Profile for D. J. Wilcox > Reviews

Content by D. J. Wilcox

D. J. Wilcox (Nottinghamshire)

Page: 1 | 2
Big Mike's 72mm Close-Up Filter Set (+1, +2, +4 and +10 Diopters) Magnification Kit - Metal Rim For Nikon Coolpix P530 Digital Camera + Filter Adapter + More!!
Offered by Big Mikes Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Close-up and macro for nikon coolpix, 28 July 2015
An excellent set of kit for adding filters to nikon p520, 530 etc cameras to get really good macro and close-up wide angle photos. The adaptor fits nicely onto the lens using a fine allen key. I highly recommend this equipment.

Andrew James Powerful 300 Watt Red Hand Mixer With Chrome Beaters, Dough Hooks, 5 Speed With Turbo Button + Bonus Balloon Whisk
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Andrew James 300 watt mixer, 22 Sept. 2014
An excellent piece of kit. I bought it for my wife as she does a lot of baking and she is extremely pleased with the mixer. It arrived on time and I recommend the seller to everyone.

Carry On, Jeeves: (Jeeves & Wooster) (Jeeves & Wooster Series Book 3)
Carry On, Jeeves: (Jeeves & Wooster) (Jeeves & Wooster Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars P G Wodehouse books, 16 Aug. 2014
Ever since Stephen Fry recommended P G Wodehouse, I've read all the Blandings stuff I can get and now I've started on the Jeeves and Wooster stuff. I've got the full dvd set and the books are proving to be brilliant. I've downloaded two more omnibus books to my kindle and can't wait to get into them. Not only are the books entertainingly funny, but also give an insight to the social history of the era (inter-war period).

William the Good (Just William Book 9)
William the Good (Just William Book 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just William, 16 Aug. 2014
Mind you, I am biased. I've always loved the William books. However, after buying the dvd of the recent tv series, with Daniel Roche, for my grandchildren, I can't get enough. Unfortunately I think I've now read the lot!

Pigs Have Wings: (Blandings Castle)
Pigs Have Wings: (Blandings Castle)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic story from PGW, 4 Jun. 2014
Yet again, the Empress of Blandings is under threat of being underhandedly treated by rivals in order for her to lose the fattest pig contest, along with the usual love trist. But it all turns out well in the end.

William Again - TV Tie-in edition: 90th Anniversary Edition (Just William Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, innocent fun., 27 May 2014
Great to read these books again. They were originally for adults anyway. So funny in an innocent sort of way. My 1950s school memories were rekindled, as nothing had really changed from when tne books were first written.

Weeds: The Story of Outlaw Plants
Weeds: The Story of Outlaw Plants

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read for wildlife gardeners, 25 Mar. 2014
I am very interested in nature and I garden for wildlife. Wildflowers that some people regard as 'weeds' (and that is their right to do so) are the mainstay of the flora in my wildlife garden, along with more 'cultivated' varieties. So to read about where many of these plants originated is fascinating to me. It lets me know I'm on the right track. I'd recommend this book to all those interested in wild plants and wildlife in general. I read it as an ebook on an original Kindle, so probably missed out on any quality illustrations, but this didn't detract from the book.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Green Man plaque, 2 Feb. 2014
The plaque arrived well on time, was extremely well packaged to keep it safe, and is a sturdy, robust item made of strong stuff. It is ideal for outdoors and is a good size and pleasing green finish. Will use the company again when I need anything else of this nature.

Life on Mars - Complete BBC Series 1-2 (New Packaging) [DVD]
Life on Mars - Complete BBC Series 1-2 (New Packaging) [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Simm
Offered by Copeylad

5.0 out of 5 stars Life On Mars dvd complete series, 28 Oct. 2013
Loved it on TV first time round. Wanted to see it again . Just as good as I remembered. Highly recommend.

5 x Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) 60-90cm bareroot (a137)
5 x Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) 60-90cm bareroot (a137)

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy plants, 20 April 2013
Planted the young Rosa canina plants in winter when I received them. They look healthy and strong and have grown since being planted. Plenty of leaf buds, and some leaves. This is a climbing plant and so needs planting where it can entwine round other trees, bushes etc.

Page: 1 | 2