Profile for Bopper > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
NEW BLACK REPLACEMENT FASCIA COVER HOUSING FOR NOKIA 3110 CLASSIC
NEW BLACK REPLACEMENT FASCIA COVER HOUSING FOR NOKIA 3110 CLASSIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Replacement fascia for 3110, 21 July 2014
Bought on behalf of a friend, who wanted to refurbish his old 3110, and he's quite happy with it.

Cotton Men's Handkerchiefs (HH76) - Box Of 7 White - includes a gift tag
Cotton Men's Handkerchiefs (HH76) - Box Of 7 White - includes a gift tag
Offered by Tim Garner

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Handkerchiefs, 21 July 2014
Perfectly adequate handkerchiefs, at a reasonable price. If you're thinking of buying them as a gift, then I can confirm they look very presentable in their box.

Anker® 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For Samsung Galaxy S2 II GT-I9100, Galaxy S2 II I9100, Galaxy S2 II 9100G, EB-F1A2GBU
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 21 July 2014
Bought for my daughter, and she seems happy with it. Can't raise enough enthusiasm in her to give me an objective review I can pass on, so I've interpreted her 'OK' as 'Good'!

Memorex M00286 CD-R 52x 100 Pack Cakebox
Memorex M00286 CD-R 52x 100 Pack Cakebox
Offered by memorycapital

4.0 out of 5 stars 100 Memorex CD-R Cakebox, 21 July 2014
These work pretty well, with relatively few failures (and they're not always the fault of the disks), so I reckon they represent fair value.

I paid £11.99 a few years back, and they're now being offered for £17.50, so that's quite a price hike, but they're on a par price-wise with similar products.

Battery Operated Nasal Hair Trimmer - Black
Battery Operated Nasal Hair Trimmer - Black
Offered by DISCOUNT ZONE

4.0 out of 5 stars Wahl Nasal Hair Trimmer, 21 July 2014
The description goes:
"This product conveniently and hygienically removes unwanted hair. It comes with a 12 month guarantee. I have included a free battery so that it can be used straight away."
Maybe this should be revisited, because there certainly wasn't a free battery included with mine.

However, it seems to work adequately in lopping off nasal hair, and it cost £2.34 including P&P, so there's not much to complain about.

Pack of 12 white pure cotton mens handkerchiefs / hankies
Pack of 12 white pure cotton mens handkerchiefs / hankies
Offered by Wholesale Interiors

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Handkerchiefs, 11 July 2014
Handkerchiefs. Squares of white cotton cloth. These are big enough, they wash well, and I imagine they would look OK poking out of a top pocket, suitably folded.
Perfectly adequate hankies.

One (1) X Duracell CR2032 Lithium Coin Cell Battery 3v Blister Packed
One (1) X Duracell CR2032 Lithium Coin Cell Battery 3v Blister Packed
Offered by PoundMax

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Battery, 11 July 2014
Just had cause to use it, and it's fine. It's powering a guitar tuner, and I hadn't really noticed how dim the display was becoming before I replaced the battery.
A decent item at a fair price, and it's labelled Duracell, so I expect it to last well. I'll be back if it doesn't!

New Black Unlocked Cubot GT72 4.0 inch Android 4.2 Smartphone Dual Core Mobile Phone Dual Camera GPS WiFi Capacitive Touch

4.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag, but I quite like it., 11 July 2014
I paid £41.99 all in for this phone. I had to buy a memory card separately (16GB for £7.29) but that was it.
This is my first smartphone, because I wasn't convinced I needed the features, so I bought it basically to find out one way or the other.
The instructions I received were for a newer model, and they didn't go into any detail as to how you're supposed to use the thing anyway, but I guess all smartphones work much the same, so I used the trial and error approach.
After a couple of days I've just about got to grips with it, so here are the pros and cons from my point of view.
Pro:
- it's really cheap!
- it comes with two different back panels (one black, one orange) plus an extra outer casing.
- it's quite quick to start up.
- sound quality on calls is quite good.
- predictive text works pretty well.
- it supports two SIMs, and receives calls and texts from both. You specify which SIM you want as the default for outgoing calls and texts.

Cons:
- battery life is alarmingly short, although I guess most smartphones have this problem. (My old non-smart phone lasts up to two weeks on a charge, this one about a day or so.)
- the battery takes an inordinately long time to charge (something like 8 hours).
- touch screen responses can be very slow.
- the screen can't be read in sunlight.
- the cameras aren't the best, but, hey, they work!
- it's quite a bit heavier than my daughter's Samsung Galaxy (as well as a tenth of the price!)

All in all, I think I'll persevere with it, but I won't be scrapping my old phone.

Edit: Note that this review applies to the phone I received, but Amazon's system has applied it to this newer model.
The one I bought can be found at:

New - BLACK WAYFARER RETRO 80'S STYLE SUNGLASSES Men's and Women's Fashion UNISEX UV400
Offered by GaBa Trading Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly comfortable to wear, 10 July 2014
Fairly comfortable to wear, lenses that appear pretty decent (but I'm no expert!), and they look presentable. Whether they're fashionable or not I'll leave to somebody else to decide.

All in all, you can't complain at four quid a pair, although the claim that they've been reduced from £39 seems a bit far-fetched.

3 x LARGE SHELL THUMB PICKS plectrums for acoustic guitar
3 x LARGE SHELL THUMB PICKS plectrums for acoustic guitar
Offered by Simon's Media Store

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but some drawbacks, 10 July 2014
Certainly an improvement on conventional picks, especially for older people like me who repeatedly drop them (and why do they always seem to finish up inside the sound box of an acoustic guitar?).

However, after half an hour or so of playing, I find they become quite uncomfortable on the thumb, and I need to take a break.

Also, they're quite stiff, so perhaps an assortment (varying in thickness) might make a better offering.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17