Profile for EllieG > Reviews

Content by EllieG

EllieG (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Trixie (Pink)
Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Trixie (Pink)
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice - but it won't see you through a 2 week holiday..!, 5 Dec 2013
This is a really nice, fun product. My daughter loves it, its sturdy, and does exactly what you expect a Trunki to do. What it doesn't do, though, is what you might expect any other bag to do - ie. hold all your kid's stuff! The shape and design means you really can't fit a lot in it.. So its great for a weekend break, but I really wouldn't want to try to fit a whole holidays-worth of stuff in it because I'd just end up with half my daughter's gear in my suitcase instead - which kind of defeats the object..! Nice and fun, works great as be so a ride on, your kids will love it, but you probably won't be so fussed.

How To Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk
How To Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk
by Adele Faber
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you think - and the techniques really do work, 5 Dec 2013
If you're looking for a quick fix to communication problems with your kids, this book isn't it. Instead, it encourages you get your thinking cap on and really engage with how you communicate with your children - and how they communicate with you. I was a bit sceptical and first. Ideas like not asking your children questions just seemed a bit odd ... but it actually really does work! You interrogate, you generally get nothing back. But by saying "Tell me about it when you're ready", I'm finding I'm getting a much more interesting and informative response from my son. And the section on Descriptive Praise is an absolute revelation. My kids are only 4 and 2, but I hope that by starting to use these techniques early, I'm making a positive step to better communication as they get older. Its not always easy, because you really do need to be prepared to think and change your approach. Not always achievable in the heat of the moment! But practice makes perfect as they say, so I just keep coming back, reading and re-reading, and making little adjustments as we go. And they are definitely working. Nicely written, friendly and approachable, not too "American-ese" either, Highly recommend.

Spiderman 4 Movie 3d Panel Single Bed Duvet Cover
Spiderman 4 Movie 3d Panel Single Bed Duvet Cover
Offered by Funky Gadgets
Price: 20.32

5.0 out of 5 stars 3D effect really works! My son loves it, 5 Dec 2013
Nice quality polycotton duvet set, well made, fabric is soft, and it washes very well. Colours have stayed true through numerous washes, really pleased with the product. I was sceptical about the 3D print, didn't think it could possibly work on a duvet cover - but you get a free pair of 3D glasses with the set, and it really does work surprisingly well! My 4 year old thought it was the coolest thing he had ever seen :)

Np Ironing Dock
Np Ironing Dock
Offered by Home & Garden Direct
Price: 8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine - once you work out the assembly instructions which are clear as mud.., 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: Np Ironing Dock (Kitchen & Home)
I'd initially given this a pretty poor review, it just didn't work properly, the board hooks kept falling out and it was *desperately* fiddly to put together.
However, I've now worked out what was wrong - user error! I'd struggled to follow the (very badly drawn) assembly instructions, and put the board hook plate on back to front.
So the product now works a lot better, and the hooks haven't fallen out once since I sorted the plate out. Does a good job, everything's hung up out of the way, iron sits in nice and securely, so does the board, and its given us much needed space in the downstairs loo.
I would be lying if I didn't say that it was still was very fiddly to put together ... the designer just hasn't thought things through, like the fact that you can't use a stubby or electric screwdriver to put the door hook on - you have to use a long one and I didn't have one to hand. So its not exactly well designed, BUT if you get the assembly right, it does an absolutely fine job.

Comfortnights Terry Towelling Waterproof Pillow Protector - 50 x 70cms
Comfortnights Terry Towelling Waterproof Pillow Protector - 50 x 70cms
Offered by ShellmarkTextiles
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, noiseless pillow protector, 2 Aug 2013
I bought these to replace some much cheaper ones I had bought for my kids' pillows. (The cheaper ones had ripped very easily, were noisy / rustly and didn't wash well at all). I'm really pleased with these Comfortnights ones - the manufacture quality is very good, the zip fastener keeps them in place, and the soft terry outer fabric is ideal for a kids bed. They are not crunchy or noisy either, and so far have provided excellent protection for our pillows during bouts of sickness and toilet training. Very good buy.

Spiderman Chill Single Duvet Set Panel Print
Spiderman Chill Single Duvet Set Panel Print

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality, but...., 2 Aug 2013
Based on the quality of this item alone, I would have given it 5 stars - the 100% cotton fabric is lovely, soft and smooth-feeling, the colours and print are great, the overall quality of the manufacture is very good. But its NOT UK spec. So the duvet cover has a flap at the bottom instead of poppers / buttons, and the pillow case does not fit a standard UK pillow - its designed for the European square shaped pillow. A UK pillow will just about fit inside, but you have a bit of bunching going on (not sure how comfy that's going to be) and there's a lot of spare fabric which needs folding under or something. If I can't sort out the pillow problem I'll have to return it, which is really disappointing because the item itself is really nice. :o(

" SRC" Solar Reflective Coated 46" width x 54" drop, Blackout Thermal Curtain Lining. ***Now Includes 15 Curtain Hooks ***
Offered by The Linen Depot
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality, very reasonable price, 6 Jun 2013
The manufacture quality of these blackout linings is excellent, they hang nicely behind my existing curtains, are not stiff or starchy as some linings are, and they have a very good blackout effect. Great value, would buy again.

Weleda Calendula and Chamomile Shampoo 250ml
Weleda Calendula and Chamomile Shampoo 250ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely shampoo for greasy scalp, 1 May 2013
I tried this shampoo cos I have really lank, greasy hair. Many shampoos strip and dry my hair out, or irritate my scalp. I had been using an Aveda shampoo, but its so stupidly expensive I decided to look for an alternative. Tried a couple of others, including one from a leading high street health shop chain, but that just left my hair dry and dandruffy. Then I discovered this. It's lovely! Lathers well, cleanses the hair gently without stripping or drying, and has the added bonus that I now don't always have to shampoo every day - but its gentle enough to do so if I want to. Has quite a strong smell of chamomile essential oil, which not everyone will like (personally I do), it seems to really suit my problem hair and scalp, it's reasonably priced and I'll definitely buy it again.

Bosch TDA4632GB Sensixx B3  Steam Iron ceramic soleplate deep berry (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Bosch TDA4632GB Sensixx B3 Steam Iron ceramic soleplate deep berry (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 25 Mar 2013
Bought this iron to replace a less powerful Phillips one that had died of old age. It's taken me a few uses to work out which settings are the best (variable steam / temperature controls), but now I've got the hang of it, this iron definitely outperforms my old iron, seems to make the job much quicker, and is also much lighter than my old model. The anti-drip feature definitely works too! Like it.
The only real negative, and other people have mentioned it too, is the water tank - lovely purple colour, but you can hardly see the MAX line, nor can you ever really see how much water is in it. Didn't think this would be much of a problem (and to be fair its only a small niggle), but as the steam function is powerful, you do have to fill up quite regularly so it would be handy if you could see the water level more easily. Other than that, I'm about as pleased as you can be with an iron that doesn't actually do the ironing for you. Reasonable price, good product.

The Great Dog Bottom Swap
The Great Dog Bottom Swap
by Peter Bently
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Dad and Son absolutely love this, 22 Jan 2013
I can hear them laughing their heads off when they are reading it together, which is always a sign of a good book, right..? I think my only gripe with this book is, I didn't expect it to be .. well, quite so anatomically accurate..?! So anyone of a slightly nervous disposition, don't bother. Anyone (like my hubby, and my 3 year old son) who has a totally daft sense of humour and finds bottoms hilarious .. buy it, you'll love it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5