Profile for Jac Johnson > Reviews

Content by Jac Johnson

Jac Johnson "Reviewer" (Leicestershire, England)

Page: 1 | 2
FIFA 15 (Xbox 360)
FIFA 15 (Xbox 360)

4.0 out of 5 stars Missing the fundamentals but great improvements., 29 Sep 2014
This review is from: FIFA 15 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I am very pleased with this years Fifa. I always have high expectations of Fifa when it comes out, and while I do think my expectations have been exceeded, I still feel like more should have been done to really make it feel realistic.

One of EA's main objectives was to make it 'feel' like the real thing. Although they have improved this there are fundamental issues that they simply have overlooked.
The stadiums are still so quiet and lifeless...
Why???.. This was an easy thing to improve and would make the game 100% better.
It's like you're watching behind glass, there is no atmosphere.
Fans want to experience the roar of the crowd when a team equalises, the chants of the crowd when their team is thrashing the opposition, the mania of the last minute winning goal.

Sadly, weather you are away from home and score a consolation goal or you are at home and score a last minute winner the crowd react the same... From a mumble during play to a feeble slightly louder mumble as if there's cheering going on 5 miles away....
I was really hoping for this to be improved like it was in FIFA World Cup Brazil.
Anyway, the rest of the game is impressive and an all round improvement.
Shame I can't give it 5 stars.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360)
Offered by Bargain Games UK

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a soul that seeks adventure and you love sandbox (do whatever you like) games then this game ..., 12 Aug 2014
This isn't a meerly a game; it's a life.
I am probably the biggest critic when it comes to realism and gameplay but this game is on another level.
If you have a soul that seeks adventure and you love sandbox (do whatever you like) games then this game will haul you in and drop your anchor.
Gta5? AC 4 blows it out the water.

A-DATA S107 Memory Stick USB 3.0 16 GB Blue
A-DATA S107 Memory Stick USB 3.0 16 GB Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars OMG :(, 3 Sep 2013
Dispatched within 1-2 months!!!! ???? no hurry for paying customers then. Absolutely shocking, certainly won't be buying! So many other sticks out there at better prices too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2014 9:43 PM GMT

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 (Xbox 360)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 (Xbox 360)
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Best on handheld consoles, 5 Feb 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Just buy Fifa, why waste £20.

These games are no longer worth actually reviewing.. They are the same un-licensed half-harted 'game' year on year. For someone who is a true football enthusiast, playing 'Man Red' Vs 'North London Blue' is just patronising. Then having to play in in-accurate kit with 'Ruud Van Noteboom'. I mean .. C'mon !!!! should have stayed where it belonged on PS2.

I have PES 2008 on my PSP and it really is brilliant (now that I have changed all the team names and kits to be vaguely accurate)(which took hours to do just the premier league alone).

The lack of licences is a real off-put. Players faces look flat, players bodies STILL look square as if I'm playing Fifa 98!

I like the animations and the weather. I used to like the training feature too but now fifa has got that and it's way better.

Buy FIFA 13!!

Forzieri 0.70 ct Diamond and Pearl 18K Gold Ring USA 4 | IT 7 | UK H
Forzieri 0.70 ct Diamond and Pearl 18K Gold Ring USA 4 | IT 7 | UK H

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 27 Dec 2012
Received the ring this morning. Box was made from a recycled toyota prius and fair trade ribbon as expected. Ring its self feels plasticy and diamonds look like cubic zirconas..now I think of it, wasn't really worth selling my gentlemen vegetables for.

SONY ERICSSON XPERIA ARC X12 / XPERIA ARC S RUBBERISED HYBRID HARD BACK COVER CASE / SHELL / SHIELD BLACK PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than an Iphone??, 27 Dec 2012
I think when compared with the Iphone it's a question of weather or not you like the andriod app store...
There is more variety, but perhaps less quality of apps.

But lets talk about the hardware. After looking at almost every similar phone on the market, I beleive this offers the best value for money. I would go as far as saying its the best sub-£350 out there.

1.4Ghz processor if fast, games are smooth.
RAM is a bit of an issue, could really have done with 500mb. (There is however an app for that, it boosts ram by closing unused programmes) However, Ram is rarely above the 150mb mark even if you close everything.
The screen is a really nice size, usable with one hand if you have big hands yet big enough to watch youtube or movies on comfortably.
Really slim and ergonomic design. The bottom 3 buttons are not as hard to reach as they appear, you just need to re-position your hand a bit.
The camera is good quality, pictures and video look good on my hd tv via the phones mini hdmi slot.
3D panorama does work... but takes a few goes to get right, something to do when you have a lot of time..
3.5mm earphone socket: well, usually these are faultless. Not in this case. My Sony earphones are not compatable. and apple ones with mic only work if u hold the microphone button down??!!!
No front facing camera? I wouldn't use it but most phones have them these days.
The price: Astonishing. I paid £180 in phones 4 u. Even the £230 amazon price is a bargain. It has its flaws, but for the price it performs in a different league and looks and feels like a premium handset.

