Profile for Chris Davies > Reviews

Chris Davies

Girl on the Net: My Not-So-Shameful Sex Secrets
Girl on the Net: My Not-So-Shameful Sex Secrets

4.0 out of 5 stars Warts n all sexual autobiography, 2 Sep 2013
I don't think I've ever read a sexual autobiography before. I wasn't expecting much from this book if I'm honest, but having read GOTN's blog for some time now and really enjoying her thoughtful and candid style of writing, I had to buy the book.
I don't think it was meant to titillate, but it is meant to entertain. And on that it delivers. It is funny, serious, thought-provoking and a very brave work.
I hope the author turns her obvious talents to fiction next.

The Lean Startup: How Constant Innovation Creates Radically Successful Businesses

5.0 out of 5 stars THE book for entrepreneurs!, 2 Sep 2013
I can’t remember what prompted me to buy this book, but I’m glad I did. The Lean Startup framework has been built on the solid foundations of lean manufacturing and agile development, and applied to an entrepreneurial environment. But I’m no budding entrepreneur; I have no ambitions of starting my own company. My interest is in how this philosophy of lean entrepreneurship and innovation applies to what the author terms “established companies”. And it does. His suggestions on creating innovation groups, essentially mini-startup companies within an existing organisation are invaluable for anyone interested in product development. And for those wanting to start up their own company – don’t. Not until you’ve read this book.