Profile for Connor Sinclair > Reviews

Facing Violence: Preparing for the Unexpected
by Rory Miller
Price: 8.39

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!!!, 22 Sep 2011
This book is just brilliant!! I started off with reading 'mediations on violence' which I recommended you buy along with this book, as both are really informative and provide strong building blocks into how to survive real world violence and not the nonsense you see around us in the everyday world from the media, this book doesn't go into detail on martial arts technique as it is quite flawed which the book covers in much detail. Its all about keeping it simple and easy, many martial arts books won't account for when you freeze in a violent encounter or early signs of detecting when something bad is about to happen, but most importantly it covers the law side, which I feel is not covered enough as before I read this book I didn't know the laws in my area, many people know there right from wrong which is all in well but knowing that could still land you in prison. So what good is having flawless technique when you freeze when it comes down to a real fight that is nothing like how you trained, this book offers the best advice for such a situation. I have found myself noticing more of the world around me unconsciously, I just feel more aware of my surroundings, I feel that Rory Miller's books have really opened up the world to me for the better!

All I can say really is buy these books, once you got them don't read them once, not even twice but 3 times at the least, every read you will find yourself picking out information you missed on the first and second read. They are not only informative but are well written and quite easy to digest, I quite simply believe they will change your life for the better and Rory Miller is quite an inspiring man especially for a young person like myself.

Be smart and get this book :)