Profile for 666albertastarr > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
What We Do in the Shadows
What We Do in the Shadows

5.0 out of 5 stars A must see for fans of vampire stories, 1 Sept. 2015
This review is from: What We Do in the Shadows (DVD)
Absolutely hilarious, sweet, funny, ever so clever Moc doc about vampire friends who share an old house. Their somewhat easy lifestyle is disrupted by a new young vampire who breaks vampire rules and even brings a human into the house to meet his friends. There is a pack of werewolves in the town who run a sort of support group for each other because they don't want to tear up people. The movie is great AND I loved watching all the extras including "interviews" with the characters. I truly howled laughing.

Baleaf Women's 3D Padded Cool Max Bicycle Underwear Shorts - Star, Medium
Baleaf Women's 3D Padded Cool Max Bicycle Underwear Shorts - Star, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT pading to wear under shorts, pants, running clothes, cycling shorts etc, 26 Aug. 2015
SO glad that I got these padded underpants! I thought they were a bit thick but instead I found that they kept me comfortable on long rides everyday. They wash and dry quickly. The padding is placed so that you are protected but the padding does not show even through lycra pants. They do run a bit small so the medium that I got like a between small and medium.

Map of Europe
Map of Europe
by Schofield & Sims Ltd
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars I am so happy to have ordered this map, 26 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Map of Europe (Map)
I am so happy to have ordered this map! It is now pinned to the wall so that I can study locations, boundaries, cities, sizes of countries etc. It will help me plan trips throughout Europe. Just the right size too for putting on a wall.

Couching at the Door (Wordsworth Mystery & Supernatural) (Tales of Mystery & the Supernatural)
by D.K. Broster

5.0 out of 5 stars Great summer read, 9 Aug. 2015
This is a wonderful collection of creepy stories by D.K. Broster. I raced through each story. Chilling and fun. Such a different style from her marvelous book The Flight of the Heron. I received the perfect copy within days from the seller and at such a low price.

4 Months, 3 weeks And 2 Days
4 Months, 3 weeks And 2 Days
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars This is not an easy film for it is about such a serious subject ..., 9 Aug. 2015
This review is from: 4 Months, 3 weeks And 2 Days (DVD)
It was marvelous to be able to watch a movie from Romania. This is a very quiet, compelling and brave movie. It subtly lays out the story of a young woman who will do almost anything to help her friend get an abortion. Abortions were illegal and she and her friend and the back street abortionist could have gone to prison. Birth control was not an option. Much is revealed about life in Romania at the time of the story. This is not an easy film for it is about such a serious subject but it is very well done and one I highly recommend. Watching it reminded me of when abortion was illegal in the US and women often resorted to the scary and dangerous option of terminating a pregnancy using a back street abortionist. My fear is that certain presidential candidates and fundamentalist attitudes in US will make abortion illegal again in the US. I look forward to the chance of seeing other movies - dramas as well as comedies - from Romania.

FujiFilm 2GB SD Memory Card for Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
FujiFilm 2GB SD Memory Card for Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
Offered by Glaxio

5.0 out of 5 stars I would order this again, 1 Aug. 2015
I wanted a new memory card to take on a recent trip so I ordered this one and am very pleased. The photos turned out sharp and clear and I still have lots of memory left for more photos. Good memory card at a good price and it arrived in a couple of days.

Venus in Fur
Venus in Fur
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars One to recommend to friends, 2 July 2015
This review is from: Venus in Fur (DVD)
Clever, interesting, surprisingly good. Excellent acting by Emmanuelle Seigner (Polanski's wife) and Amalric. Story is told in real time. Two actors, one set and yet really fascinating to watch. The actors, who have worked together before, show real chemistry and bold performances from both of them. Emmanuelle's ability to flip from seductive and somewhat trashy to well bred and at times elegant is truly marvelous. The dance number is fabulous revealing goddesses throughout history and cultures. Thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

Desert Places
Desert Places
by Robyn Davidson

5.0 out of 5 stars I love stories by and about strong women, 12 May 2015
This review is from: Desert Places (Paperback)
This is an amazing story. I wanted to read this after seeing the movie Tracks which is based on the true life story of Robyn Davidson's 1700 mile trek across Australia. She wrote this true story after traveling with nomads and herders in India. Well written and inspiring.

OXO Good Grips Soft Handled Can Opener
OXO Good Grips Soft Handled Can Opener

5.0 out of 5 stars another good OXO product, 12 May 2015
I am always pleased with OXO products. Well made, not any more expensive than cheap versions.

Philips HR2020/50 Silver Jug Blender, 1.75 Litre - 400 Watt
Philips HR2020/50 Silver Jug Blender, 1.75 Litre - 400 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Good blender AND very good price, 12 May 2015
I am very pleased with this blender and use it all the time for blending soups. I like that the jug fits upside down on the base so it stores easily.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8