Profile for Taymar > Reviews

Together or apart - assessing siblings for permanent placement
by Jenifer Lord
Price: 6.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Good book - some helpful tips.

Ten top tips for placing siblings

The White Cuckoo
The White Cuckoo
Price: 0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, 9 April 2014
This review is from: The White Cuckoo (Kindle Edition)
This is a sweet story. Some which is considered a mystery is rather 'obvious' (eg the strange looking teenagers..), there are clues at the beginning 're the 'twin'....the romance part is nicely written. What is a shame is no obvious link is found between Tammy and Jessie, which given their appearance and the apparent significance of the cuckoo charm. Also, it's rather a shame Tammy didn't venture to Jessie' s old home - something which was mooted but doesn't happen...perhaps she would have found the cross stitch? Pleasant and easy reading.

Hollow City: The Second Novel of Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children
Hollow City: The Second Novel of Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children
Price: 6.52

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 2 April 2014
I personally don't like 'fantasy' type fiction, however, with this series I have made an exception. The story evolves and the author often describes fantastic things, only for there then to be a vintage photograph. I do like how the characters encountered and the places are inspired in this way. I can't wait for the next book to know the developments of Jacob and the peculiar children/world.......

The Book Thief
The Book Thief
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Book Thief (Kindle Edition)
Narrated by death himself, this book portrays a wartime experience of a young girl living in a small German town. Being British with knowledge the British wartime experience through reading/media etc, whilst a work of fiction, it was interesting to read about the effects of the war on everyday Germans. A lovely read which had me hooked.

Heavy Duty Rubber Ring Mats 100cm x 150cm x 17mm - Stable Horse Play Area Gate
Heavy Duty Rubber Ring Mats 100cm x 150cm x 17mm - Stable Horse Play Area Gate

5.0 out of 5 stars super item - good value, 24 Feb 2014
Arrived quickly and work well where we wanted them, which is to protect the front lawn where we drive over it and walk. Due to the heavy rain it has sometimes been a bit squishy, but without these mats the grass would have been really churned up.

THE CHRISTMAS CHOCOLATIER (The Tea Shop & Tearoom Series Book 2)
THE CHRISTMAS CHOCOLATIER (The Tea Shop & Tearoom Series Book 2)
Price: 0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick read, 13 Dec 2013
This is a quick read which is, I think the positive part of the book....my opinion is that it is full of annoying cliches and naively written. Did I get the feel good factor? Not at all.

500pcs Natural False Nails (Full)
500pcs Natural False Nails (Full)
Offered by Come 2 Buy
Price: 2.44

1.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTED, 17 Nov 2013
I bought these as they said they were full nails and the picture shows full nails. Sadly I received tips (like you have for gel/acrylic nails) which are use less to me. Total waste of money for me as they weren't what I ordered or what I wanted.

The Detective's Daughter
The Detective's Daughter
Price: 2.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 17 Aug 2013
A bit slow to start and slightly confused by characters, I really rather got into this book. Well written and kept me reading, even when I had 'solved it'. Does make you think about your parents though....spending time together, their memories and making the most of that while you can...things are not always as they seem.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5