stars the worst car polish on the market. period., 26 May 2013
I can't believe the other reviews on this product, a friend said they used it so I was unfortunate enough to buy a 1 litre bottle and I *profanity* hate it. Very difficult to polish on, even more difficult to polish off especially if you have average health then it looks *profanity* awful. Streaks, dull shine and dust everywhere. I've never despised a car product like this one, I am having to chuck the rest of it, I wouldn't use this on my work vehicle never mind one I care about. A world away from AutoGlym or Turtle wax, even Halfords own brand would do a better job. This product is a *profanity* disgrace and am staggered anyone would buy more than once!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2014 12:06 PM GMT

Nikon D800 Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
Nikon D800 Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best DSLR on the planet, 13 Jan. 2013
This has been a total joy to own. Its simply the very best you can buy. Detractors are usually people who cant afford it or sour faced Canon owners who have second best. You DO need 36mp, what depressed me about the D200 is taking a full length portait and zooming in on the head afterwards to find lack of detail in areas, now I know every eyelash is there crisp and well defined. Also you can print from part of the picture and know you have enough pixels. I dont know why you would buy a D600, the price difference is not that great now and google D600 dust issues there have been problems Nikon hasnt come clean over, no such problems with the D800. Only wish I'd ignored the reviews and gone for the D800E, theres always that thought that it would be even better. The only minus about this camera is it could feel better in the hand, the grip is too 'boney' my D200 actually feels nicer to hold. Go and get one if you can you will have the best. ONE WARNING this camera requires top technique to get the results, that means tripod where possible, higher shutter speeds than you usually would, the best lenses, understanding depth of field. If youre just going to wave it around like a compact you wont get the very best results the 36mp show up the slightest fault in your technique. Nikon even released a booklet in the US about strict technique with the D800 to prevent owners returning them for less than perfect images due to user failings.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2013 2:09 PM GMT

Pearl & Dean Presents The Nation's Favourite Movie Themes (6CD)
Pearl & Dean Presents The Nation's Favourite Movie Themes (6CD)
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT ORIGINAL ARTISTS!!!, 25 Dec. 2012
Looks great at first glance, but listen to the samples, some are close but many are nowhere near, the first pearl and dean theme is way, way off, so should be a warning. This will only be any good for the easily pleased, if you cared about the music when you saw the films you will be disappointed by this.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2013 10:10 PM BST

Victorinox 06385 Army Knife, Mini Champ Red
Victorinox 06385 Army Knife, Mini Champ Red

5.0 out of 5 stars core is indestructable!, 20 Dec. 2012
This is great, I actually bought three of these but years on the first one still works. What happens is after long heavy pocket use, the red sides fall off so you lose the pen and the tweezers, but what remains could last the rest of time. Worst experience was security on the london eye accusing me of planning a wild stabbing spree on a pod with one of these even though the blade is minute. The tiny blade length is is totally within UK law for carrying dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Great for opening packets, tops off bottles etc.. I use it constantly. Accidently carried it through airport machines its so small so please remember to leave it at home before you go! So useful

Skyfall [DVD]
Skyfall [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig

2.0 out of 5 stars big disappointment, not a real Bond film at all, 29 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Skyfall [DVD] (DVD)
A real disappointment, the feel of the whole thing is completely wrong. If you removed the names Bond and M you wouldnt even know it was a bond film, just another run of the mill pedictable thriller.
The idea that computers can destroy anything at the press of a button is stupid, unbelievable and lazy writing.The new Q character is also unbelievable. The acting was all fine, its the story and direction which is lamentable. Its not even anywhere in the same league as Casino royale. Is it me or did this one have the least attractive bond girls ever?
Why on earth do people say this film has the best baddie ever? I was bored by his ramblings, didnt see him as menacing and again this lazy idea he can destroy the world with a few keystrokes.
Its not beyond redemption, the casino scene is superb and some of the country house scenes good but nothing to touch say the opening scenes of Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace.
This director should stick to turning out Batman films his style is wrong for Bond and he's managed a stinker for the 50th anniversary. I wouldnt watch it twice and the friend I was with felt the same before I'd said anything.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2012 3:44 PM GMT

Death Proof [DVD]
Death Proof [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kurt Russell
Offered by streetsahead

2.0 out of 5 stars Help! I can't go on watching this...., 4 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Death Proof [DVD] (DVD)
A totally lost opportunity, the action (when it comes) is all fine, the retro style of filming is well done but its all ruined by the endless, tedious, indulgent, tripe dialogue which seems to go on and on between the unpleasant female characters. Thats when you can understand what they are saying. By the time theyre in danger you dont care about them and sort of feel relieved theyre eliminated from the film. Only to be replaced with even more annoying female characters. Planet Terror is the better of the two. Its as dull as Jackie Brown.

Star Trek Phaser Replica
Star Trek Phaser Replica
Offered by filmwelt-shop

4.0 out of 5 stars So nearly perfect, 28 May 2012
This review is from: Star Trek Phaser Replica (Toy)
Got this Quantum Star Trek Phaser, its an excellent example of the sort of quality we can enjoy from adult sci fi toys these days, its coated with different finishes of metal and has a stunning quality feel HOWEVER mine has drip marks on one side of the handle and researching on the net this is very common with this model so I didnt send it back I would probably end up with another the same. That said you really do feel you could be holding the 'real thing'!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6