Profile for Mellymoo > Reviews

Spring Guitar Capo Alloy
Spring Guitar Capo Alloy
Offered by Tcity

1.0 out of 5 stars False Economy!!!!!, 8 Oct 2010
I knew when I bought this capo that it was just a cheap 'last me until I get a better one' purchase but this truely is awful!!! Granted I didnt pay much but I would have liked it to last slightly longer than the 6 DAYS that it did. God awful, take your money add a little more and get a better capo, because even for beginners this isnt worth even a penny!!!

Scrooged [DVD]
Scrooged [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bill Murray
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars If you touch me again Imma rip your goddam wings off, Okay!!!!, 11 Sep 2007
This review is from: Scrooged [DVD] (DVD)
Charles Dickens Scrooge has been re told many times but this one is definetly up there with my favorite christmas films. The Brilliant Bill Murray plays Frank Cross a highly strung TV Network president who hates xmas, children, goodwill to all men and chinese food. After a real low where Frank turns his networks christmas carol show into a charlie mason special he is visited by the ex head of the network (who is dead) who tells him that he will be visited by three ghosts. Enter the hysterical nyc cab driving ghost of xmas past. From then on the film is a wild ride to meet the sadomasicist fairy ghost of xmas present and the scary ghost of xmas to come, along the way Frank is taught about all the people around him that he choose not to care about with both hiliarious and touching results. Everyone is fantastic in this film and it's one of those films that kids could happily watch and adults too. By the end you will have a lump in your throat as this film embodies the spirit of xmas without being overly slushy and sentimental. And to top it all off youve got a magic ending with a brilliant soundtrack with Annie Lennox and Areatha Franklin singing 'put a little love in your heart'. If you only buy it to watch once a year it would be worth it. This Scrooge has it all!!!

Urban Workout [DVD]
Urban Workout [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Justin Trousersnake ain't got nothin!!!, 15 Aug 2007
This review is from: Urban Workout [DVD] (DVD)
I wasnt sure whether to buy this one, all those toned fit dancers on the front had me thinking I would be way out of my depth but this really is a good one. There are three levels of difficulty (slow, fast, medium) the instuctor isnt one of those 'cmon guys feel that lovely burn' types so your not getting put off by stupid slogans when your dancing. If like me you want a fun way to keep fit but dont want to give yourself a hernia this is for you. You should probably watch it though without joining in once cos it takes a couple of tries to get it right, I myself was a bit like a frog in a blender the first time. But once you get the hang, you concentrate less on the moves and more on shakin your thang! The other dancers in the backround arent racing ahead infact once or tiwce they mess up and you can see them giggling which makes you feel better when your sweating and trying to get it just right. And if that wasnt enough your dancing to some classic hip hop (Donnell Jones, Mya need I say more!) tunes which makes all the difference! Give it a go, you'll probably surprise yourself and once you've learnt some of the move you can put your fav cds on and dance around your room like a maddie!! Brilliant!!

Live 8 [DVD] [2005]
Live 8 [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ U2

1.0 out of 5 stars Insulting Much!!!, 8 July 2007
This review is from: Live 8 [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
Oh I was there and it was amazing, oh I was in the golden circle, we were at hyde park and I was inspired! What drivel! Nobody cares if you went to Live 8, we want to know what the dvd is like. Well frankley I thankfully missed the live broadcast of Live 8 cos I found something better to do like counting all the squares in my house but some tiny fool decided to get me this abomination for xmas and thank god it's the thought that counts. Over looking momentarily the fact that 80 percent of the musicians were fame seeking tossers the dvd its self holds absolutely nothing of interest or importance. Extras Yawn!!! And the music it's self, well I'll admit there were a few gems in there but Madonna!?! And no offence to the old snoop dog but why!?! This whole publicity staged farce was painful to say the very least. If your a die hard Pink Floyd fan you might want to buy this for there set but other than that I say take your money and buy Live Aid 1985. That show truely was an inspiring music fest with a great message, and yes Im sure that the bands from 1985 were thinking of publicity then too but atleast they had the good sense not to show it and they were more talented anyway. But Live 8, (although Im sure Bob geldolf wanted it to send a message) ended up being a boring uneventful headache thanks to the over caution beeb showing no links or videos of any relevent matters and some of the ghastly performances by fame hungry idiots that probably thought they were there to celebrate national lipgloss day!!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2011 6:36 PM GMT

Ten Sorry Tales
Ten Sorry Tales
by Mick Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars Maccabre, Mental and Marvellous!, 15 April 2007
This review is from: Ten Sorry Tales (Paperback)
I grabbed this from a book shop just before I was about to catch the train for some light reading that would stop me going mad on the journey. I had no idea I'd picked up such a good book. Im not totally sure whether this book is intended for children or adults but I thought it was enchanting. The stories go from the light hearted 'The Alien', with mass child rebellion and the 'Lepidoctor' about a young boys attempt to save thousands of lives with a antique. To the darker stories such as 'Hermit Wanted' which actually has you quickly looking over your shoulder as you read it. It's brilliant little collection from Mick Jackson which in sometimes put you in mind of Roald Dahl. Really worth a look. It's a wee bit short but Sorry Tales is a gem.

