Profile for Karen C > Reviews

Content by Karen C

Karen C (UK)

Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy (Hairy Maclary and Friends) (Pocket-sized)
Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy (Hairy Maclary and Friends) (Pocket-sized)
by Lynley Dodd

2.0 out of 5 stars Love the story but didn't know this was pocket sized!!!!, 11 Dec. 2010
My children and I love Hairy Maclary books, in fact I think we have them all, so I decided to buy this for someone as a present. Unfortunately, it doesn't explain in the description that this is a pocket sized book. Admittedly, if you look at the book dimensions further down you'll see it's very small, but I've never thought of looking at this when buying a book online (I will now!). For the cost of the book it's not worth the hassle of returning. The story is fabulous though, shame the book is too small to appreciate the pictures.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
by Mark Haddon

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 7 Aug. 2010
Great story and also rather funny at times. Would recommend to most ages and to both sexes. Couldn't put it down.

Call The Midwife: A True Story Of The East End In The 1950s
Call The Midwife: A True Story Of The East End In The 1950s
by Jennifer Worth

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 Aug. 2010
Really interesting book. I think it's particularly interesting for someone who's been through the whole birth process but would be of interest to a women who hasn't had children too. Couldn't put it down and have just bought a copy for my sister for her birthday.

Campingaz Camping Chef Inc. Tubing and Clips
Campingaz Camping Chef Inc. Tubing and Clips

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with this one..., 17 May 2010
I bought a basic single stove last year that works of a gas canister. Found that useless so sold it at the car boot sale. Had heard bad reviews about these double stoves and especially the grill but I was pleasantly surprised. Yes the grill only does one piece of toast at a time but it toasts it very quickly.

Campingaz Smart Te25L Cooler 12/230 V
Campingaz Smart Te25L Cooler 12/230 V

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I expected..., 17 May 2010
After reading the good reviews on this reasonably priced cooler I decided to invest, but I was dissapointed to find it didn't live up to everyone elses reviews. If you are camping with an electric hook up then this would be great, but we didn't have a hook up and planned to keep it charged up whilst using the car. We thought it would stay cool between using the car (we went out in the car for a while everyday) but as soon as its not plugged in it doesn't stay cool for long.
Another problem we found was that it only fitted between our two child car seats in the back (the footwell was too small - we have an Audi A3) and the heat generated from it charging in the car made my daughter uncomfortable in the back, therefore this would not be ideal for a long drive.

It's Not What You Think
It's Not What You Think
by Chris Evans

4.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 24 Feb. 2010
I found this very interesting as I've always been a Chris Evans fan since his Big Breakfast days. Chris started on the TV when I was at school and then I listened to him on the radio throughout being at University. Typically, for an autobiography I don't suppose it would be of much interest if you haven't been a fan or had particular interest in the writer, but as I have I really enjoyed the book. Didn't realise it wasn't the full autobiography though. The book is only up to the time he buys Virgin radio so you've got to wait till he's written the next book to continue.

Zap Charlie and Lola Fleece Blanket
Zap Charlie and Lola Fleece Blanket

4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it..., 5 Jan. 2010
My daughter loves it and so do I. It looks lovely and is nice and warm.

Decofun, Charlie and Lola Wall Sticker Stikarounds
Decofun, Charlie and Lola Wall Sticker Stikarounds

3.0 out of 5 stars nice but some don't stick., 5 Jan. 2010
The stickers are lovely and look well on the wall, however, the stickers that have been bent due to the way they are packaged don't stay on the wall. This is a shame as atleast 5 have now come loose.

Charlie & Lola Paper Table Covers (2 x 90cm x 90cm)
Charlie & Lola Paper Table Covers (2 x 90cm x 90cm)

1.0 out of 5 stars Basic table cover, 22 Nov. 2009
Very expensive as there are no pictures of Charlie and Lola. These are simply red, pink and white paper table covers with ladybirds on.