Profile for ScaredyKat > Reviews

ScaredyKat

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardcore training, 10 July 2013
A very simple, yet effective home-exercise DVD to follow. Jillian Michaels is intimidating at the best of times and you find yourself obeying her instructions with a "yes sir!" at the screen. Very small, simple movements which can leave you ACHING for days afterwards. The key is to go for a 60 day shred if you are not already a fit person. Oh, and get some hand weights. I do believe that a change of body shape with this dvd is inevitable.

Mr Croc: Ready or Not, Mr Croc?
Mr Croc: Ready or Not, Mr Croc?
by Jo Lodge

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book, 10 July 2013
This Mr Croc book is also a great book to read with a toddler. Not only are the pop-ups great, but the story builds in suspense until the fun (and quite impressive) ending. Would recommend highly.

Birkenstock Arizona Smooth Leather, Style-No. 52891, Unisex Clogs, Antique Brown, EU 39, normal width

2.0 out of 5 stars ouch!, 10 July 2013
Received my shoes less than 24 hrs after I ordered them, which was absolutely fantastic! The shoes themselves look great, just as they do in the picture. Sadly, for me, the leather is really really stiff and both the sides of the shoes and the buckle chafed my feet on my short walk to the train, leaving me with raw knuckles and a row of blisters on both feet. (I got my usual size 6) Am really disappointed because I thought I was doing my feet a favour by getting these. Perhaps after some use (when I can bear it) they'll soften up a bit, and this could just be a problem with the shape of my feet, rather than the shoe itself.

The Tiger Who Came to Tea
The Tiger Who Came to Tea
by Judith Kerr

5.0 out of 5 stars Tigerrific, 10 July 2013
My toddler is enthralled by this story, and loves to shout out the words as we read. She talks about the tiger for ages afterwards too. An excellent read, if somewhat dated.

Mr Croc: Wiggle, Jump, Stomp, Mr Croc
Mr Croc: Wiggle, Jump, Stomp, Mr Croc
by Jo Lodge

5.0 out of 5 stars Toddlertastic!, 10 July 2013
Fantastic pop-up book with endless entertainment for my 2.5 yr old. We scream with a mixture of fear and glee at the end as we love Crocodiles so much. It's a great book and can be combined with the actual physical movements too.

Mod Podge Gloss All-In-One Decoupage Sealer / Glue / Finish (8 fl. oz. )
Mod Podge Gloss All-In-One Decoupage Sealer / Glue / Finish (8 fl. oz. )
Offered by Areema Online

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff., 14 Jun 2013
FANTASTIC! Does exactly what it says on the tin! Gave a really nice matte cover and sticks perfectly. Recommend highly!

Puma BodyTrain Tech Womens Trainers / Shoes - Black - SIZE UK 6
Puma BodyTrain Tech Womens Trainers / Shoes - Black - SIZE UK 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoes, 14 Jun 2013
product delivered really quickly after order was placed. The shoes are good quality and just the right size. Not quite the MBT type shoe I initially thought, but great nonetheless. Would recommend.

A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy 1)
A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy 1)
by Deborah Harkness

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical!, 15 Jan 2012
LOVED this book. Was unsure at the start, but got totally immersed in the tale as it went on, and actually felt bereft when I'd finished. Can't BEAR to wait until JULY for the sequel. For the record, I have never watched Vampire stories such as "Twilight" or "True Blood", so did not know what to expect when embarking on "A Discovery of Witches". I have a profound love of books, and the story really appealed to me. I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

In The Night Garden: What a noisy Pinky Ponk!
In The Night Garden: What a noisy Pinky Ponk!
by Andrew Davenport

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad sound quality, 15 Jan 2012
The book itself is fine, but the sound is really fuzzy and unclear and all sounds the same. My little girl was unimpressed, sadly.

The Oracle of Stamboul
The Oracle of Stamboul
by Michael David Lukas

4.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing, 15 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Oracle of Stamboul (Paperback)
The Oracle of Stamboul is a brilliant read for anyone with a pemchant for magic, history, literature and eastern shores. The story captures your imagination from page one and conjures up beautiful images of 19th century Istanbul and indeed Black sea parts of the Ottoman Empire. The author brilliantly weaves works of literature (fictional and real) into the story, and leaves you wanting to get your hands on all the books he mentions! I was slightly disappointed by the end of the book, but all in all, a satisfying story.