Profile for Helen > Reviews

Helen

Witch Child
Witch Child

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't grab me, 27 July 2014
This review is from: Witch Child (Kindle Edition)
Rather slow-moving by modern standards, but atmospheric nonetheless.

Natural Cleaning Solutions: 37+ Simple, Eco-Friendly Recipes For Everyday Cleaning (100% Safe Ingredients)

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 17 Jun. 2014
This is a good buy. Some good ideas for natural cleaning, which I hope to try out in due course. Some of the 'recipes' became a little samey after a while, though.

Cafe Tasse Extra Dark 77% Chocolate 100 g (Pack of 4)
Cafe Tasse Extra Dark 77% Chocolate 100 g (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous smooth dark chocolate, 17 Jun. 2014
This chocolate is to die for - rich and smooth, without any of the bitterness of inferior brands bespite its 77% cocoa content. Worth that little bit extra!

A Girl Called Jack: 100 delicious budget recipes
A Girl Called Jack: 100 delicious budget recipes

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 30 May 2014
The recipes get a little samey after a while, as the choice of ingredients is so limited due to a tight budget, but it was still a very interesting read, and I admire Jack for what she has achieved. Some of the soda bread recipes are interesting and and creative and well worth trying - you can always tweak them with your own additions if your budget allows. It was very humbling to read Jack's story and made me feel very grateful for the luxuries that I have.

How To Get Rid Of Warts
How To Get Rid Of Warts

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 30 May 2014
This book contains virtually no useful information - in fact, I could probably have written it myself. You will get more sensible, and FREE, advice from scouring the Internet for tips on wart removal.

My Year of Meats
My Year of Meats

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read if you like something a bit different, 12 May 2014
This review is from: My Year of Meats (Kindle Edition)
A really enjoyable book with an unusual storyline. The way the story of the narrator and the Japanese housewife is interweaved and come together at the end makes for a satisfying conclusion. Having finished this book I immediately ordered another Ruth Ozeki book for my Kindle, so hope that proves to be as good!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and fast delivery., 20 Dec. 2011
These socks are great - lovely loose tops stop them from constricting the blood flow, while still staying put and keeping your feet warm. My Dad was delighted with them, so much so that I then purchased some HJ Hall softop socks for myself, which I am very pleased with. They seem to keep my feet warmer than other socks of the same thickness, presumably because blood supply to the feet is maintained.