Profile for D R Goodhind > Reviews

My Journal of the Council
My Journal of the Council
Price: 12.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Vatican II Diary - Fr.Yves Congar OP, 4 Sep 2013
A very revealing and informative book. A little tedious in places but coming from the pen of someone at times shows how disappointed and frustrated he felt, it underlines the miraculous ( I can't put it any other way) emergence of the Church's position in the modern world that were unforeseen and unexpected.

DARTFORD COUNTRY
DARTFORD COUNTRY
by Geoff Porteus

4.0 out of 5 stars Family and Local History, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: DARTFORD COUNTRY (Hardcover)
This is n excellent book which I have used before and have now purchased to include in my reference library.

Saints, Sacrilege and Sedition: Religion and Conflict in the Tudor Reformations
Saints, Sacrilege and Sedition: Religion and Conflict in the Tudor Reformations
Price: 8.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Saints, Sacrilege and Sedition - Eamonn Duffy, 26 Feb 2013
A very enlightening examination of the true state of religious thought in this country at the time of the Reformation.

Getting Started with Latin: Beginning Latin for Homeschoolers and Self-Taught Students of Any Age
Price: 6.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting Started with Latin: Beginning Latin for Homeschoolers and Self, 9 Feb 2013
This is one of the better Latin Primers that I have come across, as it is aimed at helping the learner to think in Latin and handle fairly complex sentences quite early on. This a great deal different from the way I was taught a grammar school. Latin, of course is not entirely a 'dead' language, and I found that some of the hints for pronunciation were not congenial to me. For example to pronounce 'non' like 'known' seems to be quite affected. That is why I have stopped short of giving the book five stars. I should be glad to know if Mr. Linney has produced any more advanced courses.