Profile for Rob > Reviews

The Wolf of Wall Street [DVD] [2013]
The Wolf of Wall Street [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good. DiCaprio Excellent., 31 July 2014
Excellent film. I thought 3 hours would go slowly but was very enjoyable. Slightly uncomfortable subject at times but a good film needs that. DiCaprio was his usual brilliant self. Supporting cast were also very good. Well worth a watch unless you're easily offended but drugs, gratuitous sex and greed!

American Hustle
American Hustle
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like this film but so disappointed after all the hype, 31 July 2014
This review is from: American Hustle (DVD)
I really wanted to like this film but so disappointed after all the hype. Had such great potential what with the era, music, etc, but I was left very flat. Couple of good scenes but overall was dull. The 2 female leads were the highlight. Bale & Cooper were poor. How it received so many accolades I really don't know.

2.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed....., 29 Jan 2013
If you've never used an Apple product then you'll probably like this. If you've used an iPhone, iPad, etc, then this is likely to be a massive let down. I had one bought for me for my birthday. I did my best to like it so my wife wouldn't feel let down but after a couple of days I returned it. I have an iPhone 4S which is streets ahead. The Kindle has hardly any of the apps that I use regularly & felt it was lacking in every way. Battery also zapped in no time. So for a tablet I have opted for the iPad Mini which is much much superior. I know I shouldn't expect as much from the Kindle because of the price difference but if you can afford it go for the iPad mini. It really is worth the extra if you can stretch to it. Tons more apps, miles easier to navigate, camera, can transfer apps seamlessly from my iPhone, keeps its value if you ever resell, etc, etc, etc.....others will disagree but just my opinion.