Profile for D. J. Wilcox > Reviews

Content by D. J. Wilcox

D. J. Wilcox (Nottinghamshire)

Page: 1 | 2
Pigs Have Wings: (Blandings Castle)
Pigs Have Wings: (Blandings Castle)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic story from PGW, 4 Jun 2014
Yet again, the Empress of Blandings is under threat of being underhandedly treated by rivals in order for her to lose the fattest pig contest, along with the usual love trist. But it all turns out well in the end.

William Again - TV Tie-in edition (Just William TV Tie in)
William Again - TV Tie-in edition (Just William TV Tie in)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, innocent fun., 27 May 2014
Great to read these books again. They were originally for adults anyway. So funny in an innocent sort of way. My 1950s school memories were rekindled, as nothing had really changed from when tne books were first written.

Weeds: The Story of Outlaw Plants
Weeds: The Story of Outlaw Plants
Price: 4.63

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read for wildlife gardeners, 25 Mar 2014
I am very interested in nature and I garden for wildlife. Wildflowers that some people regard as 'weeds' (and that is their right to do so) are the mainstay of the flora in my wildlife garden, along with more 'cultivated' varieties. So to read about where many of these plants originated is fascinating to me. It lets me know I'm on the right track. I'd recommend this book to all those interested in wild plants and wildlife in general. I read it as an ebook on an original Kindle, so probably missed out on any quality illustrations, but this didn't detract from the book.

ROUND GREEN MAN WALL PLAQUE
ROUND GREEN MAN WALL PLAQUE

5.0 out of 5 stars Green Man plaque, 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: ROUND GREEN MAN WALL PLAQUE
The plaque arrived well on time, was extremely well packaged to keep it safe, and is a sturdy, robust item made of strong stuff. It is ideal for outdoors and is a good size and pleasing green finish. Will use the company again when I need anything else of this nature.

Life on Mars - Complete BBC Series 1-2 (New Packaging) [DVD]
Life on Mars - Complete BBC Series 1-2 (New Packaging) [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Simm
Price: 15.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Life On Mars dvd complete series, 28 Oct 2013
Loved it on TV first time round. Wanted to see it again . Just as good as I remembered. Highly recommend.

5 x Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) 60-90cm bareroot (a137)
5 x Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) 60-90cm bareroot (a137)

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy plants, 20 April 2013
Planted the young Rosa canina plants in winter when I received them. They look healthy and strong and have grown since being planted. Plenty of leaf buds, and some leaves. This is a climbing plant and so needs planting where it can entwine round other trees, bushes etc.

(PLASTIC) 300mm x 200mm x 3mm PRIVATE NO PARKING SIGN (WB)
(PLASTIC) 300mm x 200mm x 3mm PRIVATE NO PARKING SIGN (WB)
Offered by UK PRINT SHOP
Price: 3.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 20 April 2013
Strong, easy to drill signs that are clear and to the point. Ours are on a wooden fence outside our house on a private road and seem to be doing the job effectively.

The Beauty in the Beast: Britain's Favourite Creatures and the People Who Love Them
Price: 6.61

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for wildlife lovers, 8 Mar 2013
I haven't read all the book yet, as I like to read a chapter at a time because they are all self-contained ie: each one about a different animal.
What I have read has been very interesting and puts over well each person's love of their particular animal, and why they are so passionate about it. It's a hard book to put down really, but I make myself leave it for a while and this increases my appetite!

Pandora Charm Sterling Silver 925 790964 (Does Not Come in Pandora Box)
Pandora Charm Sterling Silver 925 790964 (Does Not Come in Pandora Box)
Price: 16.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Valentine's Day gift, 14 Feb 2013
I bought this for my wife as a Valentine's Day gift and she is extremely pleased with it, and has added it to her Pandora bracelet. It got me some 'brownie points', so I'm pleased too! I'd recommend it to anyone who is adding to a Pandora bracelet.

Ex-Pro Nikon EN-EL5, ENEL5, MH-61, MH61 Fast Travel-Pro Charger Nikon Coolpix [See Description for Models]
Offered by ExpressPro
Price: 8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery Charger, 6 Dec 2012
This arrived separately as part of a package deal and was delivered quickly. It works well and is very necessary, as otherwise you have to charge the Nikon camera battery while it is still in the camera. Better to charge a spare battery up separately and have it ready to put in. Good quality item, at a good price.

Page: 1 | 2