Profile for Mr. John Holt > Reviews

Content by Mr. John Holt

Mr. John Holt (Nottinghamshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Omnibus: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Honourable Schoolboy, Smiley's People
Omnibus: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Honourable Schoolboy, Smiley's People
by Le Carre John

5.0 out of 5 stars John Lecarres "Smiley" trilogy, 14 Oct 2012
These three novels are in my opinion the ultimate in the spy/MI5/CIA/FBI-type of story written by someone who was active in that murky world. Although I never been involved in that type of activity myself, it smacks of the truth and the "way things were". The writing is nigh-on perfect and devoid of the super hero activities of the James Bond-type of fiction which to me appears to be close to a cross between science fiction and Superman. The purchase was a replacement for a copy that is becoming threadbare because of the times I have read it. Thank goodness Amazon gave me the opportunity of renewing my aquaintance of old George Smiley!

Company Business [DVD]
Company Business [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gene Hackman
Price: 4.62

2.0 out of 5 stars Company Business, 14 Oct 2012
This review is from: Company Business [DVD] (DVD)
While scrolling through the Amazon DVD lists (As I do) I came across this film starring Gene Hackman who I rate very highly as an actor, but unfortunately I found it laborious and boring. Gene Hackman is capable of greater things than this! However, I was grateful to Amazon for the oportunity to watch it and form an opinion. Not a particularly good buy, I'm afraid.

Housewife, 49 [DVD] [2006]
Housewife, 49 [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Victoria Wood
Price: 5.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Housewife, 49, 26 July 2012
This review is from: Housewife, 49 [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I bought this item as a present for my wife. She saw this play on TV and liked it so much she wanted to own the DVD.
I searched Amazon and bought it immediately. I enjoyed it, too, as I am a great fan of Victoria Wood. As we had both seen the play, we knew exactly what we were getting. As always, the service from Amazon is nearly always all we expected - excellent!

Canon Original 2311B018 PP-201 5x7 Bubble Jet Media Photo Paper 5x7 (20 Sheets)
Canon Original 2311B018 PP-201 5x7 Bubble Jet Media Photo Paper 5x7 (20 Sheets)
Price: 4.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Photographic Paper, 26 July 2012
Canon Photo Paper, as always is superb. The service from Amazon is as always exceptional. Thank you!
I have used Canon products, including paper, cameras and other accesories, since 1960. I know I can trust their quality.

Everything I Own
Everything I Own
Price: 5.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Everything I Own - Ken Boothe, 24 Jun 2012
This review is from: Everything I Own (Audio CD)
The service I received on purchasing this product was a good as it always is from Amazon. I cannot fault this. However, the product was purchased on the strength of the title number ("Everything I Own") which I rate very highly, but the rest of the tracks were a bit of a disappointment as none of them lived up to my expectations. But of course none of that was your fault or the fault of the publicity as frankly I hadn't heard of Ken Boothe before or any of his songs!

CHE GUEVARA T-SHIRT EL CHE OLIV, sz.L
CHE GUEVARA T-SHIRT EL CHE OLIV, sz.L
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Che Guevara T-Shirt, 24 May 2010
This product is outstanding. Good quality and comfortable to wear. I am considering buying another one

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4