Profile for Ski Racer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sony Clock Radio Dock for iPhone/iPod - Black
Sony Clock Radio Dock for iPhone/iPod - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, love the remote control., 28 Mar. 2013
For someone who is addicted to Radio 4, it is essential to have a DAB radio in every room. This one has a small remote control and a switch to reduce the display light. Perfect for my bedroom.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2013 9:42 PM BST

Napiers Hebridean Seagreens Organic Kelp Capsules (90 Capsules)
Napiers Hebridean Seagreens Organic Kelp Capsules (90 Capsules)
Offered by All Mall Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Deliciously green.., 28 Mar. 2013
Reminds me of the sea. My hair and nails are in better condition. Good quality product and I am sure it's doing me good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2013 9:44 PM BST

Fungi Nail Anti-Fungal Solution - 1 Fl Oz
Fungi Nail Anti-Fungal Solution - 1 Fl Oz
Offered by Wholesale UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fungi Nail, 10 Dec. 2012
This product really works. I had Athlete's Foot which invaded my toe nail. I tried everything -most had a temporary effect but Fungi Nail is different. I have seen a huge improvement.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2013 1:42 PM BST

A Royal Affair [DVD] [2012]
A Royal Affair [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Mads Mikkelsen

5.0 out of 5 stars A Royal Affair, 8 Nov. 2012
This review is from: A Royal Affair [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
An interesting film, so well acted that it was easy to immerse yourself in a Danish language film. Didn't like the white subtitles much but it was very very well worth persevering to understand this fascinating tale. Beautiful staging of an original story. Mads Mikkelsen is mesmerising.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2013 9:46 PM BST

Apple iPod classic 160 GB Black - 7th Generation
Apple iPod classic 160 GB Black - 7th Generation
Offered by High-end Laptops & More

5.0 out of 5 stars Ipod Classic 160gb, 27 Feb. 2012
This has to be one of the best ipods ever with a huge storage capacity and impressive sound. I have had several ipods (nano, classic, touch and the ipad) and although I love the ipod touch and my ipad, the largest capacity for both is 64gb which is quickly filled up. I use the classic for hundreds of audio books (thank you Audible!), podcasts and of course loads of CDs.
The sound on the 7th generation is better because of an upgrade to the hard drive -apparently. Geeks will know more than me about this than me. All I can say is that if you are a serious listener you need this ipod.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2013 9:37 PM BST

Woman in Black [DVD] [1989] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Woman in Black [DVD] [1989] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars The Woman in Black 1989 versus 2012, 16 Feb. 2012
The 1989 version is so psychologically scary that many years after first watching it, I scare myself when I think of the evil emanating from the woman in black. Special effects are primitive but all the more chilling for it. It's a superb version. The 2012 version is frightening but in a more sophisticated way. A very good film with an impressive cast (as the original version has too) and this film answers the questions left by the first film.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2013 9:47 PM BST

Grow Your Own (The Allotment) [DVD] [2007]
Grow Your Own (The Allotment) [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Benedict Wong

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to watch. A gem to buy and watch again., 28 Jan. 2012
I saw this film by accident when the television was on in the background. After a few minutes, I put the laptop down and watched. I am so glad I did. What a lovely, typically British, gentle film. Perfectly acted with a genuinely funny and poignant story. What a gem!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2013 9:48 PM BST

Just My Type: A Book About Fonts
Just My Type: A Book About Fonts
by Simon Garfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Just My Type: A Book About Fonts, 23 Dec. 2011
I first heard this book serialised on Radio 4, narrated by the sublime Julian Rhind-Tutt. It was a fascinating subject area which I knew little about. I just had to get the book. It is such a joy to read background information on every possible font. Once again, Radio 4 is responsible for informing and educating me in those areas I didn't expect to find interesting. The book is excellent.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2013 9:49 PM BST

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 [DVD]
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kristen Stewart

1.0 out of 5 stars Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1, 26 Nov. 2011
Truly awful, almost unwatchable...only for the very extreme hardened fans who can bear to sit through this appalling drivel. Repetitive and hackneyed, the story ends in a totally expected "surprise". Even the actors needed to think about why they were still doing this (for the money) because it did not warrant yet another instalment of this franchise artistically.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2011 12:32 PM GMT

Organic Stollen Spice Mix 40g Standard Jar
Organic Stollen Spice Mix 40g Standard Jar
Offered by Steenbergs

5.0 out of 5 stars Organic Stollen Spice Mix, 9 Nov. 2011
I have always used the spices I have in my cupboard, with varying levels of freshness depending on how often I bake stollen. I sometimes use too much of one spice leading to an unbalanced taste. This is ready mixed, smells wonderful and is organic! The mix has really given me an incentive to start baking. I will be preparing my first Christstollen this week.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2013 9:52 PM BST