Profile for M. Smith > Reviews

Content by M. Smith

M. Smith "w1tchcraft" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Vaavud Smartphone Wind Meter for iPhone, Galaxy, HTC One - Red
Vaavud Smartphone Wind Meter for iPhone, Galaxy, HTC One - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 9 Feb. 2016
It simply works, its elegant and was a great present!

NETGEAR XAVB5221-100UKS 1 Port  500 Mbps Powerline Adapter (Pack of 2)
NETGEAR XAVB5221-100UKS 1 Port 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter (Pack of 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good up to a point, 9 Feb. 2016
Neat small form factor, easy to use and simple to add extra adapters. Sadly though the rate is very poor they will never achieve the 500 Mbps as they are only fitted with 100Mbps Ethernet ports and in practice we got around 45-60Mbps out of them, slightly better than the 85Mbps Powerline adapters they replaced. OK for web browsing but way too slow for moving large files around. I eventually cabled the house out in Cat 6 and now have Gigabit Ethernet - much better!

Parasene Heavy Duty Navvy Wheelbarrow
Parasene Heavy Duty Navvy Wheelbarrow

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended., 14 Oct. 2014
Very poorly manufactured indeed, the parts hardly fit and the instructions certainly aren't Ikea quality. Its is a long way from the site barrow it tries to be with quite flimsy parts. The actual hopper had a hammered look to it. Not recommended.

Samsung HW-H750 320W Wireless Sound Bar System for Home Theatre
Samsung HW-H750 320W Wireless Sound Bar System for Home Theatre

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 25 Jun. 2014
I have one of these in the UK and use it for TV sound via HDMI ARC and my Sony TV drives the sound bar well My Apple TV is linked to the sound bar via the TV and HDMi and direct via TOSLINK allowing me to play iTunes through from my iPhone or Macs without having the TV set on - wonderful (I have to use the Samsung remote to turn the sound bar on this way) but other than that in either mode the driving device'e remote control TV or iPhone controls the sound bar - excellent. My only slight issue with the bar is one can't change the valves (as we call tubes here) seemingly - a shame. I think the device is great, turn down the LEDs lighting the base of the valves and you can see the cathode heaters. Its not audiophile kit but it is infinitely better than the speaker in my telly and I haven't need to get a room full of plasticky 5.1 speakers + cables. Recommended.

Samsung HW-H750 - soundbar speakers (320 W, 4.1, Dolby Digital, DTS, Built-in, Wireless, 49 W)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 25 Jun. 2014

Recommended (though not at the price its currently advertised at here - have a look on the net)

Swift Faringdon Collection Bakers Pride Non-Stick French Bread Pan Carbon Steel 39 cm x 16 cm x 2.5 cm
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 6 Mar. 2014
A great way of making baguettes in a domestic oven - good non stick and dead easy to use - recommended.

Mason Cash Terracotta Baking Stone
Mason Cash Terracotta Baking Stone
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 Mar. 2014
The best bit of kit for a home baker - hugely improves the first bounce (the amount the loaf rises when first put in the oven), my stone is now warped, discoloured and grubby but I love it - all of our family's bread comes off it!

ION iCUE3 Discover DJ Computer DJ System
ION iCUE3 Discover DJ Computer DJ System

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor software and limited hardware support, 18 July 2011
No idea how good the product is as it isn't supported on Power PC architecture Macs - which isn't mentioned on any packaging, spec sheets or instructions. I have one very disappointed 11 year old who has just exictedly opened it.

Its now working on my laptop (Intel Mac Book Pro) (rather than my son's Mac G5 machine) and it has issues with the included software not recognising the iTunes library and has to be driven out of the "explorer" window.

The unit has now failed after about two hour's continuous use and will be returned - all in all a poor product.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2011 8:53 AM BST

Nikon AF-S DX 3,5-5,6/18-55 G VR (52 mm Filter Thread)
Nikon AF-S DX 3,5-5,6/18-55 G VR (52 mm Filter Thread)

4.0 out of 5 stars A great lens but a grey import, 3 Jun. 2011
A really superb lens - highly recommended just be aware that this does not come with a Nikon UK warranty

OXX Digital ALTO WiFi Internet Radio
OXX Digital ALTO WiFi Internet Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of kit, 7 April 2010
As we live in the bottom of a valley with no FM or DAB signal this is a god send. Very easy to set up, great sound and very robust quality construction are all impressive features.

No more hisssss on the radio in our house now

Recommended.