Profile for missismac > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Scarifyers: The King of Winter
The Scarifyers: The King of Winter
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars What a joy to get another audio book of the Scarifyers, 2 Dec. 2014
What a joy to get another audio book of the Scarifyers. What a great story line about a kind of twisted Santa who wants to bring about eternal winter. The acting is great and the story lines full of humour and devilry. Bring on the next instalment to add to my collection. Love the Scarifyers!

The Scorchies (Doctor Who: The Companion Chronicles)
The Scorchies (Doctor Who: The Companion Chronicles)
by James Goss
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this and will never be able to watch Bagpuss ..., 2 Dec. 2014
I loved this and will never be able to watch Bagpuss again without a shudder at the thought of those homicidal mice. I have listened to it several times and it just gets better. Melvin Hayes and Katy Manning did a great job of the voices. Terrific.

Jago & Litefoot: Encore of the Scorchies, The Backwards Men, Jago & Litefoot & Patsy, Higson & Quick
by James Goss
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars I think Jago and Lightfoot are great characters and the story lines are terrific, 2 Dec. 2014
I think Jago and Lightfoot are great characters and the story lines are terrific. The Scorchies were terrifying (for puppets) and I loved the introduction of Patsy to the line-up. I was worried that the last cd called Higson and Quick would not feature the Infernal Investigators but I need not have worried. It was up to Ellie to sort out the boys who went to the bad! The series has equal amounts of humour, mystery, and horror. Bring on Series 9 to add to my collection.

Kipling Women's Eldorado Cross-Body Bag K1373261G Vivid Purple
Kipling Women's Eldorado Cross-Body Bag K1373261G Vivid Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little bag, 7 Jun. 2014
Not the biggest bag in the world but it has a great colour and loads of places to store stuff. Such a good price too. I am well pleased. Well done Amazon for providing such a good and prompt service.

The Scarifyers: The Magic Circle
The Scarifyers: The Magic Circle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun with a touch of pathos, 7 Jun. 2014
I was a touch apprehensive when I purchased this audio book as the great Nicholas Courtney had passed away and David Warner took his place but I need not have worried. David Warner has done a great job although he could never fill the shoes of Nicholas Courtney. It was scary, it was funny, and a bit sad but the stories are cracking. I recommend the whole series although I do prefer the earlier (Lovecraftian) stories. Long may they continued to scare!

102 Ways to Write a Novel
102 Ways to Write a Novel
by Alex Quick

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for budding writers, 7 Jun. 2014
This book is crammed full of useful tips when taking up creative writing. The chapters are so small and, therefore, easy to dip into for inspiration. I showed it to members of my creative writing class and they were impressed. I don't know whether you will be writing and publishing a blockbuster after purchasing this book but I may help!

Kipling Women's Delphin Shoulder Bag Lacquer Black K10771952
Kipling Women's Delphin Shoulder Bag Lacquer Black K10771952

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little bag, 7 Jun. 2014
I have developed a lust for Kipling bags since I saw them on the QVC channel. They are a considered purchase if you are on a budget but I was delighted to see this one at such a bargain price. It came very quickly (days before something ordered at the same time from QVC). Admittedly it is not the biggest of shoulder bags but its redeeming feature is that it has lots of places to store stuff safely and the fabric is expensive looking. I am glad that I took the trouble to do a little surfing to get such a bargain. Well done Amazon.

Doctor Who And The Talons Of Weng-Chiang
Doctor Who And The Talons Of Weng-Chiang
by Terrance Dicks

5.0 out of 5 stars Jago and Litefoot meet Dr Who, 26 Mar. 2013
I bought the Jago and Litefoot series without realising that they were originally in this Dr Who episode. The Talons of Weng Chiang is when they first meet up. Having listened to the Jago and Litefoot series first I then decided to purchase the cd Talons of Weng Chiang. It is a cracking story with lots of spooky and gory bits. Not finished it yet but I am savouring the finale when the ultra bad guy, hopefully, gets his just desserts.

The Scarifyers: The Nazad Conspiracy
The Scarifyers: The Nazad Conspiracy

5.0 out of 5 stars The scarifyer series, 26 Mar. 2013
I love the Scarifiers and have bought them all. They are extremely funny whilst appealing to those who like their stories on the supernatural/scary side. The actors are first-class and so are the scripts. My favourite is the Devil of Denge Marsh which I believe is number 2 in the series. You will love this especially if you are a fan of H P Lovecraft.

Jago & Litefoot
Jago & Litefoot
by Justin Richards

4.0 out of 5 stars The dynamic duo of Jago and Litefoot, 26 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Jago & Litefoot (Audio CD)
I am so glad that I have been introduced to the Jago and Litefoot series. I like the way that there is a theme running through all the stories that relate to one 'baddie'. However, series 3 is very good but the first two series are even better and highly recommended especially if you enjoy listening to stories relating to the weird and definitely creepy. Every series leaves you with a cliffhanger ending so you are encouraged to buy the next. I am listening to the Talons of Weng Chian at the moment which is a forerunner to the series. This is excellent too and great for Dr Who fans.

Page: 1 | 2