Profile for A. Wallace > Reviews

Content by A. Wallace

A. Wallace (Scotland)

Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back To Health
Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back To Health

5.0 out of 5 stars Important Info on the effect of Wheat! Very Helpful!, 21 Jan 2013
I bought this book as my husband had suffered from terrible indigestion, gas and tummy problems (which he thought was IBS) for the whole 17 years I have known him. He has also progressively gained fat in his abdomen. He's was given antacids by his Dr(which in turn gave him a painful kidney stone) but that never really solved it. Other than that the Dr hasn't done anything, acting like he was fine. The Dr's attitude made him not want to go back.

After reading a few articles I felt he maybe had a problem with wheat. After buying this book so much of it made sense! It was hi to a T. After cutting out wheat his horrible gas problem was suddenly gone! As was his irritable bowel and he just felt better in general. He has not cut out carbs all together but just cutting out wheat/gluten has made his stomach smaller. I think now that we are used to it he may actually try for more weight loss soon, but it is happening gradually without trying anyway!

I am convinced the wheat of today is not good for most of us. I don't cook any meals with wheat now and we all feel better in our house for it. We also don't eat as much as "cravings" in our house have been drastically reduced!

We have been Gluten-free in our house since about Oct/November 2012 (about 3.5 months) and I don't see us ever going back. It is pretty easy once you just do it, even with kids.

3x Eyebrow Razor Trimmer Shaper Shaver
3x Eyebrow Razor Trimmer Shaper Shaver
Offered by Get Hair Online
Price: 0.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sealed, possibly used?, 21 Jan 2013
These razors came to me loose in a padded envelope and not sealed in a packet. Two have dirty residue on them that makes me wonder if they've been used! They seem very dull as well. Will not order again.

It's Not the Stork!: A Book about Girls, Boys, Babies, Bodies, Families and Friends (Family Library)
by Robie H. Harris
Price: 9.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book that speaks about the topic in a way that is truthful and age appropriate, 2 April 2009
I can't say enough about this book. I really feel it is a great tool to introduce the topics of the the differences between girls and boys bodies, reproduction, good touch vs bad touches etc.

It is a great resource if you want to (or already do) talk openly about sexuality with your children and don't quite know where to start.

I would recommend that you read through the book prior to reading it with your child though - just to make sure that you are aware of what the book is going to cover and that you are comfortable with it. We got this book when my son was 4 (because we were expecting a baby and he was asking lots and lots of questions like "how will she come out?" and "how did she get in there?").

I would say that there were maybe a couple pages I skipped with him that age because I thought it was maybe just a bit much for him to process all at once. Now that he is almost six though we read through the whole book.

The illustrations, cartoons and text are all cheerful, accurate, informative and amusing. Great addition to a home library.

Vax Genuine Filter Kit (Type 7) - Rapide Carpet Washer V-022/3/4/5/6
Vax Genuine Filter Kit (Type 7) - Rapide Carpet Washer V-022/3/4/5/6
Price: 7.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine, just a replacement filter, 2 April 2009
This product was exactly what it said it was, 2 replacement filters for my Vax carpet washer. Did what it said on the box!

Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes (Better Homes & Gardens Cooking)
Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes (Better Homes & Gardens Cooking)
by Better Homes & Gardens
Edition: Plastic Comb
Price: 12.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Good easy recipes - do not be put off because book american!, 20 Dec 2003
Contrary to what the last reviewer says this is a great book and the fact that it is American is not really a problem.
If you look at the last page it has an easy to use converter for the Birtish and Australian markets. (Anyway, it is really easy to get cup and tbsp measures now in this country - most grocery stores as well as cookshops and Homebase have them very cheap.) Not only does it tell you what the equivalent British measure is it helpfully points out the difference in the names of a few ingredients in each country.
But there are very few ingredients that are different. Overall this book is chock-full of easy healthy recipes you can serve your family or guests.
Not only am I using it, it has my mother-in-law's seal of approval as well! We both find that preparation on most is very easy - you spend 15 minutes in the morning and at the end of the day (the time I find myself most harrased with a young baby) you have a delicious homemade hot meal waiting.
I like the fact that I don't have to worry like I do with ready-meals about what ingredients have gone into it - I know, I put them there!
This book has been a great, I highlt reccomend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2009 3:43 PM GMT

Best Baby Names: Choose the Right Name for Your Baby
Best Baby Names: Choose the Right Name for Your Baby
by Julia Cresswell

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good main source - ok as a companion to other books, 18 Jan 2003
Neither my husband nor myself has found this book very helpful as a main source for baby names.
The book does not contain any pronunciations, making many of the entries (especially Gaelic or Celtic ones) useless. Also it does not tell you what a lot of the names mean. Most of the information here would be more useful to a linguistics researcher than a prospective parent. Also it is all alphabetical and it is not divided into helpful sections (not even 'male' and 'female') like a lot of other books on the market.
We failed to find a single name we really liked in it.