Profile for Drazekiel > Reviews

Drazekiel

Digitus Stereo Multimedia Headset
Digitus Stereo Multimedia Headset

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, at all in my opinion, 26 July 2015
This headset is PANTS, no other way to put it.. The mic works fine on it and seems to have fairly decent sound although people say I sound different and funny on it compared to my old headsets.. The sound through it was okay when it was new, however the headset didnt last more than 8 weeks before it started crackling and losing sound quality. I purchased it as a quick replacement for my old one as I needed one asap, the money would have been better spent on a few 2.99 tesco ones instead imo.

Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX660 2GB DDR5 PCI-E Graphics Card
Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX660 2GB DDR5 PCI-E Graphics Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome GPU!, 11 Sept. 2013
I purchased this as an upgrade to my GTX460.. There wasnt actually anything wrong with my old GPU, but it was 2 years old + ..So I decided to get an upgrade.. This card is much more powerful than the 460.. It is also a little bit louder too though! but not overly loud, but when just starting the PC or when firing up a game, you notice the noise as it loads everythign up..But once its all up and running it quietens down again.. I get good FPS, the fans are nice and help with keeping the temp down. All in all it was a great buy and while it doesnt really make WoW or a few of my other games look any beter than my old one.. It did make a few of my more hungry games look better as I can now run them with everything maxed out.. rather than just most settigns maxed out!

Well worth the monney!

Logitech Gaming Mouse G700
Logitech Gaming Mouse G700

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mouse ever!, 11 Sept. 2013
This is hands down the best mouse I have ever used! and I have used a lot! It was well woirth the money I spent on it, which I have to say I was dubious about spending so much on a mouse.. But a good friend of mine (Laura) told me to get it, and I am so glad I did! Its truly taken my gaming to another level.. Its got excellent response time, very nice ergonomics, which is important to me as I have had surgery on my elbow and I have suffered from carpal tunnel before.. The programmable buttons make playing so much easier than my last mouse.. and Infinitly better than a standard 3 button mouse.. I highly reccomend it to anyone that plays MMORPG or any game for that matter in a competetive way.. Or even those who play for fun, but play a lot.. Its hand s down better than any of teh other expensive multi button and macro mice on the market (IMO)..

Do youselves a favour, and buy one..now!

Arrived in very good time. well wrapped and packaged..all perfectly in order.. What more can you ask for ? :) nada!

Advanced 2D Game Development
Advanced 2D Game Development
by Jonathan Harbour

5.0 out of 5 stars Game Engine Programing.., 2 Oct. 2011
This book is great for showing you what goes into a 2D Game Engine, for an engine that comes with a book this is quite good..there are better - dont get me wrong - But they are infinetly more complex to understand and to use..+ they are 3D, this is 2D. One thing that should be said now, and I see one other reviewer has stated this - This book "DOESN'T USE OPENGL" - Its DirectX9c based. You get up and going fairly quickly in this book, so a good knowledge of DirectX would be a great advantage, you can still learn quiet a bit with only a little knowledge of DirectX. The language this book uses is C++ so a good understanding of that is essential..people who know C well shouldnt find it too hard to follow. Excellent place to start in your quest to learning about Game Engines, highly reccomended..
The Authour also has a forum for any questions related to this or any other of his books...

Beginning Game Programming, Third Edition
Beginning Game Programming, Third Edition
by HARBOUR

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for someone new.., 2 Oct. 2011
This book is really good for someone new to game programming, it covers a lot of ground and shows you just what goes into making a computer game work. The writing style is good, and the writing just flows. All in all a really good place to start on your journey into GameDev..