Profile for Tokey > Reviews

Content by Tokey

Tokey

8ft Premium Replacement Trampoline Surround Pad (Universally Fitting with Thicker Foam and Durable PVC Cover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with purchase, 8 July 2014
We bought this as a replacement for the standard surround pad that came with our 8ft Plum trampoline.

The fasteners on our original were starting to break and I was worried as our 5yr old was starting to push his feet through the gaps between the springs as well.

I picked out the Skyhigh replacement pad after reviewing a good number of alternatives on amazon ultimately picking this one as it seemed the most robust and best padded.

Very happy with the purchase so far, it arrived well packed with clear instructions and installation was relatively simple. The pad is indeed significantly better than the standard one, providing very good padding for the springs and the fasteners seem to do a good job of holding it in position too with much less sliding around than the previous.

Additionally the pads are thick enough to support my 5yr old running around the edge of the trampoline without it being pushed between the springs which is exactly what I was looking for.

Finally, although its early days, durability seems good and I wouldnt be concerned leaving this out all year round.

TP-Link TL-WA901ND Advanced 300Mbps Wireless N Access Point
TP-Link TL-WA901ND Advanced 300Mbps Wireless N Access Point

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless, 23 Feb 2013
I work in IT and am fairly comfortable with most networking hardware but try as I might I just couldnt get this to work.

Connected up to it all fine using the static IP in the manual, configured the wireless and managed to get my phone and laptop connected to it. Thats where the success ended.

Even in the same room I was struggling to get a stable connection to either my phone or my laptop and one room over, no connection at all.

I ran a channel scanner to ensure that there wasnt too much interference and the TPLink was the only one in the area on that channel with good space either side.

The connection speed fluctuated and the connection often dropped completely numerous times. Baring in mind that this was all in the 2-3 hours I dedicated trying to get it to work.

After reading forums and other reviews here I found a number of people with the same experience. Basically results are hit and miss so I put mine down to a bad unit.

Cant recommend as it failed to do what I wanted but Amazons returns / refund process was excellent as always.

GMYLE ® Black PU Leather Stand Folio Case Wallet Pouch Flip Cover with Money Sleeve Card Holder for Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 GT-N7100
Offered by Clever Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for!, 11 Feb 2013
After a few near misses with my Note2 already I had been on the lookout for a case but given the size of it I wanted something that could reduce the other items in my pocket already.

The GMYLE Case has met all expectation I had of it and exceeded them. The case itself is leather styled and looks nice enough with a magnetic clasp that closes it folder style.

Inside, the Note2 is well held by the plastic mouldings that grip the sides of the phone but still leave both the power button and volume control accessible (the cover will have to be open to access the volume control). The top and bottom of the phone are uncovered leaving access to the charger and headphone socket.

Although the top and bottom of the phone are not shielded by the plastic, the leather style case extends out further than the edge of the phone just enough to ensure that the case would take the brunt of any fall your phone may experience, whilst the plastic moulding keeps your phone in place.

Additionally the GMYLE case has 3 card pockets (one windowed) as well as a banknote slot that slips in behind the cards. In my case currently I am able to carry my bank card, drivers license, work ID pass, train ID pass as well as my ticket which I have placed in the windowed slot to be able to show any interested inspector! Even with all that in place there is still plenty of room for a few notes in the banknote compartment and for the case to close nicely.

I have now managed to reduce my pockets to simply this one case as I no longer need my train pass folder or my work pass folder as everything fits nicely in the one place.

With the case in place the phone still does not feel particularly bulky and fits nicely in my jacket or trouser pocket. Using the phone I have found that the front of the case folds nicely against the back and the magnet clasp can even be folded in reverse to hold it like this should you so wish, again the case fits snugly so does not feel uncomfortable to hold whilst making calls.

Even with all the card slots full, the GMYLE case has one last trick up its sleeve in that it can nicely fold into an up right stand holding the phone in landscape position. This has been perfect for both watching movies on the train and in bed as I am able to position the phone comfortably and simply sit back and enjoy the film. I honestly didnt think I would use this very much but I am now finding that Im using it on a daily basis!

