Profile for Mr. M. Smith > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. Smith

Mr. M. Smith "w1tchcraft" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung HW-H750 320W Wireless Sound Bar System for Home Theatre
Samsung HW-H750 320W Wireless Sound Bar System for Home Theatre
Offered by Electrical Experience

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 25 Jun 2014
I have one of these in the UK and use it for TV sound via HDMI ARC and my Sony TV drives the sound bar well My Apple TV is linked to the sound bar via the TV and HDMi and direct via TOSLINK allowing me to play iTunes through from my iPhone or Macs without having the TV set on - wonderful (I have to use the Samsung remote to turn the sound bar on this way) but other than that in either mode the driving device'e remote control TV or iPhone controls the sound bar - excellent. My only slight issue with the bar is one can't change the valves (as we call tubes here) seemingly - a shame. I think the device is great, turn down the LEDs lighting the base of the valves and you can see the cathode heaters. Its not audiophile kit but it is infinitely better than the speaker in my telly and I haven't need to get a room full of plasticky 5.1 speakers + cables. Recommended.

Samsung HW-H750 - 46" HW-H750 4.1 Channel Soundbar - 46" Black Soundbar 4.1 Channel 320 Watts Wireless Active Subwoofer 2 x HDMI Connection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 25 Jun 2014

Recommended (though not at the price its currently advertised at here - have a look on the net)

Swift Faringdon Collection Bakers Pride Non-Stick French Bread Pan Carbon Steel 39 cm x 16 cm x 2.5 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 6 Mar 2014
A great way of making baguettes in a domestic oven - good non stick and dead easy to use - recommended.

Mason Cash Terracotta Baking Stone
Mason Cash Terracotta Baking Stone
Offered by Bargain Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 Mar 2014
The best bit of kit for a home baker - hugely improves the first bounce (the amount the loaf rises when first put in the oven), my stone is now warped, discoloured and grubby but I love it - all of our family's bread comes off it!

ION iCUE3 Discover DJ Computer DJ System
ION iCUE3 Discover DJ Computer DJ System
Offered by Appods

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor software and limited hardware support, 18 July 2011
No idea how good the product is as it isn't supported on Power PC architecture Macs - which isn't mentioned on any packaging, spec sheets or instructions. I have one very disappointed 11 year old who has just exictedly opened it.

Its now working on my laptop (Intel Mac Book Pro) (rather than my son's Mac G5 machine) and it has issues with the included software not recognising the iTunes library and has to be driven out of the "explorer" window.

The unit has now failed after about two hour's continuous use and will be returned - all in all a poor product.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2011 8:53 AM BST

Nikon AF-S DX 3,5-5,6/18-55 G VR (52 mm Filter Thread)
Nikon AF-S DX 3,5-5,6/18-55 G VR (52 mm Filter Thread)

4.0 out of 5 stars A great lens but a grey import, 3 Jun 2011
A really superb lens - highly recommended just be aware that this does not come with a Nikon UK warranty

OXX Digital ALTO WiFi Internet Radio
OXX Digital ALTO WiFi Internet Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of kit, 7 April 2010
As we live in the bottom of a valley with no FM or DAB signal this is a god send. Very easy to set up, great sound and very robust quality construction are all impressive features.

No more hisssss on the radio in our house now

Recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2010 12:11 PM BST

Dinghy Sailing: Start to Finish (Wiley Nautical)
Dinghy Sailing: Start to Finish (Wiley Nautical)
by Barry Pickthall

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 Jan 2010
This is a really good book covering all the basics right up to more advanced techniques too. The Laser product placement jars a bit but that is only a small criticism of a readable, understandable guide to a great sport.

Belkin Wireless G Universal Range Extender (discontinued by manufacturer)
Belkin Wireless G Universal Range Extender (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 5 Dec 2009
Utter rubbish, the web interface is very flaky and the device needs to be powered down between each "apply" process. The instructions are beyond useless and the range extension when you do final get it going isn't great either.

Its a pity they don't do no stars for reviews.

Lite-on 5045 Dual Format DVD Recorder with 160GB Hard Drive
Lite-on 5045 Dual Format DVD Recorder with 160GB Hard Drive

1.0 out of 5 stars Pity they don't do no stars, 5 Jan 2006
Lite On have wasted a great lead here with this piece of untested rubbish. We have just returned our second one of these to Amazon (great after sales service by the way) and bought the Sony version.
Both machines failed with completely random operation and the second one also needed the door to be prised open if a DVD had been left in and the machine put on standby.
We had updated the firmware on both machines.
The remote control is a bit cheap too.
I would be very sure you want the extra 90GB before getting one!

Page: 1 | 2