Profile for digifool > Reviews

digifool (Cambs, England)

Asus RT-AC68U Wireless Broadband Router
Asus RT-AC68U Wireless Broadband Router

5.0 out of 5 stars Wifi through walls and throughout the house, 20 April 2014
The virgin superhub I have is OK but didn't really cover the whole house and certainly not my extension.

I needed something better and after reading as many reviews and top 10 lists as I could get I finally picked the Asus RT-AC68U. It was comforting to know that if I had any problems I could always return it to Amazon.

The first configuration I tried was replacing my old Buffalo G router (client bridge) in the extension and I plugged in the Asus and the configuration popped up in a web browser without me having to do anything. Configuration was nice and simple but the performance wasn't that great probably due to the superhub. The Asus router noticed a firmware update and I confirmed that I wanted it and away it went - probably only took 1-2 minutes.

The next day my Intel Wireless network adapter (Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205) turned up for my PC in the extension so I changed the Virgin superhub to modem mode and plugged in the Asus router to the superhub.

Wow! What a difference I now have fast coverage across the whole house including the extension and from my mobile phone, tablet or laptop. Streaming video is now a pleasure and multi GB downloads are no longer a problem.

Haven't tried any of the other features that the router has but to be honest they are just bonus features - I just wanted a great router and for me that is exactly what I got. Totally recommended for ease of use, range and speed.