A fantastic purchase from my perspective :)

Gigabyte GM-M7800S Elegant Luxury Wireless Mouse - Mouse - laser - 6 button(s) - wireless - 2.4 GHz - USB wireless receiver - brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect present for the mrs, 11 Feb 2013
I bought this as complimentary anniversary present to go with the laptop that I bought my wife.

Very impressed with the quality of the mouse itself as the decoration is definitely luxury rather than tacky as many of the crystal mice you will find are.

The presentation box, the setting of the crystals and the texture of the hand stitched leather all add to the feeling this is a high quality item.

Coupled with all of that, the mouse itself is a strong performer with a good laser sensor, a nice compact size perfect for travel when required and a micro USB receiver which is small enough to be left in the laptop without worry when packing up.

All in all, if you are looking for a mouse (perhaps for your significant other) with a bit of difference and a bit of style, I genuinely do not think there is a better option on the market.

The Unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook: From Lady Mary's Crab Canapés to Mrs. Patmore's Christmas Pudding - More Than 150 Recipes from Upstairs and Downstairs
by Emily Ansara Baines

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 11 Dec 2012
I bought this as a surprise present for my wife and it went down a treat!

It contains lots of interesting recipes from the period most of which with ingredients that you could find in your local supermarket. Some are slightly more exotic including recipes for pigeon, rabbit, lobster, oysters and even turtle!

Coupled with this each recipe is accompanied by a few paragraphs detailing some of the surrounding history of the dish and the setting in which it was served.

Finally using both the historical anecdotes and the dish itself these are wrapped up in a description of how they would fit into the Downton abbey world.

The book shows great attention to detail and provides many facets that make it an interesting read. The recipes are clearly written too and seem simple to follow.

Well recommended whether you are a fan of the show or not, this is an excellent and interesting cookery book.

Where's My Cow? (Discworld)
Where's My Cow? (Discworld)
by Terry Pratchett

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2 year old Son loved it, 19 Sep 2012
My wife and I have long been fans of Terry Pratchett books so it was great to be able to buy something for our little 2 year old boy for his daily bedtime story.

Don't be under any illusion that this isn't a children's book, it is clearly written for a very young audience however it has been done with the style and humour that is typical of Pratchett's novels which makes it both fun for your child to listen to as well as fun for you to read. Something that is frequently a challenge for books aimed at this age group.

The book is nicely written, a perfect length for a child's story time (about 5 minutes) and is very nicely illustrated. A small point on this is that fans of Pratchett may notice that Vimes has been depicted to look like, the now late, Pete Postlethwaite who Terry Pratchett always thought would be perfect for the role of Vimes should it ever be on TV.

If you are looking for a book for your toddler for bedtime this should definitely be up near the top of your list.

TABTRONICS NEW M009S F1 NOW DUAL CORE 8GB 7" Capacitive Android tablet PC - Android 4.2.2 JELLY BEAN now with DOUBLE system ram (1GB) for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE Dual Cameras HDMI

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but a little disappointing, 19 Sep 2012
I had spent quite a lot of time reviewing the various budget level tablet options out there with a view to picking something that would work nicely as an ebook reader for my wife as well as allow my 3 year old to play games without handing over my significantly more expensive smart phone.

I ultimately selected the tabtronics as the best of the bunch based on their UK presence and support as well as the extended system and product functionality that they provide out of the box.

Tabtronics provided everything I needed and their delivery was prompt as well.

The device however did not quite meet my expectations. On the whole its not bad but its not quite good enough to meet what I set out for it to achieve.

The battery life has gotten shorter and shorter over a period of time to the point that its not impractical to use on long trips.

The browsing experience is also a little flakey with the device not really having enough processing power to keep up and I frequently find that the browser 'stops responding' during site navigation. The is alleviated a little by installing firefox or dolphin from the app store but it doesnt go away entirely.

This response time issue also extends to some of the apps too which means its difficult to give to my son as he gets frustrated with trying to work the device.

As an ebook reader and video player its been fine but this is when the battery life issue starts to come into play.

The device now sits unused as a rather expensive paperweight in my office.

On the whole, if you want something cheap and you are prepared to be a little patient with the device then you could certainly do worse than the tabtronics. Alternatively it might be sensible to save up the few additional pounds and get yourself something from google...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2012 7:57 PM BST