Profile for 666albertastarr > Reviews

Content by 666albertastarr

666albertastarr

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying: A simple, effective way to banish clutter forever
by Marie Kondo

5.0 out of 5 stars I am inspired after hearing about and reading this book., 5 Mar. 2015
This is my inspiration to actually go through my overly full drawers, cabinets and closets. Every thing that I get rid of takes me one step closer to being free of rubble and mess.

Strengthsfinder 2.0: A New and Upgraded Edition of the Online Test from Gallup's Now Discover Your Strengths
by Tom Rath

5.0 out of 5 stars A great tool, 5 Mar. 2015
I have taken the test and went on to buy a copy for my friends in the US and a friend here in UK. Very interesting to read the results.

BLOCH "ARISE" S0209 Black or white leather ballet shoes. (UK 4.5, BLACK)
BLOCH "ARISE" S0209 Black or white leather ballet shoes. (UK 4.5, BLACK)
Offered by Dancewear of Edinburgh

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Pilates, 5 Mar. 2015
These have worked really well for Pilates class and I liked that the elastic is already sewn onto the slippers

Three Early Stories (Illustrated)
Three Early Stories (Illustrated)
by J.D. Salinger

5.0 out of 5 stars early Salinger, stories before the Glass Family, 5 Mar. 2015
The seller was great - I was pleased to find these early Salinger stories - ones that had not been published in The New Yorker where he published his 4 books. The price was good and the book arrived within days. The stories are somewhat interesting but definitely not the polished exquisite writing that he developed years later. I was glad to read them to get glimpses of the brilliance of his later writing.

Zeller 17151 Rolling Clothes Rack 2 Piece / 83 x 43 x 93.5-170
Zeller 17151 Rolling Clothes Rack 2 Piece / 83 x 43 x 93.5-170

5.0 out of 5 stars Extra closet space on a portable rack, 5 Mar. 2015
We have very little closet space in our house so I got one of these racks for storing clothes and it worked great. Recently I bought a second one (same seller/same style) to help me edit clothing. I like that they are easy to assemble, no tools required, light enough to carry upstairs and sturdy enough to support the weight of clothing. I am obviously pleased with the racks.

Born to Run: The Hidden Tribe, the Ultra-Runners, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen
by Christopher McDougall

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to recommend to friends, 30 April 2014
I picked up this book at a friend's house and it was so interesting I wanted to get my own copy. It is an incredible story of running, Tarahumara in Copper Canyon, ultra marathoners, philosophy, diet, shoes, life in general. Since then I have bought 2 more copies to send to friends. I highly recommend this book.

The Wayfinders: Why Ancient Wisdom Matters in the Modern World (CBC Massey Lectures)
by Wade Davis

4.0 out of 5 stars so glad to have read this book, 3 Mar. 2014
I first heard about this from a book group and right away knew that I would want to read it and wanted my husband to read it too. This is a very important book - powerful and easy to read.

Blue Jasmine [DVD] [2013]
Blue Jasmine [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Cate Blanchett

5.0 out of 5 stars an absolutely perfect movie, 3 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Blue Jasmine [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I saw this movie in the US and thought it was stunning. Every detail of the movie - directing, acting, casting, costumes, props etc - is so well thought out. Every actor nailed her/his role. I don't usually care for Woody Allen movies but this is one of the best movies I have seen in years so I bought a copy to share with friends.

Birdsong (Vintage War)
Birdsong (Vintage War)
by Sebastian Faulks

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best depictions of war, 3 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Birdsong (Vintage War) (Paperback)
I don't usually read about war nor watch movies about war but this is a classic and perhaps Sebastian Faulk's most marvelous works. I highly recommend this stunning story.

Ladies Famous DUNLOP SARAH faux suede mule slippers with faux fur lining & cuff Chocolate size 4 UK
Offered by Trueboy Clothing Company Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars what could be more comfortable than a great pair of slippers?!, 3 Mar. 2014
These are great - slip on and off - to wear around the house. I got a pair in the perfect shade of chocolate brown and plan to order another pair for my mother in law. I would definitely order these again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6