Profile for mark > Reviews

Content by mark

mark

The Bike Book: Complete Bicycle Maintenance (Haynes)
The Bike Book: Complete Bicycle Maintenance (Haynes)
by Mark Storey

5.0 out of 5 stars Good beginner knowledge base, 25 Oct. 2012
This is a good book, I built bikes as a teenager, but had not really touched bikes for the last 25 years, Just thought I'd buy it to catch up on any advancements that had passed me by in those years. If your new to bikes perfect book, nothing dramatic has changed in the build of bikes better components yes and new technologies.

Park Tool PCS-9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand
Park Tool PCS-9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant stand, 25 Oct. 2012
I know it might seem expensive (there are a lot more expensive ones ou there) and your thinking should I really spend that amount on something I may not use that often, I did. But I'm glad I've got it it is so much easier to work on the bike. The build quality is fantastic a good gauge steel tube solid in construction, ok it's not the smallest think when folded, do you want something to fit in a draw or do you want it to hold your bike when working on it? I have a 25 year old mountain bike so it's not like the anorexic carbon road bike of today (I am going to treat myself this Christmas ) and the stand is still sturdy. If you've looked at these stands, you want one, buy one, you won't regret it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good starting point for tool kit, 25 Oct. 2012
This a very good strong kit of tools, would suit home cycle mechanic, Has a good selection of tools to complete most if not all jobs on a bike depending on your type of bike and age. You probably will need to add to it or to make things easier duplicate a couple of the tools, for a starter kit to get you going brilliant! To be honest I wasn't expecting too much from it because there were other tool kits that were three times as expensive, but when you look closer at the pictures they were the same kit just rebadged. luckily icetoolz arent as greedy as the other companies.