Profile for K. Willis > Reviews

Content by K. Willis

K. Willis "tassieboots" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Mr Mercedes
Mr Mercedes

4.0 out of 5 stars More thriller than chiller, 23 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Mr Mercedes (Kindle Edition)
Mr Mercedes is less of a Horror genre book and more in Mr. King's thriller style. The characters are likeable and interesting, the bad guy is as bad as bad can be. All in all, an entertaining read. I wouldn't put it up there with my all time favourites, but I've definitely enjoyed reading it.

Needful Things
Needful Things

5.0 out of 5 stars A King Classic, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Needful Things (Kindle Edition)
A great evil, invading a small town, drives the residents to darker and deeper acts of bitterness and rage. Stephen King explores the depths we'll go to as people to have and keep a precious thing. If you like his earlier works such as pet cemetary and cujo, you'll enjoy this dark little nugget too.

A Pair of Silver Wings
A Pair of Silver Wings

5.0 out of 5 stars A heartwarming story, 26 Oct. 2013
The tale that unfolds in this book is a beautiful portrayal of life and love before and after the Second World War. The characters are richly described and the events, although very dark at times, are vivid and powerful. This is a great story that really tugs on the heart strings.

Sound Isolating Dynamic Driver Earphones with improved Bass for Ipods, Ipads , MP3 and MP4 players with 3.5mm Jack
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, comfy and perfect on a budget., 8 Jun. 2013
I go to sleep listening to music or relaxation apps and I like in ear headphones so they don't fall out easily when I roll around in the night. I also prefer not to have one of those consoles in the wire for changing tracks/talking through as I often squash it and turn music on/off at the wrong time! These are simple, comfortable and have a great sound. Perfect for sleeping in!

"NO DOGS Orange Colour Coded Nylon Non-Pull Large L-XL Dog Harness and 1.2m Meter standard Luxury Padded Handle Lead Set (Not Good With Other Dogs) PREVENTS Accidents by Warning Others of Your Dog in Advance!
Offered by Friendly Dog Collars

5.0 out of 5 stars No dogs please!, 13 Feb. 2013
I'm very pleased with this harness for my rescue dog who is scared and aggressive towards most other dogs. It feels quite tough and he hasn't yet slipped out of it when spinning on the lead. He's notorious for escaping so this is a big plus. Good product and reasonably priced.

Bomb Cosmetics Chilla Vanilla Cleansing Shower Butter
Bomb Cosmetics Chilla Vanilla Cleansing Shower Butter

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shower creme, 30 Dec. 2012
I'm guessing that Bomb Cosmetics have listened to their feedback and updated their packaging, as what I got was just what I expected, a little ice-cream tub filled with creamy bath and shower wash in the form of a thick cream. Its vanilla scent is sweet, the consistency is heavy and nice to use as a soap and the Shea butter leaves my skin nice and soft. Perfect!

My Fitness Coach - Get In Shape (Wii)
My Fitness Coach - Get In Shape (Wii)
Offered by Value Games Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 months later and a whole stone lighter, 21 July 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought My Fitness Coach in December and after some sporadic attempts to use it in conjunction with Wii Fit, I gave up on the Wii fit. I use that daily to measure my weight, and for a giggle when we have people round. For my serious routine I use My Fitness Coach.
The workouts are structured, varied and flow nicely from one excercise to another. From Warmup to Cardio to Core, depending on what you've set as your focus, there's enough excercises to keep the variety, but enough consistency that you feel confident with the routines. I work out for half an hour every morning before work except Fridays, when I have a day off, and I don't use it at the weekend. Since January I've lost over a stone with this routine and I'm well on the way to my second as well.
It is worth spending the time measuring yourself and getting it set up properly...it's so nice to be able to say you've lost 2 inches off your waist, even if your weight hasn't come down very far yet.
This does require self-discipline and commitment. If you're not really bothered about toning up and losing weight, and are more interested in having a bit of active fun then get a Wii Fit. If you seriously want to spend some time on yourself then Maya is one of the least irritating pixelated motivators I've come across - as I say, it's been over 6 months and I haven't given up on her, or myself, yet!

River Runs Red
River Runs Red
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Still loving it eight years later, 21 Jun. 2008
This review is from: River Runs Red (Audio CD)
I've been a lot of things in the last eight years. I've become a completely different person, and there's a few small things that anchor me to, remind me of, and help me thank life for, the angry teenager that bought this album when it came out...this album being one of them.
It's not the most cheerful, but there's not a single song I would say I don't love. Never has the term "All killer, no filler" applied to an album more aptly. It's sad, angry and beautifully executed. Keith Caputo has the best voice of any singer on any album I own and "£his time" still brings a tear to my eye. I loved it then and I love it now...a real timeless jewel!

Tiffany's Fight The Fat Workout [VHS]
Tiffany's Fight The Fat Workout [VHS]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars You know you're unfit when..., 15 Jan. 2003
I very recently got this video and I have to say it's excellent! After just doing the warmup I fet fat and ungainly, but the routines were easy to follow and fun, and I could really feel them working. I've soldiered on through the rest and I'm definitely having to lean on the pause button and gulp water much less often. If you're a beginner, it's certainly the best out there and it doesn't bore you within 5 minutes. Be warned though, the initial boxing routines are done quickly, and although you pick it up very easily (at least by the second time you do the video) you might feel a bit left behind to start with if you are a true novice, like me. But it's so fun, and you feel so unthreatened by Tiffany and the instructor that it's easy to take it up again a second time when you know the routines a little better. This is unlike any other video I've tried. I've never completed one before, partly through laziness and partly because the excercises were so gruelling and the instructors so nauseating that I couldn't face them with my wobbly bits akimbo. This is fun, exciting and works you thoroughly. Five out of five...give it real go!

Imajica
Imajica
by Clive Barker

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart rending, cruel and beautiful, all at once., 9 Oct. 2001
This review is from: Imajica (Paperback)
Being a goddess isn't always what it's cracked up to be and Barker always manages to put that across to those of us who aspire. I found Imajica stuffed away in my mother's bookshelf and promptly fell in love with a whole new side of Barker's talents from his movie making. Unlike any of his other books, Imajica takes one from ecstasy to agony, fom mediocrity to sublimity, from laughter to tears and back again. Having had to buy multiple copies of this book through over-use and constant dropping in the bath or dragging through hedges backwards, I reccommend that you get a good sturdy copy of it because you will almost certainly read it again. It's hefty and it's long, but it's the most beautiful ride I know of.

Page: 1 | 2