Profile for 666albertastarr > Reviews

Content by 666albertastarr

666albertastarr

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Born to Run: The Hidden Tribe, the Ultra-Runners, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen
by Christopher McDougall
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to recommend to friends, 30 April 2014
I picked up this book at a friend's house and it was so interesting I wanted to get my own copy. It is an incredible story of running, Tarahumara in Copper Canyon, ultra marathoners, philosophy, diet, shoes, life in general. Since then I have bought 2 more copies to send to friends. I highly recommend this book.

The Wayfinders: Why Ancient Wisdom Matters in the Modern World (CBC Massey Lectures)
by Wade Davis
Price: 9.48

4.0 out of 5 stars so glad to have read this book, 3 Mar 2014
I first heard about this from a book group and right away knew that I would want to read it and wanted my husband to read it too. This is a very important book - powerful and easy to read.

Blue Jasmine [DVD] [2013]
Blue Jasmine [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Cate Blanchett
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars an absolutely perfect movie, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Blue Jasmine [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I saw this movie in the US and thought it was stunning. Every detail of the movie - directing, acting, casting, costumes, props etc - is so well thought out. Every actor nailed her/his role. I don't usually care for Woody Allen movies but this is one of the best movies I have seen in years so I bought a copy to share with friends.

Birdsong (Vintage War)
Birdsong (Vintage War)
by Sebastian Faulks
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best depictions of war, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Birdsong (Vintage War) (Paperback)
I don't usually read about war nor watch movies about war but this is a classic and perhaps Sebastian Faulk's most marvelous works. I highly recommend this stunning story.

Ladies Famous DUNLOP SARAH faux suede mule slippers with faux fur lining & cuff Chocolate size 4 UK
Offered by The Slippers Shop
Price: 12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars what could be more comfortable than a great pair of slippers?!, 3 Mar 2014
These are great - slip on and off - to wear around the house. I got a pair in the perfect shade of chocolate brown and plan to order another pair for my mother in law. I would definitely order these again.

JML EXPRESSIONS FAST FIT IRONING BOARD COVER (PAW PRINT)
JML EXPRESSIONS FAST FIT IRONING BOARD COVER (PAW PRINT)
Offered by CostMad-UK
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, 3 Mar 2014
I should have ordered one of these years ago to replace my worn out ironing board cover. This one is padded and easy to use and easy to clean.

Rustins WHISW250 250ml Satin - White
Rustins WHISW250 250ml Satin - White
Price: 4.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably good paint but not for my purposes, 3 Mar 2014
I have gotten great results from other Rustins paint but I was using this on a sheep skull and it was too crunchy bright white and it did not adhere all that well. The Rustins matte and also the Rustins shiny black paint for metal and wood works perfectly on skulls but only comes in black and I wanted to use a white. So, I would probably use this paint for things like repainting a freezer but would not use on skulls.

Breakfast at Tiffany's
Breakfast at Tiffany's
by Truman Capote
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Really interesting, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: Breakfast at Tiffany's (Paperback)
Of course we all love the movie Breakfast At Tiffany's but it was fascinating to read the story since the character in the book is much more hard core than the sweet pure Holly Golightly of the movie. This copy also has 3 short stories.

Corvus: A Life with Birds
Corvus: A Life with Birds
by Esther Woolfson
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read, 14 Jan 2014
This is a book that enhances and changes your life. I have also bought it for best friends so that they can delight in this lovely true story.

What to Look for in Winter
What to Look for in Winter
by Candia McWilliam
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best books, 14 Jan 2014
The book group where I first learned of this work agreed that this is a must read. We were fortunate also to hear, see and meet the author at the Colonsay Book Festival.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6