Profile for S. King > Reviews

BeeSwift CDDTBBL12 Click Safety Footwear D/D Trainer Boot Black 12
BeeSwift CDDTBBL12 Click Safety Footwear D/D Trainer Boot Black 12
Offered by Spire Workwear

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 17 April 2016
As other reviews have stated these do come in as slightly larger than the size they list but I just inserted some gel insoles and that sorted that issue out.
Very comfortable to wear.
Seem very well made
The real test will be how long they last

Fall of Night: A Templar Chronicles Novel
Fall of Night: A Templar Chronicles Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly engrossing, 12 Jan. 2016
I'm not going to say anything about the story itself except that it is anything but predictable.
This book had me from the very first sentence right the way to the very last one.
The next book can't come soon enough.
Fall of Night has been my companion for the last three days.
Squeezing in chapters on my journey to and from work, reading though my lunch break and any other spare time I had.
Fortunately I have an understanding family that know not to disturb me when I'm thoroughly engrossed in a good book.
And that definitely describes this one.

A World of Shadows: The Action-Packed Urban Fantasy Box Set
A World of Shadows: The Action-Packed Urban Fantasy Box Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't think, just get it and start reading, 24 Jun. 2015
This looks like an amazing bundle. I've already read two of the stories in it and if they are anything to go by then the rest should be bloody good.
The two I've read are The Fixer by Jon F Merz. My review for that is elsewhere but let me just say vampire ninja. Seriously that should be all you need to want to read it.
The Heretic by Joseph Nassise is the start of another excellent series. Think special forces modern day Templar Knights fighting the paranormal.
I'm looking forward to the rest in the bundle.
Of course it means I'm probably about to start several new book series.

The Ghosts of the Conquered (The Aspect Cycle #1): An Epic Sword and Sorcery Fantasy Series

4.0 out of 5 stars The start of something big, 16 Jun. 2015
A fantasy epic in the making is a term often thrown around but this book deserves it.
Great characters will suck you into their stories right from the start.
And what stories they are.
Looking forward to the next in the series

LEGACY, Book 4: Trial and Terror
LEGACY, Book 4: Trial and Terror

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best so far, 17 Dec. 2014
The problem I found with this book is that it seemed to just be setting up plot lines for future stories.
As a result I felt a little 'cheated' by it.
Plus it really should have gone through a proof read before release.

On Her Majesty's Behalf: The Great Undead War: Book II
On Her Majesty's Behalf: The Great Undead War: Book II

5.0 out of 5 stars Hits the ground running and then breaks into a sprint., 2 Dec. 2014
Blending zombies and world war one with a hint of steampunk for good measure Mr Nassise pulls you into a world history not quite our own and makes a believable world that will make you want to keep reading and find out what will happen next.
What starts as a relatively simple mission (If you can call dealing with zombies simple) turns into rescue mission for the fate of the British monarchy.
I finished this in two sittings. Would have been one but work won't accept "I had to finish this book" as an excuse for not going in.
Although you don't have to read the first novel By the Blood of Heroes to enjoy this one.
I think you should. If only because that one is a damn good read too
Can't wait for the next one.

Judgment Day: A Templar Chronicles Novel
Judgment Day: A Templar Chronicles Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars A damn good addition to the series, 3 Oct. 2014
A cracking read that once again hits the ground running and doesn't stop or let you catch your breath.
Just when you think you've got a handle on things it delivers another twist to ramp up the action.
If you've read the others then you should already be halfway through this one.
If you haven't read the others then stop reading this and get them ordered.
You'll thoroughly enjoy them all

The Undead Hordes of Kangul (Shadow Warrior)
The Undead Hordes of Kangul (Shadow Warrior)
by Jon F. Merz

5.0 out of 5 stars What a cracking adventure., 10 Sept. 2013
I think it took me three pages before this book had me well and truly hooked.
I started reading it late one night and before I knew it the sun was coming up the next day.
Yes folks it's that engrossing.
I've read a lot of Jon F Merz's other books and even though this is the start of a new series
he once again gives us characters that you instantly like.
Even the villains make you want to learn more about who they are and why they are so evil.
If you like action, adventure, ninja, the undead, sorcerers, sea monsters and a few other things that I'm not going to mention
then this is the book for you.
Can't wait for the second one to come out.

Dead Bait 2
Dead Bait 2

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 10 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Dead Bait 2 (Kindle Edition)
I must admit I picked up this collection just for two of the authors who had contributed. Even their stories were very weak and a letdown compared to their other work.
The whole book was filled with stories that ranged from the extremely predictable to just plain bad.
Most of them made me feel like the authors were under contract to supply something so they produced half thought out ideas with no substance at all.
A couple of the stories had a nice idea behind them but they were handled in a way that suggested the authors didn't care to expand on them.
In my opinion even one star is a little too generous

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Be warned, 21 Feb. 2013
This item is shipped from China. They don't actually mention this anywhere.
I only found out by asking where it was after waiting over 3 weeks.
I received an email telling me it takes 20-30 working days to get here from China and
would I wait another week.
Can't say if the item itself is any good or not.

UPDATE
10 days after getting an email asking me to wait another week, this item still hasn't arrived

Page: 1 | 2