The Exorcism Of Emily Rose [DVD] [2006]
The Exorcism Of Emily Rose [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Laura Linney
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent Horror., 15 April 2007
Firstly if you havent seen this film dont look at the review titled Poor as they have seen fit to pretty much tell you everything and spoil the story. I think alot of people went to see this in the cinema or bought it thinking it was gonna be a gory, disturbing nightmare story reminisent of the fantastic film The Exorsist. Well its not. It's split into two stories that cross over the first part is the present setting where a young girl has died horrifically and it is believed that she died due to the negligence of her priest. Lorena Gale is the Lawyer that must prove to the jury that not only was Emily's priest acting in her best interest but that she was infact possesed by demons. The next part of the story is retold in the Courtroom at length about the events leading up to and the possesion of Emily Rose. With some truely frightening imagery and a outstanding performance by Karen Keating how really does make the whole experience desperately painful and harrowing this film is definetly worth seeing just dont expect her head to spin round and projectile vomiting to ensue. If your looking for gore this isnt for you but it's still a an extremely involving and unsettling story with a brilliant ending.

The Lost Boys (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [1987]
The Lost Boys (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [1987]
Dvd ~ Jason Patric
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Pray that you never need to call us!', 15 April 2007
There seems to be two camps on this. One for 'Near Dark' another 80's Vamp flick and one for the supposed more Hollywood version that is 'The Lost Boys'. Well I've seen both and I'm gonna have to side with the Lost Boys. The film takes place in the city of Santa Carla where a newly divorced mother (Dianne Wiest) brings her two sons to stay with her father. Soon the eldest son Micheal (Jason Patric) gets a bit of a thing for gypsy style vampire Star who gets him all vamped up and intiated into bad-ass biker vampire gang. His little brother Sam (Corey Fieldman) now has to help save his brother from the gang with the help of the fantastic Frogg brothers. This really is a fantastic film. After the first five miutes you forget that it is pretty dated now. And only the almighty Kiefer Sutherland could make the 80's that sexy. It's vampire movies at their best and the brilliant monologue between Fieldman and Corey Haim is comedy classic. A perfect all rounder with an shoulder-padded, big haired soudtrack. Excellent!!!

Harry Connick Jr: The New York Big Band Concert [DVD] [2004]
Harry Connick Jr: The New York Big Band Concert [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Harry Connick Jr.
Offered by momox co uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Jazz the way it should be done!, 11 April 2007
Harry Connick is probably more famous now for his movie appearences or his stint on hit american comedy Will and Grace than anything else but few remember him for his music until you mention When harry met Sally and then people might know what your going on about but its something in Connicks career that is sorely over looked.

In this dvd we see Connick at his very best as he heads up an array of talented musicians in the form of his new york big band including Leroy Jones on Trumpet who has some classic banter moments in the Concert with Connick. It kicks off with the fantastic 'Sweet Georgia Brown' and moves on to more sultry favorites as 'Dont get around much anymore'. Harry and his band also do their version of Disney's 'Bare Necessities'. Then theres 'With Imagination' which is not only a brilliant song with the band singing along but in the middle Harry, accompanied by Leroy Jones and some other band members get up to dance and do so improv. riffing in which Harry plays the drums. The finale 'All of me' has one of the band singing and impersonnating Loius Armstrong. Classic!!! This really is a fantastic concert with some truely great jazz music that you'll watch over and over. Not many artists today can perform and sing like this live. BUY IT!!!

Dead Until Dark: A Sookie Stackhouse Vampire Mystery
Dead Until Dark: A Sookie Stackhouse Vampire Mystery
by Charlaine Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Dead until Sookie!!!, 22 Feb 2007
I was in the middle of a severe reading drought when I came across this book and reading the other reviews I decided to give it ago. The drought stopped there. This book is fantastic, full stop. The fast paced beggining brings you to a bar in Bon Temps, Louisianna where Sookie Stackhouse, Waitress/Telepath gets immediatley embroiled with a dark and sexy vampire, a couple of criminals and a large chain for fighting. After that you go though the ups and downs as Sookie starts to fall for her new vamp at the same time as trying to discover the truth behind a string of strange murders using her 'gift' before her brother is blamed or she herself is killed. If that doesnt make you wanna read this book I dont know what else will. Once you've read one chapter you keep saying to yourself 'One more chapter, one more chapter' and before you know it you've finished it. As soon as I finished this book I got straight back on amazon for the rest of the series, which by the way get more and more fabulous the futher on you read. BLOOD, SEX AND ROCK'N'ROLL SOUTHERN STYLE!!! **NEWSFLASH** Did anyone else know that their planning on doing an HBO Sookie Stackhouse tv series called True Blood? Can wait to see that. They have the details for it on Charlaine Harris' Website. Magic!!!

Spongebob The Movie [DVD]
Spongebob The Movie [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Hasselhoff

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE BEING PURPLE!!!!!!, 16 Feb 2007
This review is from: Spongebob The Movie [DVD] (DVD)
I can safetly say when my rather pretencious movie watching brother brought home Spongebob the movie I laughed my ass off, myself being one of the poor unfortunates that hadn't seen the film or the Nickelodeon TV series. After he explained that it was really funny for adults aswell I decided to give it a go. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. The humour can be quite riddiculas, slap stick and low brow but frankley who cares! If you don't laugh at Patrick Starfish flying in by parachute with a banner wedged between his buttcheeks you should be studied. Strangely the music is hysterical and catchy aswell ('Now that were men we have facial hair, Now that were men I changed my underwear'). All in all I say feed that little potty mouthed inner child of yours with this because it's fantastic and trust me you will find yourself singing the songs absentmindedly. 'I'M A GOOFY GOOBER YEAH!'Just buy it and you'll understand!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2008 4:19 PM GMT