If you are looking for a top of the range android phone with a big screen and want to save £200 or so then look no further. This phone should be at the £350-400 mark but it isn't. Id also advise those who want to spend around £150 to spend the extra to get this phone.

Apple iPod touch 32GB 5th Generation - Blue  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Offered by MTKInc

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Device, 27 Dec 2012
I've had an Ipod touch 2nd gen (32gb 1st gen) since 2009. I was 18 and bought it with my first paycheck. I was amazed by it and never left the house without it. Recently (after about 3 years ownership) the battery life has been reduced to just a few hours when its on standby, and only 30 mins when playing music. I got this new ipod for christmas and I am stunned with how apple have improved the touch.

The Screen:

The new retina display is incredible, it has more pixels from top to bottom as my 40" full hd tv has across. This may just be numbers but the visual difference is staggering. (no, i don't work for apple)..

Size & Weight:

Defies beleif, it even has a raised rim around the edge of the front i guess apple felt that they had made it a little too thin this time...

Performance:

This seems to have improved a lot from my 2nd gen, some games have similar graphics to my xbox 360. One problem I have noticed however is that when playing games that were bought using my old ipod there are black borders either side of the screen (landscape).

Connectivity:

Wi-fi connection seems to be stable, obviously, however, it will depend on your router. I haven't tried bluetooth yet, hopefully Apple will have improved this since the awful bluetooth capabilities of my 2nd gen...

Cable:

The new cable has had mixed reviews due to the new shape and the fact that it makes ipod docks for previous models obsolete. I do not own a dock as I have a speaker system. I have found that syncing is far quicker now though, weather that is due to the software or the caple I'm not sure. Also I used to scratch my last ipod no end by trying to insert the charging cable the wrong way up (the indicator had faded), no danger of that now though as you can insert it either way.

I hope this has helped, It's not easy to part with over £200 these days. Despite the price tag, this is excellent value for money, Apple are just way ahead of the competition these days.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect screen protector, 4 Nov 2012
Wanted a matte screen protector, when I opened it, it looked clear, like a gloss one, but I peeled the backing off and it was matte after all. LOVE IT, much better than those clear ones. doesn't reflect light and it gives your phones screen a soft, smooth feel. BUY THIS :)

Spada Nylon Unlined Waterproof Motorcycle Over trousers LG 34" Waist
Spada Nylon Unlined Waterproof Motorcycle Over trousers LG 34" Waist

4.0 out of 5 stars Baggy Waterproofs, 4 Nov 2012
They do the job very well but i'm 6'4 and need the waist band almost up to my chest to wear them properly...

Need For Speed Most Wanted - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Need For Speed Most Wanted - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)

3.0 out of 5 stars Modern nfs/burnout paradise, 4 Nov 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
First of all, the game sounds amazing: Open world, find and drive every car, incredible graphics and multiplayer.
Also, the previous attempt by EA in the NFS series was 'The Run', which you would have thought they would have learned from and not made the same mistake again.

So I bought it.

Good news is, the graphics do live up to the hype, the handling is decent (steering wheel recommended)and the races are exciting and winning feels like a real achievement. Oh and the cars sound unbelievably good.

Unfortunately, however, there are only 41 cars, some of which are non-exotic ie.. mitsubishi evo, ford focus, lancia delta etc... I have found 20 so far and the same ones keep appearing...
The map Is small, I have played for about 5 hours and Its getting old already.
The drive through garages paint your car a random colour.. a yellow ford focus.. no thanks.

I had hoped for an NFS-style Test Drive Unlimited with decent cops and a big map, but what we have is Burnout Paradise 2 with better graphics but without the amazing crashes and with a smaller map.
This could have been made so much better with a bigger map, more cars, upgrade shops and more spectacular crashes.

If you buy this game for racing, you won't find all the good cars.
If you buy this game for cruising, you'll get bored.

This game will get old, fast, a waste of £40 but I haven't played NFS since 2005 so I wanted to see how much it had improved.

I'm going back to Test Drive Unlimited and Forza until NFS catches up with the competition.

Page: 1 | 2