Profile for Jenny S > Reviews

The Essential Rose Elliot - Cheap and Easy Vegetarian Cooking on a Budget
The Essential Rose Elliot - Cheap and Easy Vegetarian Cooking on a Budget
by Rose Elliot

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the cover, 12 Nov 2012
I bought this book for my daughter last Christmas just after she moved into a flat with her fiance. By then, she had already copied a few of the recipes from my Cheap and Easy as she had liked them so much. I have lots of complicated vegetarian recipes, Rose Elliot's and others, but Cheap and Easy is the one I turn to when I have little time and not much in the fridge - I would recommend it to any new vegetarians, but also to long time vegetarians who sometimes need inspiration. It might be useful for those not in the know to have the word 'vegetarian' more clearly written on the cover. Being vegetarian myself, I know Rose Elliot's recipes would be vegetarian, but other people might not.

Memoirs of a Private Man
Memoirs of a Private Man
by Winston Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book., 12 Nov 2012
I love Winsotn Graham's writing and read this biography while on holiday in Cornwall, a county he loved and where he spent much of his life. Definitely a book for any Winston Graham fan to read and enjoy - beatifully written of course, entertaining and very readable.

Collins 64 Colplan 2013 Monthly Office Calendar
Collins 64 Colplan 2013 Monthly Office Calendar

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as useful as it could be, 12 Nov 2012
I tried to buy my usual 'week to a view' calendar from WHSmiths but gave up hope of them ever having any in the middle of last month. So I had a look online and found the Collins Colplan, which appeared to be much the same. However, the Collins one has a wide dark border which significantly reduces the amount of space available for each date, pages are not perforated as they are on the Smiths one, (though I can get round that by cutting up the middle of each page in the middle of each month) and the date numbers are rather on the small side, which doesn't provide any extra space to write things in but does make the dates hard to read without specs on. Summing up, the calendar is adequate but could have been much better.

NEW Ecozone Ecoballs 1000 washes, NEW improved formula and performance, NEW softer wash balls
Price: 17.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant balls, 19 Oct 2012
I have been using washing balls for years now and wouldn't dream of not using them - these seem to be particularly good and robust ones, and I like the foam outer circle which keeps down the noise. All the washing balls I have ever used have been effective, and these are no different. I use a little (Ecover) washing powder instead of the balls for some whites and towels in a hot wash as the balls shouldn't be used for hot washes, but only very occasionally buy washing powder, and use very little when I do use it, so definitely save money there. I do have a water softener, which means I can use less powder anyway, but I think the balls are brilliant, save money and help save the planet. I would unhesitatingly recommend them, whether or not you have soft water. They are also very helpful for people, especially babies and children, whose skin is sensitive to some of the nasty chemicals in regular washing powders.

CR2032 Battery (2 pack) - Panasonic, Lithium Coin Cell, 3V
CR2032 Battery (2 pack) - Panasonic, Lithium Coin Cell, 3V
Offered by eShop Online
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars What's to say?, 30 Nov 2011
I really cannot think of anything much to say about these batteries - they work, they fit and they arrived promptly. What more could one require of batteries?

Bosch AXT Rapid 2200 Blade Shredder (40 mm Cutting Capacity)
Bosch AXT Rapid 2200 Blade Shredder (40 mm Cutting Capacity)
Price: 171.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box, 9 May 2010
Light to move about, quiet in use, good value for money and easy to use. Only slight quibble - no chippings catching bag included, but that doesn't stop it being an excellent machine.