Profile for Tabitha > Reviews

Yesterday Was Tuesday' T-Shirt Inspired By Supernatural
Yesterday Was Tuesday' T-Shirt Inspired By Supernatural
Offered by Mad Hatters Tee Party

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvelous!, 9 Sep 2014
Exactly what I wanted! Great fit. Great transfer, good quality. Will definitely be purchasing from this particular seller again.

Unforgotten (Jessica Brody Trilogy)
Unforgotten (Jessica Brody Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the prequel!, 26 May 2014
I enjoyed Unremembered to a whole extent, I enjoyed the story, it was enticing, and I would rate that 5 stars as well....however, that being said. The sequel is literally 10000 times better in my opinion. I read it in the space of two days simply because the story was so captivating all the time that it was hard to tear myself away. The new characters are likable, the use of themes and descriptions were on point. Definitely one of the best books I have read this year. How I'm going to wait until February for the next one I'll never know.

The Night Circus
The Night Circus
by Erin Morgenstern

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost in a world of the circus, 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Night Circus (Paperback)
I'd like to say that this book was boring. But with every fibre in my body, I just can't. When I bought this book, I didn't quite know what to expect. I liked the anticipation.

I can't really sum up into words how I feel about this book. And I can't really tell you what happened, because not a whole lot did happen.

And at first, I thought this was a bad thing. I wanted to stop reading even if something were not going to happen soon.

And then I thought, approximately half way through this book. I now know what I'm getting from this book. I'm lost in a world of dreams and magic that I just didn't think was possible. I've never experienced anything quite like it. I felt like I was in the circus, like I was part of it, and now that it's over I just can't bring myself to accept that my journey is over until I decide to pick it up and read it again.

It's a funny thing, to entice someone through words, to drag them in. Morgernstern does a terrific job at that.

I've never experienced a book like this until now, and I'm glad. It makes this book so much more special. And knowing that the circus will always be infinite so long as I have this book, is incredible.

My advice to you, when reading this book, and I wish I'd have been told this myself, to those who have a hard time getting into books, like myself, come at this book with an open mind. When you begin to read it, don't focus on the words, if you stumble over a sentence and get confused, move on, don't dwell on it. The key to this book is in the imagery, not the words precisely. There will be times when you get confused, don't understand things, but good books do confuse you. Move on from it, and by the end I'm sure you will understand the full story regardless of how many sentences you screwed up a bit.

A lot of people found this book confusing, and that's okay, we're all bound to find parts confusing, and different people will find different things hard to grasp and vice versa, it's all about what YOU grasp, not what other people grasp.

This book is what I like to think of, a different experience for everyone. No one will read the same book, this is YOUR book, and your circus to make your own interpretations from. Forget how other people picture their circus. It's not about them.

Secondly, if you're about a quarter way through, and you feel like you aren't enjoying it, please, continue, and come at it with an open mind as stated. Forget everything you know about reading books, and try and get lost in the book, it isn't that hard.

Thirdly, read it in the voice that comes naturally, don't purposely try and read it in another voice, it's all good and well to say "I'm bored, I'm going to read this in Jude Law's voice to make it more appealing." but it doesn't work. You need to focus. That will take your attention away from you. Otherwise this book just won't work for you. You need to be thinking about the imagery, not the stud that is Jude Law.

Fourthly, I recommend you don't borrow this book, but buy a copy of your own. This is going to sound cheesy, but I like to think of my copy as my own circus right on my very bookshelf that I can come back to at any time I like. If you were to read my copy for example, it wouldn't be your circus, once you gave it back to me, it'd be mine again and your circus would be gone. If you want to feel like you've created your own, you may want to keep this book for years to come, therefore, you need a goddamn copy!

I'm sorry this review is long and cheesy, but honestly thinking about these things helped me. Don't dwell on the confusion, dwell on the imagery and I swear to God it'll be the best choice of your life.

Uptown Girls [DVD] [2004]
Uptown Girls [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Brittany Murphy
Offered by WorldCinema

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite all time movie., 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: Uptown Girls [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
What can I say about this movie? Except it truly is a masterpiece. I think I can quote the whole movie without hesitation. "Every story has an end but in life every ending is just a new beginning." R.I.P. Brittany Murphy. You really were a star in every movie you ever made, but this one, this one is your legacy.

British owls tea towel
British owls tea towel

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely item!, 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: British owls tea towel
Item is just as described. Colours look nice, item is fairly large, cannot fault it. Good price for what you are getting.

Alienated:
Alienated:
by Melissa Landers

5.0 out of 5 stars In love!, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Alienated: (Hardcover)
Wow! What a read. I knew it was going to be good, I had high expectations, but words cannot describe how much my expectations were just blown out of the ocean with this book.

The cover is beautiful, colourful, everything I want on my shelf, the story is well written, and I cannot wait for the next one.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful., 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Fault in Our Stars (Paperback)
John Green does it again. I think Green sums up nicely what it's like to be young and in love. He creates a sad story that although heartbreaking, is also witty, and imaginative. This is definitely a read for all ages. Not just young adults. If you've not read any of John Green's books, this one in particular is a very good place to start. Just don't forget to get the tissues at the ready for the sad parts!

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
by Jennifer E. Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars A feel good love story!, 11 Feb 2014
If you like witty love stories, this one is for you. Sure some people get tired of the typical cliché love stories, but this is a really fun read with some particularly funny parts condensed into it. The characters are likeable, though predictable. The story however is short, so if you're not looking for a quick read, you may want to reconsider and go for something else. If you're looking for a story that can potentially make you smile, this could be it. We all need our lifts now and again, this, is a lift.

The Bane Chronicles 4: The Midnight Heir
The Bane Chronicles 4: The Midnight Heir

5.0 out of 5 stars Does Cassandra Clare want to damage us permanently?!, 11 Feb 2014
If you've read the Infernal Devices, you may be emotionally effected by this book. If you found the Infernal Devices upsetting in any way, this book may make you relive those memories. However don't let that put you off! It really is what you need if you're suffering from a TID book hangover. And for the cheap price of merely a pound, who can complain?!

WALL-E (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
WALL-E (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Burtt
Offered by SKYETORI

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for all ages, 11 Feb 2014
Although of course this movie is targeted at a younger audience, this is one of those movies that can be enjoyed by the whole family. The idea is unique, the story is witty yet serious at the same time, and I can imagine this being one of Disney's more popular movie in the coming years. If you're looking for a nice sit down with the family, this is the movie for you. Though keep in mind children of a younger age may lose focus from time to time during the lack of dialogue in certain parts.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5