ARRAY(0x9d26aa14)

The Exeter Theatre Fire
by David Anderson
Price: 23.79

4.0 out of 5 stars The show did not go on, 19 Sep 2013
A significant fires which led to changes in construction. However whilst the report indicates actions recommended there followed other fires in theatres, until 1911, where loss of life could have been prevented. Legislation was piecemeal as can be seen when reviewing its development.

They Never Came Home: The Stardust Story
They Never Came Home: The Stardust Story
by Neil Fetherstonhaugh

4.0 out of 5 stars Danced to death, 19 Sep 2013
Good read - ties in with what I received during my training. Short term thinking, uncontrolled numbers, poor materials etc - the list of human error goes on. Would you face the same risks today - I'm afraid to say somewhere in the world you certainly would. Not in UK or Ireland you would hope.

Bhopal: The Lessons of a Tragedy
Bhopal: The Lessons of a Tragedy
by Sanjoy Hazarika

4.0 out of 5 stars Challenging read, 19 Sep 2013
I'm not sure what I expected having read so much about it [notably the Paul Shrivastava book]. The author did a good job pulling the facts together so quickly, however I would like to see a follow up showing the aftermath which continues. I would also like to see the perpetrators brought to book rather than get away with it as appears to be the case.

Four Minutes to Hell: The Story of the Bradford City Fire
Four Minutes to Hell: The Story of the Bradford City Fire
by Paul Firth

4.0 out of 5 stars Only 4 minutes, 19 Sep 2013
Good read - links well with the video which is often shown. The speed at which the fire took hold was amazing and the consequences were truly awful.

Greatest Storm
Greatest Storm
by Martin Brayne

4.0 out of 5 stars What a soaking, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: Greatest Storm (Hardcover)
Good historical read - well researched. I wonder how bad things would have been if the Met Office was around then. Mind you they can get it wrong too can't they. I think weather prediction is not as exact a science as we would wish. Would the impact be as bad or do we just hope we have everything in place to reduce the risk and consequences. I don't think so.

Killer Smog: The World's Worst Air Pollution Disaster
Killer Smog: The World's Worst Air Pollution Disaster
by William Wise
Price: 9.47

4.0 out of 5 stars cough cough, 19 Sep 2013
Good read linking the London Smog of 1952 with later events in the US. Just goes to show it isn't just coal which causes fatalities.

Daisy's Greyt Escape
Daisy's Greyt Escape
by Jeff Scott
Price: 5.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Good old Daisy, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: Daisy's Greyt Escape (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this story - a good illustration of what can happen to greyhounds during and at the end of their racing days. I'm just pleased to see a positive outcome so that I can read this to a child. The truth however is at variance in so many cases.

Sony DNE240S Silver CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3
Sony DNE240S Silver CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3
Offered by AV-ELECTRONIX GmbH
Price: 52.86

2.0 out of 5 stars Started out well, 17 Jun 2013
While it worked it was fine BUT it failed just before the critical time I needed it so I had to resource else where. I would have sent it back btu to what purpose. Can't sell it on, just another piece of technology dumped - won't bother again. Transferring to Mp3.

The Wild Flower Key (Revised Edition) - How to identify wild plants, trees and shrubs in Britain and Ireland
by Francis Rose
Price: 16.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A rose by any other name....., 17 Jun 2013
I heard good words about this book on our habitat surveys so bought it. Then to a training course where I learnt the value of this as an aid to identifying specific plants and learning about the families. I really enjoyed the course using this book. If you enjoy studying wild flowers then this is the book to use.

Come On Home
Come On Home
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It came on home, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Come On Home (MP3 Download)
I heard this every time Justified was being trailed on tv. Really liked the sound so checked it out bought it. Wow it is really good. Will need to listed to more.

Page: 1 | 2