Profile for fizzy > Reviews

fizzy (Ireland)

Clarks Unloop
Clarks Unloop
Price: £50.00 - £99.25

4.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate in comfort, but the sizing is all over the place!, 3 July 2015
This review is from: Clarks Unloop (Shoes)
If you can get the size right for you, these shoes are ultra comfortable. You can walk forever in them & they feel as good as comfy trainers with a smarter look. I'm not actually that keen on the look of them, as they emphasise a large foot with the wide clog styling, but comfort wins out. As if having size 9 feet isn't bad enough I have very awkward feet, and find it nigh impossible to find shoes in my size that are comfortable & don't hurt my feet after a time or give me blisters etc. These shoes are the answer - I literally live in them.
A big warning re sizing follows though, particularly for people looking to replace an existing pair:
I bought size 9 in standard D fit 18 months ago. It was roomy as 9s go, so much so I took time to decide between an 8 & 9 in the shop, even though hardly any 8s fit me.
Now I needed a new pair, ordered the same again & the size 9 D is MUCH more narrow. It was so uncomfortable I had to return it, even though it is supposed to be the exact same style and size! When you put the old and new shoe beside each other you can clearly see the difference.
So I ordered the size 9 E wide fit instead and it's MUCH bigger. The width is right now (about the same width as the old 9 D) but it is huge around the ankle - more so than any shoe I've ever worn. I feel the movement around my ankle when I walk, but it's a good fit for the front of my foot and I will adjust to the loose fit. Perhaps a size 8 E would be large enough instead, but I'm giving up at this stage as I need them for a holiday.

Organic Surge Gentle Meadow Hand Wash 250ml
Organic Surge Gentle Meadow Hand Wash 250ml
Offered by Unity Goods

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice to use, good value, 28 July 2014
I'm prone to eczema and dryness on my hands but found this hand wash lovely to use. At 250ml, it would fit in small spaces etc.

I'm not too keen on the smell - it's far more geranium than lavender - but it's not overpowering and doesn't linger.

Overall it's good value and great to find a product that I can use long term without aggravating my skin issues.

Greenscape Organic Cocoa Butter Natural Soap Free Foaming Hand Wash 500ml
Greenscape Organic Cocoa Butter Natural Soap Free Foaming Hand Wash 500ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Good foam, strong pleasant smell - worth trying, 28 July 2014
The smell from this hand wash lingers - it's there on your hands a good while after using it, and in fact half my apartment smelled of it initially until we got used to it! It is a nice smell though, so could be useful in the kitchen etc where there may be cooking odours etc.

The bottle lasts a good while and the foam works well. Just be aware that you can't decant some into other containers as it's the dispenser in this bottle that turns it from a thin liquid into foam.

I am only giving 4 stars because unfortunately this hand wash did not suit my hands. I'm prone to eczema / dryness and after about a week the backs of my hands were getting a bit scaly etc. I found the Naturally European range on Amazon suited my hands well e.g. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Naturally-European-Petal-Luxury-500ml/dp/B00BXAISN2

However, my partner loves using this, and being a typical man, he does not normally even notice what hand wash is in the bathroom, so that's high praise indeed! :)

Naturally European Rose Petal Luxury Hand Wash 500ml
Naturally European Rose Petal Luxury Hand Wash 500ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely to use & looks the part, 28 July 2014
I'm prone to eczema on my hands and have to be very careful about hand wash. Even some SLS free ones have left my hands dry or irritated. This one is lovely to use though. It lasts ages and I've had no issues with my hands throughout.
The bottle looks smart also and the dispenser works right down to the end of the bottle so there is no waste.
Floral scents are not really up my street, but if you are into them you will love the smell of this! It's not artificial smelling or overpowering.

Neet® - 3 Port HDMI AUTO SWITCH BOX with REMOTE - 3x1 HUB (3 way input 1 output) - 1080p Full HD - v1.3b HDMI Switcher
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm with Apple TV - just remember you need an extra HD cable for the switch!, 15 April 2013
I was concerned that a HDMI switch would not work with Apple TV having read many horror stories about how temperamental switches can be and how the Apple TV does not drop its signal which can cause problems. There was no need to worry because this switch just works like magic!
I bought this model because it has a remote in case the automatic switching did not work and also bought the 5v POWER SUPPLY For Neet® Switch - Neet® Lifetime warrantyin case that was needed, but it turns out that I didn't need either - everything just works like a charm.
It comes with good instructions explaining how to deal with problematic devices etc. I connected the Apple TV to input 1 following this advice, and a DVD player to input 2 and it works exactly as I want - the DVD player overrides the Apple TV if both devices are on, and the right device works if just one is on. I have tried this out with 2 different TVs (a Sony and Philips). Everything works as well as if they were on 2 different ports. I got this for my mum in her 60s and am confident that it will keep working without issue and she can just use her DVD and Apple TV without knowing anything about a switch.
Just remember that you will need an extra HDMI cable when using the switch i.e. a cable for each device and then a cable from the TV to the switch. This sounds obvious I know, but I forgot until I had everything in front of me to set up and was a cable short :)

MODx Web Development
MODx Web Development
by Antano Solar John

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful for beginners, 18 Jun. 2009
This review is from: MODx Web Development (Paperback)
At the time of writing, this book is the only book about MODx.
There are lots of good online resources now to help you get up and running, but I'm one of those people that still prefers to learn about technical topics from a book.
This book takes a fairly gentle pace for the most part, and is best suited to those new to MODx, and perhaps even content management systems in general. I came to the book having a basic recollection of MODx after using it a few years ago, and I found it beneficial as a refresher aid.
The writing is a bit pedestrian, and there are a few typos - it's not a classic that you will refer to again and again - but if you like learning from books, it should help you get up and running with MODx. It's a fairly easy read which makes MODx accessible, even to those without much technical knowledge.