Profile for E. S. Dale > Reviews

Content by E. S. Dale

E. S. Dale "Sarah" (London)

1 metre Jewellery Hanger/Organiser/Tidy - Colour: Cappuccino
1 metre Jewellery Hanger/Organiser/Tidy - Colour: Cappuccino

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this product!, 21 Mar. 2013
Yes this product is incredibly useful yet pleasing on the eye. I no longer have a tangled mound of unfindable necklaces but a beautifully organised jewellery display. The fabric is good quality and takes no space hanging as it does in the inside of my wardrobe door. Definitely recomend.

30W R39 SES Reflector bulb (lava lamp) X 10
30W R39 SES Reflector bulb (lava lamp) X 10
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and works!, 21 Mar. 2013
Bought this product as I thought my lava lamp of 15 years had died as the wax wasn't moving with the lamp I bought from the supermarket. Put this lamp in and my wonderful Mathmos lava lamp is back in full working order. I thought I was buying one lamp but there are 10 in the pack meaning I have inadvertantly bought literally a lifetimes supply! Which makes the lamps wonderfully cheap as well as effective. These lamps should see me out!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic mosquito repellant, 21 Mar. 2013
I bought this product as I had heard it is an excellent mosquito repellant although this is not it's primary purpose. I usually get eaten alive by the mosquitos but when I applied this product in Goa I had not one bite. It smells lovely too which is preferable to the chemical options on the market, also has the advantage of being a good body moisturiser which is I think what it is marketed as. Would recommend.

Philips HR7620/70 Food Processor with Two Speed Settings Plus Pulse, 500 Watt - White
Offered by Ideabright Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied, 21 Mar. 2013
Very happy with this economical processor which does the job, is light in weight and compact in size for my bijou kitchen.

Twist up khol eyeliner pencil Black x 1
Twist up khol eyeliner pencil Black x 1
Offered by Stylish & Beautiful

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 21 Mar. 2013
Good for the price. Durable and no smudge factor despite my eyes which tend to be quite watery. Ordered one to test and happy enough to buy two more since.

The Boy with the Topknot: A Memoir of Love, Secrets and Lies in Wolverhampton
The Boy with the Topknot: A Memoir of Love, Secrets and Lies in Wolverhampton
by Sathnam Sanghera

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh Out Loud Funny!, 20 Oct. 2009
Regular readers of Sathnam Sanghera's column in The Times will already know him for the eloquent and witty wordsmith that he is. It is interesting to learn therefore that he is carved of illiterate parents that speak not a word of English.

Sathnam grew up in a traditional Sikh working class family in Wolverhampton and emerged from it into his middle class media lifestyle in London. He tries (sadly fails) to find true love whilst all the time returning home regularly to endure his mothers plans to arrange him in marriage to a Sikh girl of the "right" caste.

Out of a need to bridge this yawning gap in his double life, Sathnam resolves to write a letter to his mother declaring that he will only marry for love and rejecting her notion of his destiny. The letter forms the penultimate chapter of the book; his mother's response the dénouement.

Sathnam's story is sensitive, thought provoking and most definitely laugh out loud funny. It had me by the end of paragraph one.

The only problem with this book is that it has to end. It's written so beautifully I wanted it to just not stop. Sadly I won't have the delight of reading this great book for the first time ever again. You have that treat ahead of you, so grab yourself a copy, curl up and enjoy!