Profile for PaulB > Reviews

The Broken [DVD]
The Broken [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Jenkins
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Invasion of the Body Snatchers genre buy this, 11 July 2014
This review is from: The Broken [DVD] (DVD)
An underrated tense thriller

Continuum: Season Two [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Continuum: Season Two [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Erik Knudsen
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 32.35

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent blu ray, 14 April 2014
I can confirm that the series 2 blu ray, like series 1, plays on a UK PS3. The picture quality is excellent, in particular the future city, weaponry etc look great.
I ordered mine from rarewaves through Amazon - it arrived via Belgium and I didn't have to pay import duty on it.

Continuum: Season One [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Continuum: Season One [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Erik Knudsen
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 37.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Confirming multi-region Blu-ray, 12 Jan 2014
Just to confirm I have played this Blu-Ray on a U.K. PS3, and it works just fine -excellent picture quality, well worth buying.

Alcatraz - The Complete Series [DVD] [2012]
Alcatraz - The Complete Series [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Sarah Jones
Offered by MusicnMedia
Price: 9.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect a proper ending or an explation, 30 May 2013
NO SPOILERS.
I really liked this series, and I bought it knowing that the studio hadn't renewed it for a second series. I had hoped that the producers would either wrap it up properly at the end, or at the very least have added an interview on the dvd saying where they intended to take it/future plot lines. Given my no spoilers limitation I can't say a lot more, but we are left not knowing the motivations and relationships of some of the main protagonists.

Brotherhood of War Aka Tae Guk Gi [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Brotherhood of War Aka Tae Guk Gi [Blu-ray] [US Import]

5.0 out of 5 stars This plays on a Region B player, 13 Jan 2013
I liked this film so much on dvd I thought I would get the blu-ray while it was still available, in the hope that one day I would treat myself to a multi-region player. Then I read some descriptions that stated it could play on region B.
Although the back cover says it is a region A blu-ray I can confirm that it plays on a Region B PS3, including having English sub-titles if you want them. I was very pleased with the picture quality.

Caprica - the complete series [Blu-ray] [French Import]
Caprica - the complete series [Blu-ray] [French Import]
Dvd ~ Eric Stoltz
Offered by DH BLU
Price: 45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars For English buyers, 15 Sep 2012
I bought this set from Amazon fr. as it was a lot cheaper than the prices being charged on UK Amazon. I played the blu-rays on my PS3, and can confirm that it is possible to watch them in English. Each blu-ray has a configuration (set-up) option, along with the choice of watching individual episodes or all (tout), and without subtitles (sans).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2014 9:17 PM GMT

Spartacus - Gods Of The Arena [Blu-ray]
Spartacus - Gods Of The Arena [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ John Hannah
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 12.86

5.0 out of 5 stars All extended episodes are included, 27 Oct 2011
The blu-ray set has all five of the extended episodes, just like the American set. One of the six episodes is not extended in either country. The 270 minute run time given by Amazon is a mistake. The picture quality is superb.

True Soldier Gentlemen
True Soldier Gentlemen
by Adrian Goldsworthy

5.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable read, 14 Feb 2011
This review is from: True Soldier Gentlemen (Hardcover)
The author has certainly done his research before writing this book. It has a wealth of historical detail that fans of the genre will approve of. At the same time it has good characterisation and some nice touches of humour.

I always felt that one of the weaknesses of the Sharpe books was that the author concentrated attention on just the one character, so that everything in every book had to happen to Sharpe. Goldsworthy on the other hand has avoided this by developing several characters whom we can follow in their careers.

You can almost smell the gunpowder reading his vivid descriptions of the battles of Rolica and Vimeiro in the latter part of the book, and I'm greatly looking forward to the next in the series.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars If only it came with a snake, 31 Dec 2010
I was attracted by the great looks of this basket and I was not disappointed. In addition it also holds a lot of laundry. Be aware that the inside is not lined so the wicker can be scratchy and might damage some delicate garments.

Wheels of Terror ( The Misfit Brigade ) [DVD]
Wheels of Terror ( The Misfit Brigade ) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bruce Davison

2.0 out of 5 stars Warning - Non-removable sub-titles, 29 Jan 2010
Although the film soundtrack is in English, when you first put in the dvd it gives you a choice of which of four scandinavian languages you want the sub-titles to be in. At no point then or later is there an option for having no sub-titles. Also they are in thick white letters, and are very obtrusive.

Page: 1 | 2