Profile for BJH > Reviews

BOSCH WERKZEUGKOFFER 8416 - TH
BOSCH WERKZEUGKOFFER 8416 - TH
Offered by BellaLuna

1.0 out of 5 stars what looked like a great toy, 17 July 2014
I ordered one of these for my grandson. The first one was faulty and was returned. The second one was also faulty and was also returned. I didn't bother to try a third. A birthday was rapidly approaching and I hadn't the time, or inclination, to play pass the parcel with Amazon. It's a pity that, what looked like a great toy, was ruined by poor quality control somewhere along the line. ( I note another reviewer also experienced a similar problem.)
I can't imagine Bosch would be happy to have their name associated with a poor quality product.

The Cave (DCI Tom Caton Manchester Murder Mysteries Series Book 11)
The Cave (DCI Tom Caton Manchester Murder Mysteries Series Book 11)

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought in error., 31 Aug. 2013
Having read a number of works by this author in his detective series I purchased this in error prior to a holiday. However I decided to give it a try, perhaps in a pathetic attempt to identify with youth fiction. Whilst the premise was sound, a group of young people trapped underground in a caving accident, it soon became excruciatingly embarrassing as each one whiled away the time by telling their clichéd life story to the others. It's a long time since I was a teenager but I cannot imagine that either myself or peer group would have tolerated this book either at school as a "set" book or a personal read and we were far less "savvy" in those days. I felt myself cringing as one hackneyed tale follow the next. The ending was equally poor and predictable. ayes, they were saved by the weakest member of the group using his mobile phone!
I accept that the author in his previous "day job" was actively involved in education but in this novel I would suggest that he has totally missed his target audience and showed a complete lack of understanding as to what might grab a teenagers attention.
Stick to your Manchester crime thrillers please in future.

Brighton and Hove (OS Explorer Map)
Brighton and Hove (OS Explorer Map)
by Ordnance Survey

5.0 out of 5 stars How can you not rate an OS map 5 stars?, 31 Aug. 2013
Possibly the most comprehensive mapping in the world that is available to the general public. With such detail, information and user interpretation who could fail to rate it anything less than 5 stars?

Lifeventure Travel Clothes Line
Lifeventure Travel Clothes Line

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't leave home without one!, 10 Mar. 2013
Used extensively on a recent trip. Ideal for "smalls" and the odd tee shirt whilst travelling. The hooks are a a great improvement over the last one of these I used which had suckers to attach it to bathroom tiles etc. but often fell off. The twisted elastic works really well in place of pegs. Excellent value for money.

5 Star Premier Document Wallet Half Flap 285gsm Capacity 32mm A4 Assorted (Pack of 50)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite generous enough., 12 Dec. 2012
These were purchased to replace some old A4 wallets. They are 3cm narrower than the old ones and hence you have to be very precise with your filing. There is little room to manoeuvre letters and documents. The card also seems thinner. However as cheap and cheerful folders they do the job.