Profile for Joe Lennox > Reviews

Joe Lennox

Kenwood Stand Mixer KMC010 Chef Titanium, Silver
Kenwood Stand Mixer KMC010 Chef Titanium, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 7 Feb. 2013
We bought this because we both enjoy cooking. What a joy to use! It has everything. It has a real presence in the kitchen, clean utilitarian lines with elegance. In use it has a reasuring solidity with the feel of metal and glass, and the power to tackle any job you care to give it. Learning to use it is easy as is cleaning afterwards, such an essential in any kitchen appliance. A true design classic that has been constnantly improved and honed to perfection by engineers who clearly know and love the machine.

Coming Up for Air (Penguin Modern Classics)
Coming Up for Air (Penguin Modern Classics)
by George Orwell

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine rendition of boyhood, 7 Feb. 2013
Orwell is a master and once I turned the first couple of pages I remembered why. This evocatation of a time now well past has so many resonences with the childhood that I had in the 50s and 60s. He writes so well that, even though we were separated by half the country and half a century of time, I could sense that we had shared experience. The love of the countryside and all that is in it is juxtaposed with a desire to kill small animals. The fascination with life yet the desire to capture it is there too. Throughout is the gathering cloud of war made all the more chilling because the storm of the previous war has only just gone by. There are some awful insights into the sexual politics of marriage in the early part of the 20th century. It was my second visit to the book and I was very pleased I'd gone back to it.

AG13 - 357 - LR44 button cell watch batteries for Watches, LED torches - 10 Pack
Offered by Sale2Save

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient and inexpensive, 26 Feb. 2011
Thanks for a good experience. Although this was a very small item in cash terms it still came post free and within a few days. Well done.