Profile for EllieG > Reviews

Samsung Motion Sync Vacuum Cleaner, 2.2 Litre, 1200 Watt, Earth Blue
Samsung Motion Sync Vacuum Cleaner, 2.2 Litre, 1200 Watt, Earth Blue
Offered by Reliant Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars A good vac, but has design issues..!, 25 Feb. 2015
This vacuum cleaner really SHOULD get 5 stars - for a start, its really powerful, and cleans brilliantly. Its energy rated B, and it's much quieter than my old Morphy Richards model; it's reasonably lightweight, and the clever design of the machine itself means its really easy to move around the floor. It copes well with the switch from carpet to hard floors (although it does try to eat my loose kitchen door mat!) and emptying it is a doddle. Its a VERY good vac - apart from one feature. The hose. First up the hose is NOWHERE near long enough. Secondly, much of the hose's limited length is taken up with a huge nozzle-type ... "thing", which fits into the back of the neck of the machine. Nice that it fits away so snugly - but it looks like something out of Ghostbusters and can only have been designed by an absolute idiot with no stairs to vac. Its huge! And it's heavy, has no flex or hinge points, and the nozzle handle is in completely the wrong place for it to be of any use to anyone with less than 3 hands - 2 to get the thing at the right angle to vac your stairs with any kind of suction, and one hand spare to hold up the actual vac, which gets repeatedly pulled over cos the hose is so short. It's such a bad bit of design it makes vaccing the stairs a *very* difficult job indeed. For me, it's a major gaff on whats actually an excellent machine. If I could have put 3.5 stars I would have done, but 4 it is. Sort it out Samsung cos this really is a good vac in every other aspect!!

Sarah & Duck 20cm (8 Inch) Soft Toy With Sound - Sarah & Duck
Sarah & Duck 20cm (8 Inch) Soft Toy With Sound - Sarah & Duck
Offered by Kiddimax Character Toys

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't say much, but a nice quality toy, 21 Feb. 2015
My daughter loves these - but I do wish they had more sounds on them! Sarah says "Come on Duck". Duck quacks. That's it. Not terribly interesting, but nice quality toys for Sarah and Duck fans!

Artbox 12 Giant Pavement Chalks
Artbox 12 Giant Pavement Chalks
Offered by Babz Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the box., 21 Feb. 2015
Big, chunky, colourful pavement chalks for your budding garden artist :) Even last well when left out in the rain!

Just Dance Kids 2014 (Nintendo Wii)
Just Dance Kids 2014 (Nintendo Wii)
Offered by 6 Hungry Weasels

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice intro to dance games for very young children, 21 Feb. 2015
This is very colourful, and very easy to play with the Wii controller. It's fine if your child likes nursery rhymes and very young songs, and there are a couple of pop hits in there to keep slightly older kids interested. My 3 year old likes it very much, her 5 year old brother less so.

Lindam Safety Toddler Bedrail (Pink)
Lindam Safety Toddler Bedrail (Pink)
Offered by SAFETOTS

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the older version of this product, 21 Feb. 2015
These have been redesigned since I bought my first one 3 years earlier - I'm guessing to make them lighter and easier to send by mail order. The redesign hasn't necessarily improved the product, in my opinion. The older version had long metal legs which went under the mattress and held the bedrail snugly in place. This version uses straps, which are VERY fiddly to fit on a latted bed base, difficult to get any tension in, and fall off every time you move the mattress/change the bedding. We gave up on the straps in the end, and so the bedrail is there more of a reminder to my daughter, than an actual safety device, because if she ever did decide to fall out of bed, it would probably come off with her. It's lasted her best part of a year now without her falling out, but probably more through her learning to sleep in one place than through good design!

I Want My Potty! (Little Princess)
I Want My Potty! (Little Princess)
by Tony Ross

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little story, but not a potty training book!, 21 Feb. 2015
As a nice little story for youngsters, its fine. As a book to help introduce the idea of potties to a youngster, its pretty much useless in my opinion - doesn't give the child any indication of what the Little Princess is actually doing on the potty, or why. And in the throes of active potty training, the ending just drove me mad. My little girl liked the pictures, but it gave neither her nor me any potty training help whatsoever!

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii)
Offered by Turbotrance

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun for a Lego Star Wars mad 5 year old!, 21 Feb. 2015
This has barely been off our Wii for months. Great value purchase!

Rockport Women's Truwalk Zero Rubber Black Mesh Mary Jane V73649 4 UK
Rockport Women's Truwalk Zero Rubber Black Mesh Mary Jane V73649 4 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, comfy lightweight summer shoes., 21 Feb. 2015
Comfy, lightweight summer shoes. I have 2 issues though.
1. The strap feels just a bit too short - I have a high instep, and have to fasten them quite tight as a result.
2. I had hoped the fabric upper would make them a bit more breathable - they aren't particularly, so if you're wearing them with bare feet, use a leather insole for freshness! ;)

Simplicity Battery Operated Sidewinder Portable Bobbin Winder
Simplicity Battery Operated Sidewinder Portable Bobbin Winder

5.0 out of 5 stars Great substitute for the winder on my vintage machine, 21 Feb. 2015
Bought this when the winder on my vintage machine broke. It's great! Quick and easy to use, compact and lightweight to store. :)

Bissell Cleanview Powerbrush Carpet Cleaner
Bissell Cleanview Powerbrush Carpet Cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but very very good!, 21 Feb. 2015
Wow. How powerful is this cleaner?! It's bringing up my carpets beautifully, sucks up really well, doesn't leave the carpet too wet after cleaning, and the brush action really seems to work the fibres of the carpet. Much better than my previous machine, and quieter too. Reasonably lightweight to carry upstairs etc. and has a carry handle on the body. Very easy to move around the floor as you clean. The only cons I can find are:
1. The hose feels a bit "plasticky" and isn't as powerful as the main floor cleaner - there is a bit of a loss of suction there. But the hose still does a good job on stairs and in hard to reach areas.
2. I'm not 100% keen on the dual tank. If your carpets are pretty much free of lint, hair etc. then the combined tank probably won't be a problem - BUT, any residue in the dirty water section (like fluff, hair etc.) does tend to cling to the outside of the clean water section, and there's no obvious way of getting rid of it. Just have to keep flushing with clean water as much as you can before storing your machine after use.
Minor niggles tho - this is a very good carpet washer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7