Profile for EllieG > Reviews

Content by EllieG

EllieG (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Ladies UV Neon Lycra Shorts Hot Pants Dance Party Casual Club (Large/X-Large 12-14, Neon Orange)
Offered by Blue Planet Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value addition to my dance wardrobe, 1 Feb. 2016
Really bright colour, nice stretchy fabric and very comfy to wear. I've found them to be a great pair of "modesty shorts" for wearing under dance skirts.

BellyLady Belly Dance Short Sleeved Wrap Top, Valentine's Gift Idea - Orange
BellyLady Belly Dance Short Sleeved Wrap Top, Valentine's Gift Idea - Orange
Offered by Kupaiku

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good colour, nice stretchy fabric, but a bit short on the ties!, 1 Feb. 2016
I found this top fits really well on the shoulders and across the back, but the ties are just a little bit too short to wear tied at the back as its shown in the product picture - I can do it, but only just! Still, it works nicely when tied at the front as well, so its been a good and colourful, low cost addition to my dance wardrobe.

Spaghetti in a Hot Dog Bun: Having the Courage to Be Who You Are by Dismondy, Maria (2008) Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars A sweet story with a positive message, 1 Feb. 2016
This is quite a sweet story, if a little bit "american-ese" - it's about Lucy who is having trouble at school with Ralph, a boy who teases her about her curly hair and the foods she likes to eat for lunch. Lucy doesn't know how to handle the situation, but with some wise words from her grandpa, and by being brave, Lucy is able to help Ralph one day when he really needs her, and they find a way to get along. Like I say, its quite a sweet story. To be honest, I don't know many kids in real life who would just stop being a bully under those circumstances! But on the other hand, it's a gentle way of helping small children realise that its ok to be themselves, that they can be brave when they need to, and that they are okay just as they are. My 4 year old daughter really likes it, and I suppose she's more the target audience then me ;)

Girls' Potty Time (Dk)
Girls' Potty Time (Dk)
by Dk
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect potty training book! (And there's a boy's version too) :), 12 Nov. 2015
My little girl loved this - the book uses photos rather than drawings, the white background means the pages are clean and clear, and seeing real-life pictures of other little girls learning to use their potties really helped her understand what we were trying to achieve with the whole potty training lark. She even gave all the little girls names, as if they were her friends! :) It has a nice little rhyming story, reward stickers at the back, and along with Elizabeth Pantley's "No Cry Potty Training" (to help keep mummy sane during the process! ;D ) this was really the only potty training book we needed. Used the boy's version for my son too. Brilliant :)

Andrew James Premium Programmable Chrome Filter Coffee Maker With Integrated Bean Grinder Includes Reusable Filter And 2 Year Warranty
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh ground filter coffee at the touch of a button, 12 Nov. 2015
Bought this for my hubby's birthday - he's a big fan of fresh coffee, and he reckons this is the biz. It's *very* easy to use - whole coffee beans in the airtight container on the top, water in the the tank at the back, tell it how strong you want the blend and how many cups to make, then press the button. It does everything else for you in just a few minutes (apart from clean the filter out afterwards, obviously!) It has a washable filter by the way, so you don't need to buy paper ones. Keeps your fresh coffee hot for about 35 mins, then switches off automatically - so you just make your coffee as you want it, and you can make between 2 and 12 cups. (2 cup setting fills an average size mug). My only gripe with it is that the grind function is a bit loud - but that only lasts for a few moments anyway. It's not too big on the worktop, wipes down easily, chrome finish looks smart, hubby loves it.

The Pre-Raphaelites (The World's Greatest Art)
The Pre-Raphaelites (The World's Greatest Art)
by Michael Robinson

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but a bit on the small side, 12 Nov. 2015
This is a beautiful collection of pictures by the Pre-Raphaelites and their associates - so not just Rossetti, Hunt and Milais, there is everything here from the most famous favourites like Ophelia, Light of the World and Flaming June, to the most obscure and little-known works that you probably never even knew were by Pre-Raphaelites. The colours are rich and vibrant, the reproductions clear, and there is an accompanying page of description about each painting - although as a complete know-nothing about art, some of these seemed a little tenuous to me. My only criticism of this book is that is could have done with being in a bigger format, so you could really see the detail of each painting. At around 10cm x 10cm in size, its a little bit limited - but still very beautiful to look at and a comprehensive introduction to these intriguing artists.

24 Dolly Pegs Clothes Drying Dryer Airer Washing Laundry Craft ETC
24 Dolly Pegs Clothes Drying Dryer Airer Washing Laundry Craft ETC
Offered by First Choice 247

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 Nov. 2015
Old style dolly pegs like Nanna used to use, but made from hard wearing plastic instead of wood that just goes manky and marks your clothes! These are great, they hold really well in just about any weather on just about any clothes (altho I'd recommend hanging jeans by the legs rather than the waistband or the pegs will break eventually). Mine are still colourful even after well over a year of use, and no metal springs to go rusty either. Saved me a fortune in replacing other pegs that just fell apart or snapped after a few uses. Brilliant!

Miracle-Gro 1kg Flower Magic Flower Seeds with Feed and Coir Mix Jug (Multi-coloured)

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm ..., 12 Nov. 2015
I know it says on the packet that results are guaranteed, and I also know last Summer was a bit of an odd one .. but I put this down in various parts of my garden as per the instructions, and then I repeated each sowing twice more. Even after 3 goes the results were frankly pretty feeble - the flowers that did come up were pretty enough, but they were so thinly spread out I wished I hadn't bothered and gone for plugs instead. :(

Empire of Angels
Empire of Angels

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning piece of contemporary orchestral. Love it!, 20 May 2015
This review is from: Empire of Angels (MP3 Download)
I heard this piece of music on a promotional video for the Tour De Yorkshire 2015, and just had to download it. It's simply stunning - beautifully composed, arranged and produced, with a truly anthemic feel to it. Imagine yourself flying over the amazing Yorkshire landscape, or maybe galloping along a deserted beach with wild horses, and you'll get the idea. Love it, love it, love it. ;)

Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover 30 ml
Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover 30 ml
Offered by Cosmetic Solutions Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY effective for thick or tough cuticles, 5 May 2015
This stuff is brilliant! I have really tough, thick cuticles, so a cream-type product just doesn't work on them. I do have to leave it on a bit longer than recommended on the very worst-affected fingers, and still need cuticle clippers sometimes; however its a small price to pay for quick and *very* effective removal. I now take my own bottle with me when I go to get my nails done at the salon, because it works so much better than anything else I've tried (certainly on my nails anyway!)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8