Profile for Joanna > Reviews

Joanna

Family
Family
Price: 2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A story of friendship, love, danger and adventure, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: Family (Kindle Edition)
Following on from the 'Tribe' series, 'Family' continues the story two decades later, following the story from the perspective of Abi and Farrell's 19 year old daughter Cerys, as she begins to build her own Family, rather than the Tribe her parents built over 20 years before. A story full of friendship, love, danger and adventure, Cerys continues the battle to protect her family from Nephalim.

This is a series I wish I could have read when I was in my late teens. I loved the Tribe series, and Family an extension to that... I can't wait for Family 2 to be released!

The Pain of Waiting
The Pain of Waiting
Price: 3.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest, real and full of hope, 2 Sep 2013
This is a book full of honesty, where Louise Sibley shares such a special, yet very vulnerable and difficult story about their journey to have a family. It's primarily aimed at couples struggling with infertility, but although I'm not yet at the stage of life, it was good to read someone else's experience and get a realistic view that things may not always be straight forward as you hope. It is an inspiring story full of hope, and also reinforced how God's timing is perfect.

It covers topics including infertility, ectopic pregnancy, adoption (both adopting from abroad, and in the UK) and conceiving naturally, as well as including a Biblical perspective of infertility exploring the stories of people like Rachel, Sarah and Hannah.

Coming Up Roses: The Story of Growing a Business
Coming Up Roses: The Story of Growing a Business
by Cath Kidston
Price: 11.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational!, 8 May 2013
As a huge Cath Kidston fan, I was really excited to see the release of this book, to mark the 20th Anniversary of her business. I couldn't put it down and read the whole book in an afternoon, enjoying all the gorgeous pictures and feeling really inspired by how she has got to where she is today, starting from a young girl who loved playing shops. I love the fact that she has followed her heart, staying true to the vision of the brand, and being brave enough to challenge when something isn't working (e.g. opening her American shops). Her attitude towards money and business is inspiring, as she hasn't always followed the expected or recommended route, and hasn't let the fact that she doesn't have any higher education qualifications intimidate or stop her.

Overall it has reinforced my love for all things Cath Kidston, and is a book I'd recommend for both CK fans and anyone starting out in business. I have already leant my copy to a friend, and have another one waiting to borrow it!